Email Account Confirmation
|What is account confirmation about?|
Account confirmation lets us verify that the email address you use with your dance.net account is a valid email account.
Why do you need it?
We want to ensure that you have a valid email account to be able to send you forgotten passwords and optional notifications and newsletters. This also protects your online identity and prevents someone from impersonating you.
Will people be able to see my real email address?
Only if you want them to. You have the option of displaying a public email address. If you do display a public email address, our system helps thwart spam bots by displaying a modified address.
What do I need to do if my account becomes unconfirmed?
Your account can become unconfirmed if we are notified by your email provider (such as Hotmail or Yahoo) that your email account is no longer valid.
- You will need to ensure that your email account is valid. Make sure you can sign on with your current email provider and that you have enough free disk space.
- AOL members should make sure to allow email from email@example.com.
A special note for Hotmail users
If Hotmail disables your email account due to inactivity, you can reactivate the old account for free:
After you reactivate your account, follow the steps above to request your confirmation code from dance.net and reconfirm your account.
- Sign in to your old Hotmail account. You will see a "Reactivate your Hotmail Account" scren.
- Click "I Accept". This brings up WebCourier Free subscriptions.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Continue" to bring up the MSN Featured Offers
- Click on "Continue to E-mail" and you're done