Forum: Irish / Irish - Teachers and Assistants

Renting studio space and hardshoes
By gwenfrewi_dancePremium member
On Wed Oct 03, 2012 07:42 PM

So we are facing an issue with studio space and hardshoe. We've found a great space with a great wood floor and is super affordable (which is rare) but they don't want us to use our hardshoes directly on the floor. They are worried about damage. We have very few dancers in hardshoes, but we still need to be able to practice it. The space is Used by multiple forms of dance so we would have to find something to put over the floor while we have class and then remove once our classes are completed. Any ideas and solutions or ideas are more than welcomed.

6 Replies to Renting studio space and hardshoes

re: Renting studio space and hardshoes
By irish_dancer6Premium member
On Wed Oct 03, 2012 07:48 PM
I had the same problem dancing in university. I ended up buying a pond liner and using painters tape to attach it to the floor. Have not had any problems with damaging the floor below. I would suggest getting the thickets one possible. Hope this helps
By gwenfrewi_dancePremium member
On Wed Oct 03, 2012 08:34 PM
Do you have any problems with it slipping or bunching up in the middle
By irish_dancer6Premium member
On Wed Oct 03, 2012 09:10 PM
Nope never had a problem
By KittyMulv
On Sun Dec 02, 2012 06:40 PM
I use the grey shower pan liner on wooden floors p
By SparrowCatPremium member
On Sun Dec 02, 2012 09:27 PM
We bought a roll on linoleum, turned it over (to dance on the back, it's less slippery) and duct taped it to the floor. Rolled up after each class, and the studio let us store it in a closet between classes. Make sure it is rolled with the part you dance on facing outwards, and when you unroll it it will be easier to tape to the floor and won't flick up on the edges.

Good luck!
By KnotworkMolltPremium member
On Sun Dec 02, 2012 09:49 PM
We bought part of a cosmetically flawed roll of Harlequin Cascade flooring for classes away from our studio (call Harlequin to see if they have any; it's much cheaper than list) and have augmented it with shower pan liner since the classes have grown.

ReplySendWatch