Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Homegrown Democrat (karma: 1)
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Wed Oct 09, 2013 09:01 AM
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1374065_559666974082504_1408344042_n.jpg'

This needs to be etched on my brain today. Pollyanna is exhausted. All week long she has been reminding me how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place. The fall weather and foliage is glorious, I literally drive into the sunset every evening on the way home from the studio. Of course it would be nice if I were actually AT the studio, teaching a few more classes instead of being done early due to sketchy enrollment, but sunsets are quite beautiful and we should cherish every one. I do.

My grandchildren are wonderful and heartbreaking at every turn. They are managing well without their mother although the other things tugging at their young existence persist. Life is hard for so many children on the globe I refuse to dwell on sad thoughts. Their resilience amazes me although I do wish they didn't have to embrace this trait quite so much.

It's been quite a year.

On a happier note... the Christmas show at the studio is falling together nicely. Most of the songs are selected, some of the dances are started, and the script is almost complete. I have been blessed with a new student/teacher who is bonding nicely with my young point dancer. I just love watching them dance together. I also have a great class of boys...tap and jazz...and I think they are going to motivate the girls of the same age (7-11) to work a little harder. They are nothing if not competitive.

Hope everyone is well. I haven't been writing much because real life is extremely demanding but I do try to keep up with many members' posts.

Hugs to all
xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
re: Homegrown Democrat
On Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:06 PM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2013-10-09 22:07:21
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1381800_768055036557285_697729367_n.jpg'

^ Wouldn't this be a great Halloween costume?

Keep On Dancing*
By Sumayah Comments: 6876, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:41 PM
I won't lie, when I saw that on my Facebook feed, my train of thought went thusly:

What do York Peppermint Patties have to do with the Wizard of Oz!? Oh... that's not... ahhhh...
re: Homegrown Democrat (karma: 2)
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Tue Oct 15, 2013 01:08 AM
Edited by ShadowLunaCat (106208) on 2013-10-15 01:12:38 hmmmph! let's see what else I can put in here, what with that dumb post errata...
[img]1.bp.blogspot.com . . . HQ/CnqbHx2aBIc/s1600/park+011+%25282%2529.JPG[/img]

Sending you a quiet glade
where soft, seamless breezes blow
flowerlets and pine needles flow
time stands still
Your own time to fill
some gentle healing to restore
Your inner love and kindness evermore.

Image hotlink - 'http://q-ec.bstatic.com/images/hotel/max300/197/1971792.jpg'

Yours,

Shadow.

Image hotlink - 'http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sD2-cHMG33w/Tf89dGlkShI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/CnqbHx2aBIc/s1600/park+011+%25282%2529.JPG'

On Thu Oct 17, 2013 08:43 PM
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1374799_10153323138030487_178035744_n.jpg'

This day will be over in less than two hours. Ah.... time flies.

Keep On Dancing*
On Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:20 PM
My friend Karen died on Saturday, All Souls Day. I got the news tonight. Her life was remarkable and ordinary. Her children were lucky to have her and I suspect, it may take them years to appreciate the magnitude of their loss.

I started mourning her months ago, so what I'm feeling now is not deep grief, but deep relief. For her. It's over. I've missed her since her voice became too weak to be heard. I am sad her life wasn't longer, her end easier. But again, I am glad it's over for her.

This has been a year of incredible losses. In addition to my daughter in law on May 22, a little boy who lived on our road and was close to many of my children passed away in June, just a year after his brother who was only two years older than he. It is hard to process this. Their mom and I spend many, MANY hours on the soccer fields and the ski slopes, and just about every place in between, for many years. Her three kids were the same age as three of my boys. Two of her three formerly healthy children...gone before the age of 30. I can't feel sorry for myself about anything... a n y t h i n g ... when I try to wrap my head around this.

I've been working on three wishes. One, just completed, was a little boy, age 9, who wanted to take the train to Universal Studios to meet Sponge Bob and Patrick. I think this wish went well. Before the family left, the local historical society did a little "send off" for him and his family at a local rail road museum. I saw a few pictures of his family at the Give Kids the World village and there were lots of smiles.

