Forum: Advice / Stretching

Back Stretches?
By dancer7210
On Sat Oct 13, 2012 05:28 PM

The title bascily explains my question! I have all 3 splits and I''ve been working in over splits lately. Overall I'm very flexible, except in my back. It seems that my teachers do not take enough time during stretches for our backs, although we have been doing many flexibility tricks lately that require back flexibility. Does anyone have good stretches to improve this?

6 Replies to Back Stretches?

re: Back Stretches?
By dancer7210
On Sat Oct 13, 2012 05:59 PM
What ever section you need to do tricks like scorpions! Sorry, Im not very farmiliar with sectios of the back like I said we don't do back stretches very often!
re: Back Stretches? (karma: 1)
By balletgirl4ever
On Sat Oct 13, 2012 08:18 PM
I have the same problem as you - absaloutely no back flexability. I don't know how much this will help you but the stretches I do are :

-the snake type stretch (dunno name) : line with tummy facing floor. Push up so that your waist up leaves the floor. Then raise one arm off the floor, then the other. Try and balance there, but usually you drop down to a lower vesion of the stretch (superman stretch)

-after this do the cat stretch : like a cat that stretching back. reach your hands out in front of you, lie down with tummy facing the floor. bend back so your legs are bent underneath you and your hands are reaching out in front.

-Do lots of backbends.

-try tough touch your head with your feet while lying down. Bend torso and head back, bent feet towards head.

Sorry if the explaining is really bad, but I hope you understand what Im on about :)
By dancer7210
On Sun Oct 14, 2012 04:06 PM
Thanks for the help! I will definitely try those.
By hummingbird
On Sun Oct 14, 2012 04:18 PM
Which part of your back is already lose?

Everybody has one section, at least, that needs more work, if you don't know which part that is then there aren't many people that can help you.

I googled this for you, it's something anyone can do, now you can say which parts of your back are tight and which parts don't need so much work.

lonewolfdraftinganddesign.blogspot.ca . . .

The second picture down is the easiest to see what's what in.
By dancer7210
On Sun Oct 14, 2012 04:26 PM
I would say that of my entire back, my upper back is most flexible. The mid and lower sections of the back is what I would really like to work on.

ReplySendWatch