- [b]bold[/b] becomes bold
- [i]italics[/i] becomes italics
- [u]underline[/u] becomes underline
- [strike]strike-through[/strike] becomes strike-through
- [code]monospace[/code] becomes
- [sup]superscript[/sup] and [sub]subscript[/sub] becomes superscript and subscript
- [color=blue]blue text[/color] becomes blue text
- [size=18]big[/size], [size=22]bigger[/size], and [size=30]even bigger[/size] text becomes big, bigger, and even bigger
- [hl=yellow]yellow highlighted text[/hl] becomes yellow highlighted text
- [hl=white,green]white letters with green highlight[/hl] becomes white letters with green highlight
- [hl=#FE480A,#223344]HTML RGB codes work, too![/hl] becomes HTML RGB codes work, too!
- [big]Big Text[/big] becomes Big Text
- [q]a big quote[/q] becomes
a big quote
- [q=Somebody]some quoted text[/q] becomes
some quoted text
- [quote] and [blockquote] are the same, but [q] is faster to type.
- Any web links beginning with "http://" or "www" like http://www.dance.net or www.dance.net will automatically be clickable and open a new window: www.dance.net or dance.net
- [url=http://www.dance.net]A link to dance.net[/url] becomes A link to dance.net
- [image=http://www.site.com/image.jpg] embeds (or "hot links") remote images. The remote image must reside on another web server.
- [img]http://www.site.com/image.jpg[/img] also embeds (or "hot links") remote images
Please get permission from the remote webmaster first before hot-linking. Also, some free hosting providers like Yahoo Geocities do not permit image hot linking.
- [spoiler]some hidden text[/spoiler] becomes
some hidden text
- [list][li]List item[/li][li]Another list item[/li][li]And yet another list item[/li][/list] becomes
- List item
- Another list item
- And yet another list item
- [list=][li]An ordered list item[/li][li]Another ordered list item[/li][li]And yet another ordered list item[/li][/list] becomes
- An ordered list item
- Another ordered list item
- And yet another ordered list item
- Embed video with [youtube]youtube-id[/youtube] for Youtube, or [gvideo]google-video-id[/gvideo] for Google Video
- Smileys or emoticons (put a space before each smiley)
:) or [happy]
:( or [sad]
:D or [grin]
:O or [surprised]
;) or [wink]
:C or [cry]
:? or [confused] or [?]
:] or [joy]
:P or [tongue]
- Do not put any spaces inside the open square bracket "[" or the close square brackets "]"
- Do not use parentheses, only square brackets for the markup commands.
- Put a space before each smiley or it won't work.
- You can use the hexadecimal value or the name of the color with the highlight [hl] or [color] markups.