The second wish is also for a 9 year old. A little girl is going to have her bedroom redecorated. She needs a hospital bed (which she has) and unfortunately, Make A Wish can not supply any medical equipment. However, since MAW will not be doing a new bed, she will be able to select something else. She loves the Disney Princesses, especially Tianna, and the things her mom selected are related to this theme. I was hunting for something else and came across this mirror... I am hoping they may be able to substitute this or something else fun. Image hotlink - 'http://images.hayneedle.com/mgen/dynimage.ms?v=1&w=110&h=110&img=master:TD225.jpg&pad=3&shadow=4&ds=ds4&fill=ffffff' The child is non verbal and mostly confined to her bed. I will be nice for her to have her room decorated, especially since she spends so much time there.

The last wish is for a 16 year old who is going to Universal Studios in January for a special event at the Wizzarding World of Harry Potter. This particular wish has been in the works for over a year so I am especially anxious to get it done. The GKTW village is going to be closed for a few weeks in January for the first time in 25 years. Luckily, she thought the village was too childish and wanted to stay at the Universal resort anyway, so the timing on this is actually fortunate. She'll be there for the big HP event and won't even care that the village is closed. Again, fingers crossed.

It was family and friends weekend at my daughter's college this past weekend, so we all met for dinner and BINGO on Saturday. Everyone... that is all seven of my children and their children, were there. My daughter in law brought the new baby as well as their 3 year old and I was especially touched by this. She works full time and has the babies on a pretty rigid schedule that includes early bed times. She is always so good about family things. I am very blessed to have her in the family. She and my son have been friends since they were in 5th grade.

My daughter is really struggling with her health these past few months and after having to leave school last semester when she went blind she is fighting discouragement on a daily basis. When all 16 of us were sitting at the restaurant it really warmed my heart. It reminded me of the days before Kate got sick and all the kids were "the same age" (which happens in the college years...)Perhaps there is hope for healing.

I've been baking quite a lot lately, cleaning and sorting and recycling as much stuff as I can (time to purge). There are quite a few new dancers at the studio so the Christmas show is a big challenge. Lots of heart and enthusiasm, not much experience or skill. I have most of it worked out but with just a month to work on it I can't help but be anxious.

More on this as things develop.

Now, it's time for bed.

Hope all is well with all my DDN friends and "family". Hugs to all. xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
On Wed Nov 06, 2013 07:07 AM
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/156464_4419217170313_94363491_n.jpg'

Election day was yesterday.

For the first time in many years, I didn't vote.

To the little voice in my head: no lectures please...there were demands on my time beyond my control...

To the other little voice in my head" So What!

I am so disgusted with the state of politics and government in America right now I can't work up a good case of guilt about not exercising my right, my duty, to vote and participate in this democracy.

Maybe next year.

Keep On Dancing*
On Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:43 PM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2013-11-09 00:05:52
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/999603_3582024605854_1232618422_n.jpg'

I need to remind myself, that this facet of some people's personalities is just a fact of life and I shouldn't drive myself crazy trying to figure out the rhyme and reason... there is none. It is a crazy dance.

Without going into too many details, a child I took under my wing, nurtured, and loved, for many, many years, is now an older teenager with lazy self absorbed parents who insist the Emperor's new clothes are everything she says they are. If...and they are not saying this is a fact.... IF, there is anything funny going on with the Emperor's wardrobe, it must be an improper fit....not her fault, of course... the result of someone else not giving her all that she deserves. And anyone who dares to voice concern or suggest this child needs, perhaps, to be reined in or held responsible for her actions, is (like the fairy tale) deemed unworthy.
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1017232_687465831266537_249693478_n.jpg'

I know I'll get over this eventually. I know that when I give it some time and distance, I will be so, so, grateful that I am free to remove certain people from my studio forever without regret. But until I get there, all I can feel is betrayed. If I'd had a single clue that I was being so used I could have saved a ton of time, money, and heartache. It never occurred to me that I was being played...(although looking back on it all the signs were there... BIG signs... with big red flags on them...) I thought I was just being nice.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I feel like a character in, Geek Love .
Image hotlink - 'http://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/sideshow.jpg?w=500&h=334'
(now there's a book not many people talk about...)

Keep On Dancing*
On Sat Nov 09, 2013 07:31 AM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2013-11-09 07:39:42 fixed markup
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/970077_530130693690514_841594542_n.jpg'

I'd rather have a kind broken heart than an intact cold heart.

Just sayin'

Keep On Dancing*
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:31 AM
Condolences on the loss of your friend Karen. I am sure you were a wonderful friend to her during her lifetime.

It really stinks that a child you've done so much for has turned out to be a source of misery. I just read an article about crazy, overinvolved parents and what a disservice they are doing to thier children. These people are creating a monster. You deserve so much better.
Hugs.
On Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:04 PM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2013-11-10 12:19:28 typo
Thanks T...

In fairness to the family, they are not really hovering types, if anything, this kid could use some real one on one honest attention instead of the constant phony crap they've been serving up for a while now. And she isn't a monster, which is what makes it all so hard to watch unfold.

I've had her since she was 8. She is a good kid. But, even good kids try risky stuff when they are 17. Because her parents are basically "drive through window" parents (five minutes here, ten there...) they whine and complain constantly about how draining it is to drive her here and pay for this and that (they've had one financial crisis after another)and she basically feels like a big burden. When her neediness was at it's height this past spring into summer I picked up on some stuff that concerned me.

On several occasions I spoke to the mom, only voicing my concerns about things that directly impacted me and/or the other kids. For example: I had first hand knowledge of lying, using me as an excuse to sneak off with her boyfriend when she was supposed to be with us after a play. Mom called me in the morning to make sure she was attending the play with us (news to us, at the time!)and dropped her off to us. I felt it was our responsibility to chaperone her, not to have her disappear with a boy. She didn't even tell us.... just took off, and when I ran her down on her cell phone she said, "I'm going with______ (Boy)". I called her Mom who acted like I was crazy to inform her of the "changed plans" as if it was no big deal for her to take off without a word to me and contrary to prior arrangements.

Then there was a very ugly spree of doing really mean things to other kids. Mean girl kind of exclusive stuff at ballet class directed against another girl who was actually a very nice girl and previously her friend, or so this poor girl thought. When she turned on this other kid it was very subtle eye rolling and excluding her from things like going down to the store and sharing snacks and inside jokes. Stupid mean girl stuff, but not anything I'd have believed of this kid previously. Again I spoke to her and the other kid involved several times to gently turn this mean streak around and as it persisted, initiated more than one conversation with her with her mom at pick up time after class. The conversations were casual, not in a "we have a problem" tone, but I wanted them both to know I was on to it and it had to stop. The mom actually said, "WELL...._______ shows off !" Regardless, it is NEVER ok to be mean to anyone. Mom was going point for point, just as if she was 17 herself..."SHE STARTED IT!"

~~we will now break for a musical number

but I digress.... just a bit on Broadway insight to the mindset.

to continue...

It reached a point where the parents of the other girl pulled her from any performance opportunities as they felt the jealous nature of the other girls was ruining a formerly good experience. The point dancer still takes class, but her parents won't let her perform in the Christmas show or the recital. In fairness to the Mean Girl, I think they were just looking for an excuse to let themselves off the hook,(they hate the extra rehearsals and the weekend commitments) but she (they... there were 2 of them) just gave them the excuse they needed...and their daughter's feelings were hurt! BTW... the other girl involved has a mother who nipped it in the bud right away. She made her daughter promise to be kind to the other girl and she has gone out of her way to make amends to the "wronged" girl who was very forgiving and is now friendly with everyone.(Which is much easier now that the jealous one isn't around)

There's more...

At the beginning of the summer, she and another kid (another former student who moved away but was visiting) posted video on the internet from a dance performances years ago and sent it to all their now 17 year old friends, "Look at _______ when she was only 9...." without the permission of the kid she was mocking. The victim of this unkindness does not dance with us anymore, but her mom is friends with other moms at the studio and they were outraged.

