Forum: Irish / Irish - Hardshoe

How do i get my back clicks every time?
By kimmierosePremium member
On Mon Oct 01, 2012 09:45 PM

In my set dance story teller i have a back click and some times i get and sometimes i dont i wanted to know how to hit it every time

4 Replies to How do i get my back clicks every time?

re: How do i get my back clicks every time?
By califeisgirl
On Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:06 PM
In short...practice. Back Clicks are mainly muscle memory. You get used to what it feels like when it is right and you do that repeatedly. Like any other click, you are only going to land a back click if your feet are turned out and pointed. Aim to have your feet meet or “click” under your bum, as one is going down and the other is coming up. Most people aim to click near the ground, which I think makes it harder and of course doesn’t look as nice. Start with chairs to figure out what feels right for you, then drill back clicks until you get 20 in a row without missing one. Then aim for 50, etc. Eventually it will become second nature.
Now excuse me while I go off to to drill my back clicks. I haven’t been following my own advice lately and my back clicks are so sloppy in my jig. It is laziness on my part.
By criosamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Oct 03, 2012 01:27 AM
I found mine were more consistent if I remembered to hold the first foot steady and swing the other to meet it. (vs swinging both and hoping they found each other)

so it was a steady target vs a swinging target, if that makes sense?
By kimmierosePremium member
On Thu Oct 04, 2012 01:27 AM
thank you for responding
By ReelJiggered
On Thu Oct 04, 2012 02:38 AM
As annoying as it sounds, Califeisgirl is right. It took me sooo many times of just practicing them over and over and over and OVER, but now I'm super consistent with them. Good luck!!

K

ReplySendWatch