Forum: Arts / Photography - Artistic

Photography - Artistic
ďA good snapshot keeps a moment from running away". (A photo dairy)
By ukiecam Comments: 136, member since Sun Mar 11, 2012
On Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 AM
Edited by ukiecam (247280) on 2012-09-05 10:20:09

Welcome to my photo dairy! I am PROMISING myself to keep this 'diary' going because my normal diaries pretty much failed.

So, Hi, my name is Cam , I'm 15, I Ukrainian Dance, and I take weird pictures of weird things.

Right now I have pretty much the WORST digital camera you can get amazon.com . . . . (I cant belive they gave it 4 flipping stars. I would give it 0). We had to send it in TWICE because it wasn't working. Anyway, It sucks.

But I am saving up to get another one. I'm thinking that it'll be an under water one. Actually, I'm pretty sure that it will be this one: thesource.ca . . . . Does it look like a good one?

About the pictures. I was playing around with the exposure on my camera. I Have to edit them sometimes though, Because you can see the baseboards and window in the background (And picnik is no more :( ).

Critiques please! Tell me if it's good or garbage! Or, what I can do to make them better!

3 Replies to ďA good snapshot keeps a moment from running away". (A photo dairy)

re: ďA good snapshot keeps a moment from running away". (A photo dairy)
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Sat Sep 22, 2012 04:13 AM
I have been traveling (and will be again next week) so I missed this one the first time around.

I think this is a clever theme which you could push even further. I do like the sense of color and the use of light. It certainly is not garbage.

A euphonium player eh? While I was once a pro photographer and photo instructor, I really spend far more time now as a musician...violinist in three symphonies.

Jon
By ukiecam Comments: 136, member since Sun Mar 11, 2012
On Sat Oct 13, 2012 02:41 AM
Thank you!!! Yup, so just my luck, my pice of crud camera isn't workking. And my memory card is somewhere in the black hole of my room. So, probably no more pictures for a while :(. Right now i have a poopload of poop going on with school, girl guides, homework, family problems, and dancing of course!! And yes, my euphonium is my child!! (I guess you cold call me a tuba!! Haha, aren't i funny!). I honestly don't even know how I started! I'm not exactlly sure what possesed me to pick euphonium for my instrument in grade 7! I am now 1 of 2 girls playing the euph in my band class, and both of us are the last people you would think would be playing the euphonium, but hey, I love it! I do want to try tuba and barry sax though.... But enough of my band nerdiness! This is a photography board! I'm now waiting for christmas when Santa will hopefully bring me a new camera... that actually works...
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Tue Oct 30, 2012 07:04 PM
Hahaha there actually are a number of DDNers who play or played low brass instruments. Two I can think of are Trout and Britney who both played Sousaphone/Tuba at least in high school and perhaps college as well (Both have graduated now and I doubt that they have instruments available to them at the moment.)

As I play in symphonies, I don't encounter Euphonia (?) or Baritones, like almost never. I do believe Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" in the Ravel orchestration does have a euphonium solo, but that's the only time in 52 years of playing in adult orchestras that I recall having one play with us. We normally only have French Horn, trumpets (but not cornets) the 'bones, and tuba.

Jon

ReplySendWatch