For many, dance competitions are a way of life. In this competitive spirit, let's have some friendly contests here. Contests can be about popularity, skills and talent. How about a Photoshop or HTML contest? Be creative! Rules:
- No hurtful or tasteless contests (no "worst of" contests)
- The organizer must upload a trophy graphic image to be awarded to the winner. This image should specify the name of the contest and be original. For example: a ribbon or medal that reads: "Winner Best Ballet Joke - Week of December 1, 2004" (In the future, the winner will be able to display this trophy in his/her profile screen.) This requirement can be waived if it is a photo captioning contest since the photo is the contest.
- Do not post or use images that have a logo or watermark (like "Corbis"). Also avoid photos with website links or copyright notices.
- You must specify a reasonable time for the contest to end. Minimum is one week.
- Only the organizer can award karma, and only one karma point may be awarded per contest. You cannot make giving karma a part of the contest
- No similar contests. Wait till the similar one has finished.
- Only one contest per member. Wait till your contest ends to start another.
- The contest must exist entirely on dance.net, do not ask people to email you information or photos!
- Be a gracious winner and honorable loser. We can't always win.
Dance.net may officially sponsor some contests.
Upgrade to premium membership