Forum: Highland / Good Luck, Congratulations, Thank You

Highland - Good Luck, Congratulations, Thank You
Highland dancer on CBC Over the Rainbow
By caracall Comments: 91, member since Wed Mar 18, 2009
On Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:31 PM

You know her as Colleen McGregor the Highland Dancer (from Winnipeg, Manitoba) but she is also known by Colleen Furlan who is vying to play "Dorothy" in Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Wizard of Oz" opening at the Mirvish Theatre in Toronto this coming December.

COLLEEN IS IN THE TOP 10!!!!!! The announcement was made in the Toronto Star Yesterday! Colleen is NOW one ruby slipper step closer to realizing her dream!!!! Let's do all we can to support our fellow Highland dancer realize her dream....

Here's how you can help:

1. WATCH the show and VOTE BY PHONE AS MANY TIMES AS POSSIBLE.....Beginning this Sunday, September 16th @ 8:00 p.m. AND every Sunday for eight weeks and VOTE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE SHOW for Colleen as many times as possible:

How it works: You can vote up to 10 times from any land line or cell phone.
So 10 votes from your home line, cell phone, office line, neighbour's line,
means 40 votes for Colleen!

2. WATCH the show and VOTE ONLINE:

How it works:
a.) You get 1 vote per email address.

b.) You can earn more internet votes for Colleen by playing Over The Rainbow online. Download the Over the Rainbow App NOW from (www.cbc.ca . . .). Follow the directions to register, then you can start playing along and earning more votes for Colleen! You don't have to wait for the TV show to begin.

c.) As mentioned on the CBC Website (www.cbc.ca . . .),
as Colleen is performing her solo on the TV show, use the crystal ball to
"like her" performance so it will shine it's brightest during the live show
as she sings!!

3. FORWARD this email on to your mass email list, post on Facebook and
Twitter.
- follow Colleen on Twitter: Colleen@colleenosaurus3 to get the latest
inside show info
- Join her Facebook Fan Page: facebook.com . . .

Although the voting procedure may seem a bit overwhelming at first......it
actually is quite a lot of fun and the best part is, you know you are
helping Colleen slip on the Ruby Red Slippers in the last show! She is
crazy excited right now and so very much appreciates your love, support and VOTES! We can all share in this excitement because we all have had a hand in making this happen.

5 Replies to Highland dancer on CBC Over the Rainbow

re: Highland dancer on CBC Over the Rainbow
By LilDancer17 Comments: 683, member since Thu Dec 04, 2008
On Mon Sep 17, 2012 04:30 AM
I gave her 30 Votes tonight...woohoo...
By highlandhezzie Comments: 95, member since Mon Sep 19, 2005
On Mon Sep 17, 2012 01:05 PM
She was great and she got a judge commenting on her being a "highland dancer from winnipeg". awesome!
By dancin3 Comments: 481, member since Mon Oct 17, 2005
On Tue Sep 18, 2012 03:31 AM
She made it past the first cut! Way to go Colleen. We are very proud of you. . .88 votes from our household!
On Thu Sep 20, 2012 02:20 AM
Dear Colleen (Dorothy) Friends:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Without your votes, Colleen may have been in the bottom two this past Monday! I can tell you the girls found out when you did and it was terrifying!  I think we can all agree that Kelsey was so composed and sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow beautifully!  Colleen doesn't want to sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow until the last show with the Ruby Red Slippers on!  She certainly does not want to be flying across the stage on a 1/2 moon either!

So, let's keep the momentum rolling for Colleen and keep her out of the bottom two every week!  Our goal is to at least double the votes for her every Sunday!  So, please keep spreading the word and asking them to vote according to the instructions below.  I know some of you had problems either getting through on the phone lines and also challenges with casting your votes online...thank you for your perseverance....obviously they eventually went through!  I had trouble as well, but my votes eventually got through!  Hopefully by this week's show all the glitches will have been worked out!

For those of you who haven't downloaded the App on CBC Over the Rainbow website -  cbc.ca/overtherainbow, if you play along and answer the daily challenges, you can earn precious extra votes for Colleen which you can cast each Sunday - you can't hold them over for another week!  You can also phone multiple times....some weren't cut off at just the 10 votes as advertised, so keep going until you get cut off....

So, how can you keep Colleen stay on the show?

1. Answer the daily challenges on the App and cast all your votes for Colleen each Sunday night....you need to use them up each week because you can't carry them over.

2. Send this email to all your contact list and ask them to vote.

3. Try to double your contact list whether through work, school, shopping, etc.

4. Post on Facebook, twitter, etc.

5. Put up posters which I can supply you with - just call and I will arrange to get them to you if you are in winnipeg or you can download and print the poster by clicking this link www.cbc.ca . . .. We would be grateful if you would put them up "all over town" at schools, University, Doctor, Dentist, workplace, stores, fitness clubs, etc!

6. Watch every Sunday and vote and VOTE OFTEN (please)!

7. Follow Colleen on twitter and Facebook and her Bio on the CBC website and like her. @colleenosaurus3 and facebook.com . . . and www.cbc.ca . . .

#ColleenFurlan4Dorothy.....let's all save her from the bottom two every week!  

She's forever grateful!!!!!!
On Sat Sep 22, 2012 09:27 PM
Thanks for supporting Colleen! Be sure to watch tomorrow night and vote, vote, VOTE!!

ReplySendWatch