Forum: Music / Music & Songs

Up and coming artists
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:52 AM

I am sure we all have people that we know that are super ridiculously talented and we would love to share them with the world, so I thought, why not make a post where everyone can post the people they know (or have discovered) so we can get their name out there and get more people to support them! I love finding new music and I'm guessing I'm not the only one :) So who are the artists that no one's heard of that you think everyone needs to hear about?

Mine are:
1. Kate & Jessie
I went to governor's school with Jessie last summer and she performed "Jar of Hearts" at one of the talent shows, and it actually made me cry. Her voice is beautiful (and the other girl, Kate's, is too). Plus I'm such a sucker for good harmonies and these are phenomenal.
You can download a few of their songs for free here (Songbirds is my favorite): soundcloud.com . . . and this is their Facebook page: www.facebook.com . . . They have an album coming out on iTunes in March too!

2. Ryan Morris
He's on iTunes--his album is called Mandala of the Sky and he is SO GOOD. He's another gov school one (I was there for humanities but the arts one was going on at the same time sooo lots of talented people around). You can listen on here too ryanmorris1.bandcamp.com . . .

3. Christina Morris
She's on iTunes and her album is called Stay With Me. She graduated from my school a few years before me and her voice is lovely too. My favorite song of hers is "Storyteller." Now she sings with her boyfriend and they're called Kennedy Court and this is their page: www.facebook.com . . .

4. Smith and Jones
This is one of my good friends and her friend. She's one of those crazy people that can play like 15 instruments (not an exaggeration) and sing really well too, and unfortunately they don't have a lot of stuff online but here's one song: www.youtube.com . . .. They did their first show a few weeks ago so hopefully video from that will be up sometime soon :)

Hope everyone enjoyed those!! And please add more :)

2 Replies to Up and coming artists

re: Up and coming artists
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Oct 20, 2012 09:58 AM
Well for a start, there's me.

Then there's a bunch of my friends. We're all indie pop of some kind.

Alison Avron
Tom Dickins
The Jane Austen Argument
James Leahy
and
Freyja's Rain (more folk/blues)

Then there's artists I've been exposed to through other artists, who I've supported, or who have supported me.

Kim Boekbinder
Brendan Maclean
Major Tom
Annaliese Szota
Stephanie Grace
Andrew Drummond
Kinetic Method
Brianna George
Terra Lexus

Helen
re: Up and coming artists
By CompactDiscomember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 21, 2012 02:28 AM
My cousin produces a singer named LEAH. She's got a beautiful voice and I got to meet her at a recording session... She's really cool. www.leahthemusic.com
And her YouTube channel has some songs and some videos uploaded: www.youtube.com . . .

ReplySendWatch