They brought it to me along with rumors of her looking to buy pot for an upcoming vacation with a friend and tales of underage drinking pictures posted online when she was supposed to be helping at a "Doll and Me Tea" for the younger kids. (She committed to this weeks before, then called off an hour before, no excuse, just "Miss Christine, I'm not going to be there." ) I couldn't address rumors and reacted with surprise but killed those discussions right away. It isn't my business, and I hate the drama rumors create.

However, the posting of the video from 2006 which was so embarrassing to the other kids was something I had to address, especially since the moms were upset that she would eventually humiliate their own daughters in a similar way. "She's not even friends with ____ and she put on this act like, look how CUTE she used to be...awwwww.... and sent it out to make fun of her."

When I brought this to the mother, she acted like there was no big deal and insists that they are friends, yet the other kid, her mother, and many of the friends in common all say she doesn't even speak to her in school and hasn't for years. I can believe this as we've noticed for a very long time that she treats us way different inside the studio than out in public.

This is just a "tip of the iceberg" report. The rest is just more of the same..... petty stealing, lies, more lies, betrayal, and the mother is "just so confused" as to why anyone.... ANYONE would believe these things of her daughter. "I'll talk to her, but I don't believe she's like that!"

No hope. And the saddest part... this really is a good kid. She's just looking for love in all the wrong places and comes from a very lazy, chronically preoccupied family... the path of least resistance is always the road taken. She can get approval from her new "bad boy" friends at the expense of people who have been very good to her and it is easy as pie. No effort, no strength of character required.

She is too young to see how harmful her bad choices are going to be for her. And this is her parent's job. However, her two older brothers never amounted to much, her half sibs from her father's first marriage and the grandchildren from that marriage are not now and never have been part of their consciousness. It's like they are going to put in their time with their heads in the sand and then kick her to the curb, just like they did their other kids, when they get fed up. But for now.... KILL THE MESSENGER.

The saddest part.... even her new friends who are part of her bad behavior think her parents are fools. One of them said, "Why don't they believe that ______ is lying about what we did to ____ and ______ (victims)? She lies to them about everything all the time and they know it!"

For now, I guess it just is what it is.
Image hotlink - 'http://www.scarymommy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/pinocchio.jpg' .

Sadly.... I could have been a great source of wisdom, help, and comfort, to this family... just as I have been for years. But for now, I guess I'll just have to whistle a happy tune and keep on dancing.
Image hotlink - 'http://www.musicnotes.com/images/productimages/mtd/MN0055689.gif'

Final thoughts.... the ever sweet, kind, and supportive Tansey wrote:
You deserve so much better.

Nope.... I deserve this. I should have known better. The first time I tried to be Mommy to Mommy with this mother I should have seen it for what it was. As one of the "victims" said of her mother, "She had to learn it (lying) from some where". There is an Irish saying (isn't there always?) "Never extend your hand farther than you can withdraw it."

Someday I'll learn.

Hugs to all....

Keep On Dancing*
On Tue Dec 17, 2013 07:53 PM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2013-12-17 19:57:44 typo
It's been a while.

So much news, non-news, and works in progress.

To put this last ^ bit of mental health exercising to bed, after my last entry I was determined to move forward and let this whole thing settle out and find its own level. As each day passed, it was so much easier to not think about anything but the present, which I did.

Our Christmas show presented enough challenges to keep me occupied with my job. We had several long time loyal and helpful families who made it all possible as well as more than a handful of new families who had no idea what to expect from this annual event. The weather held, and except for a few tense moments with the venue, all went off without a hitch. The show was good, everyone was happy, and we had lots and LOTS of cookies.

The day after the show I had a message from the family I was determine to put in my past and to my surprise, the message was a congratulation on the show, etc. They saw something on someone's fb page or something. "We're not avoiding you we're just busy but we saw ______'s pictures and just wanted to say hi. " I swear I will never understand people.

Which reminds me of a cute cartoon Jon posted elsewhere...

Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1514965_503614956420149_1757504753_n.jpg'

yes, since at least the time of Christ, we humans have been misunderstanding each other.

Moving on...

