Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 6 of 6: 1 2 3 4 5 6
re: Where Everybody Knows Your Name
By Cienmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 02, 2013 06:03 PM
Work was really frustrating today. It's a long story, but basically, I didn't have most of the information I needed in order to do the task I was supposed to do. I didn't have that necessary information because it was common knowledge...about something that happened months ago, before I was even there. >_< Don't get me wrong - I'm really grateful to have a job at all, and I'm the first person to be in this particular position, so it's understandable that they don't have any sort of standard or system in place for me to follow. But I reeeeally don't like disorganization, so this job is challenging me a lot lately.

Oh well. I've started tracking what I eat since I joined the gym last week, and today I got enough exercise from teaching that I have 350 calories left over! Part of me hates how that sounds, and that I'm celebrating that sort of thing. I just never thought I'd be the sort of person that keeps an eye on what they eat. I don't really want to lose weight (although I wouldn't hate it if I lost a few pounds). But I've noticed that I'm starting to consider my food more, in terms of quality - I could "use" my calories on one cheeseburger, or a big salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, croutons, cheese, and dressing AND some fruit AND a cookie. I want to be careful not to deny myself anything or bargain, but I can tell I'm retraining myself to see the upsides of eating healthier things.

Also, my mama bought me some hard cider that I've been meaning to try. :)

Countdowns:
•2 days till my sister comes back, and my four-day weekend arrives
•4 days till my best friend's wedding (oh my god how is this possible)
•1 week and 4 days till I go visit my friend
•2 weeks and 6 days till my family reunion trip
•1 month, 1 week, and 1 day till I move out
•1 month, 2 weeks, and 1 day till I move in
re: Where Everybody Knows Your Name
On Sun Jul 07, 2013 06:58 PM
Edited by Cien (147923) on 2013-07-07 19:05:21
Well, my best friend is a married lady now. The wedding was beautiful. We had perfect weather, and the whole day was so surreal and fun. I've known my friend for 11 years, and her husband (!) since they started dating 7 or 8 years ago, and I've never EVER seen either of them as relaxed or happy with each other as they were yesterday. Even her husband (okay now I just like saying that), who's normally kind of emotionally hard to read, almost started crying during his vows and had a huge grin on his face the whole night. They had some issues with the music at the reception, but everything else was perfect.

Maybe I'm just feeling lonely after the wedding and my sister visiting with her boyfriend, or maybe this is the normal blues catching up to me, but I'm starting to wonder if this breakup was the right choice. I don't think I'm going to find anyone else like him, and I don't think I really want to try. I just want him to be more confident in himself and realize that I don't care where he works or whether he thinks he's a "real" adult or whatever. I think he is, and I just want him. But he just moved to a new place with one of his roommates, so I'm sure he's having a great time being single.
re: Where Everybody Knows Your Name (karma: 2)
On Tue Jul 09, 2013 06:52 PM
OH MY GOD I GET TO GO SEE MUMFORD AND SONS IN SEPTEMBER.

Guys. Guysguysguysguys Mumford and Sons is my favorite band of all time and I never thought I'd get tickets for a date that I could actually go but I get to go see them now. Aiiiieeee !!!

Image hotlink - 'http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/2012MumfordAndSons02AWH080812.jpg'
I'm coming for you, my beautiful boys!!!!
Page:
Page 6 of 6: 1 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch