Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

Tap - Competitions
Need suggestions for fun tap song for brother/sister 10/11 yr old pair for competition
By dancingmom6 Comments: 1, member since Fri Oct 12, 2012
On Fri Oct 12, 2012 09:17 PM

My kids have been tapping for 4 years together now and need a good tap song this year. They've danced to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, Singin in the Rain, I can do Anything from Annie get your Gun. My son likes more hip hop type music - he's the pickier one and wants a good beat. Please help! Thank you! (Oh, they are 10 and 11 years old and with heels, my daughter is now taller than my son.)

2 Replies to Need suggestions for fun tap song for brother/sister 10/11 yr old pair for competition

re: Need suggestions for fun tap song for brother/sister 10/11 yr old pair for competition
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Mon Oct 15, 2012 04:24 AM
I'm not sure if you want to stay with Broadway style tap...maybe it would be fun to do something different. I'll stick with the same genre, but if you want something funkier that may not play into the sister/brother thing as much let me know.

Make 'Em Laugh, Me and My Shadow (there are a lot of versions of this), This Is My Idea (very musical theater), Let's Call The Whole Thing Off, and my personal favorite If I Didn't Have You...use the version on Disneymania 6 - that is probably my best suggestion of all the songs!
re: Need suggestions for fun tap song for brother/sister 10/11 yr old pair for competition
By Ogracem77 Comments: 17, member since Sun Nov 18, 2012
On Thu Nov 29, 2012 06:05 AM
I would do something that is a steady beat, but at the same time: a semi-popular song so that the kids can really get into the dancing if they already know the best because of how long they've known the song. Good luck!

ReplySendWatch