I haven't seen some of my dancing beauties since the show. We had two snow days last week and then another today. I am just dying to tell them all what a wonderful job they did and what wonderful families they all have. I can't remember the last time we had such an appreciative and polite audience. Two weeks for a kid is a long, loooonnng time. Next Tuesday is Christmas Eve, so it's going to be a challenge to get these classes made up. Something to think about tomorrow.

Which will be a very busy day, as two of my children are celebrating birthdays. I feel so sorry for anyone who has a holiday birthday. No matter how much everyone tries to make it just as special as everyone else's birthdays, it just isn't the same. However, we will try. One of these children is turning 21 and we happen to live in a state littered with casinos. This time tomorrow we will be acting like heathens.

I'm really excited about the annual DDN Secret Santa. It was nice to see so many people sign up and I always enjoy sharing the excitement.

Lots of other news to share but no time at the moment. There is MORE snow, and the kids have a two hour delay tomorrow so they will be here in the morning.

Hugs to all.

Image hotlink - 'https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1513267_10152091232479938_1050685147_n.jpg'

Keep On Dancing*
On Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:28 AM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2013-12-25 00:30:14 oops
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2013-12-25 00:32:47 hum... maybe this?
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1525032_638452156219269_1135574566_n.jpg'

When I was in 5th grade (less enlightened times, I'm afraid...), I found my first pair of pointe shoes under the Christmas Tree.

Without padding, I managed to have them so broken in by the time my parents rose at dawn my mother wept. My acro teacher, the ballet teacher's husband, scolded me saying I'd ruin my feet dancing without "bunny pads". Ah.... yes, some fur from a small mammal was sure to protect me from the hazards of dancing en pointe at the age of 10. I was the only girl in my class with pink Capezio shoes. Everyone else had black shoes from Buster Brown... "With a boy and a dog and a foot in the shoe". I wept when I had to dye mine black for recital, but my mother was relieved.

To this day, whenever I visit with the "Ghosts of Christmas Past" I think of the feel of that pink satin box on my cheeks as I savored them with all my senses and smile at the memory.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas.

Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1476433_628229187243152_1421777141_n.jpg'

It is such a blessing to have you all.

xoxo

Keep On Dancing*

On Sun Dec 29, 2013 09:28 PM
We are having a tea party at the studio tomorrow.

I made two plates of finger sandwiches and two batches of tea cakes. They are just adorable.

I hope everyone comes.

Keep On Dancing*
On Sat Jan 25, 2014 03:20 PM
UGH>.....

It seems this diary is experiencing the same problems as others with big pictures....

I just tried to read over some previous posts and they seem to be cut off at the end of every line.

I wonder if this is a problem that can be fixed?

Keep On Dancing*
On Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:52 AM
I guess this isn't fixable.

I really don't like this.

I gave up reading Summayah's diary because the
chopped off sentences were too frustrating to
parse out.

I wonder if bumping the
It seems Sunnayah's got better
when it moved to the next page.

ARRRR GGGG

I was all set to catch up on whatever was above this,
but this "editing" is like nails on a black board.
Who knew I was so easily irritated?

Well.... now I know.

Keep On Dancing*
On Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:51 AM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2014-01-31 10:52:38
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2014-01-31 10:53:23 nope..
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2014-01-31 11:18:46 is that better?
New plan... if you can't lick 'em, join 'em.

Perhaps I'll take this opportunity to post relevant, or irrelevant pictures.

Some of the tee shirts donated to the Wrapping Jane in Our Love quilting project.

Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/575767_491858947552231_946982043_n.jpg'

and one of the quilts.
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t1/383440_494206950650764_272005055_n.jpg'

It's been almost a year since the bombings at The Boston Marathon
...not quite...but it was "Spring Theater Season",
which is upon us again.
I was at a performance of Hair
while Boston was on lock-down following
a manhunt for the surviving bomber.
When the kids,all young high school kids,
stood on the stage singing,
[Flesh Failures
...better remembered by the lyrics,
"facing a dying nation",
half the people in the audience started sobbing.

I wonder how many people are
starting to suffer some kind of PTSD
as the position of the sun, the "feel" of the season, and so many other sensory elements of "this time last year"
cycle into daily lives.
I remember so many people who had small
"symptoms" a year or two following September 11, 2001.

I hope all those suffering will find peace soon.

Keep On Dancing*
On Fri Feb 14, 2014 09:28 PM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2014-02-14 21:30:06 The pictures are back! I'm so confused

I wonder if starting a new diary would cure the problems, or if they are going to be part of the Brave New World here on DDN with the site re-design.

Weary....

Keep On Dancing*
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:37 PM
Edited by kandykane (157761) on 2014-02-14 22:38:34 more...
Perhaps a new page would help? Let's try......

Any better?

kk~
On Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:41 PM
New page yet?

Yes?

No?

Maybe??

kk~
On Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:47 PM
Seriously? Not yet?

Well??

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

kk~
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Sat Feb 15, 2014 06:04 PM
Maybe this will put you over onto a new page. But I think your diary looks fine now; photos and text all visible.
On Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:21 PM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2014-02-20 23:23:01 oops
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2014-02-20 23:27:23
I should be sleeping, but it's been so long since I did a real diary entry I thought I should seize the moment.

I wrote three wish stories in the past week which feels like writing three term papers. Not because of the length, or the difficulty, but the stress that goes with the mandate to get it right.

The first one was for a teenager who went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal studios. The family had a nice time but like many wish kids, was so tired they didn't do half of the activities planned. They didn't even do Disney, even though we give them three day hopper passes and lots of VIP treatment. They did make it to a special Harry Potter event at Universal and Sea World, and they loved the hotel and seemed genuinely happy about the trip. I hope they are satisfied. This particular wish was changed 5 times and took far too long to complete. You would not believe some of the things that happen "in the course of human events."

The second wish was a bedroom redecoration for a non verbal child. The challenges were monumental. The good news, the child has beautiful furniture... the other good news is that this experience has validated some inconvenient truths about humans... even Pollyanna is scratching her head and wondering about some of the things I'm wondering about. People.... Why the Ark? whenever anyone says, "What is wrong with people?", I immediately think, "EVERYTHING."

The third story was actually for a wish back in the fall, but I just finally got the family on the phone. The beautiful outcome of this wish made up for every minute of difficulty on the other two. I honestly have a hard time controlling my tears just thinking about it.

The best part of getting these things done is that for the first time in a long time, I don't have any active wishes going on. Perhaps a bit of a break will make me feel better about what goes on behind the curtain. (she scolds herself..."You KNOW about show business... why are you so surprised that the rest of the world is afflicted similarly?) In addition to no Wishes, the Senior Citizen Center where I volunteer on Fridays has been closed for bad weather more often than not since Christmas. I was there on the 17th of December to say goodbye to the director who was leaving after 4 years and haven't had a call from the new director about scheduling my weekly dance class.

Freedom may be "just another word for noting less to lose" (well, according to Kris Kristofferson) ... but honestly, it feels great! I have two big cakes to make for a church event this Sunday, and then except for a few dozen cookies for the Habitat For Humanity crews on Saturdays, I'm free of outside obligations.

Except for my studio

and my children

and grandchildren

and aging parents

oh yeah... and my dance studio!

oh well..... never mind!

Well... I like the Idea of being "free"

Recital is shaping up nicely. Our theme this year is Toys and Games and I've finally figured out about 80% of the show. The next few weeks will be busy and I suspect I will be sharing my insecurities and doubts here on DDN.

The snow here has been just crushing. After weeks of almost continuous snow the temperature went up to almost 40 today and a great deal of it melted. It gives me hope that spring may actually come someday.

Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1897903_10152223028351645_107183048_n.jpg'
... and Spring is more fun.

I'm off to sleep... I hope. Sleep has been difficult lately too, but that is a story or two for another day.

Hugs to all
xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
On Mon Feb 24, 2014 09:45 PM
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1782176_10152293434903707_1192160258_n.jpg'

I am so thankful for caller ID

When a certain friend calls to suck whatever good feelings I have about life right out of me I can pretend I'm not available.

In a way, this is true. I'm not.

Keep On Dancing*
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:19 PM
Lets try to get this onto another page again.

And I sincerely hope that I'm never the person needing to be ignored on caller ID, we all have them don't we :)
Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch