Forum: Advice / Pilates/Yoga

Pilates/Yoga
Pilates/Yoga Online Videos and DVDs
By TheatreDanceNerd Comments: 128, member since Mon Mar 26, 2012
On Tue Oct 16, 2012 07:31 PM

So, I'm just starting out with Pilates (maybe a bit of yoga or something as well) because of a foot injury (have to stay off it for a month or more, and can't dance), and I was wondering if there were any good online resources/videos, or DVDs that I could get from the library - cause I don't have enough time (or extra money) for classes at a gym or something. Thanks!

3 Replies to Pilates/Yoga Online Videos and DVDs

re: Pilates/Yoga Online Videos and DVDs (karma: 1)
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3627, member since Fri Oct 10, 2008
On Fri Oct 19, 2012 01:24 PM
Go to KineticFlix.com. They are like Netflix but for exercise and dance and they have good descriptions; so you can tell if a video is mostly the floor work you are looking for.

Netflix.com itself does have some Pilates and Yoga videos, perhaps enough to last you for a month. That's your cheapest source next to your free, local library.

As for the library, it varies so greatly from town to town that you'll just have to call them, or go online if they have a good Web interface, and search the card catalog. Also, you may find some appropriate TV exercise shows; however if you are a student or working during the day you'll have to be able to record them.
re: Pilates/Yoga Online Videos and DVDs
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5930, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Fri Oct 19, 2012 03:41 PM
The YouTube channel BeFit has lots of different workout videos and they have Pilates and Yoga videos on there.
re: Pilates/Yoga Online Videos and DVDs
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Fri Oct 19, 2012 04:13 PM
Here's a few suggestions from that list.

I'm not sure what Pilates you've done before so all of my suggestions are basic or essential work, but these are ones I've used and know to be good, even if you have no experience.

www.kineticflix.com . . .

Toning balls are a very good, cheap piece of equipment and an easy way to change your exercise program focus.

What I like about all of these DVD's is they're easy to follow with very good pointers given by the presenters as to what to do and perhaps more importantly, what not to do.

ReplySendWatch