Forum: Arts / Fiction

Fiction
The policewoman directs traffic.
By houndrfriendPremium member Comments: 636, member since Mon Aug 16, 2004
On Fri Oct 26, 2012 06:25 AM
Edited by houndrfriend (103518) on 2012-10-26 06:29:24 punctuation

I remember reading in a local paper about a highly educated police woman that had joined the police force. She had more than one degree but I can not remember all the details. The newspaper wrote about her intelligence and education,why she wanted to join and so on. One day I was driving on a very busy road in the Northern Beaches area of Sydney,and guess what? At a corner,there was a policewoman directing traffic with a frowning policeman seargeant a bit further up the road,both working in the same area to control traffic. I think it was the same policewoman that the local paper had written about. At that time there were few highly educated police,most had a basic education and learnt mostly on the job. If that woman spent most of her time doing things such as directing traffic,I do not think she would have lasted long Of course,at times ,police have to direct traffic,but to be given mostly that job would discourage any one and may make them leave. That was probably the aim as older generation police were suspicious of people with a better education. It was not long ago when policewomen were not thought of as being in the police force,but in the"women police" and did not do all the jobs a man did. Many were in places such as school lecturing,teaching road safety to school children.

11 Replies to The policewoman directs traffic.

re: The policewoman directs traffic.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sat Oct 27, 2012 05:18 AM
Idiot. I'm not saying that anyone in particular is an idiot. It was just the first word that popped into my head when I read this. Now, I'm sure this post will be deleted because here at DDN, insulting one person is out of bounds - but insulting an entire CLASS of people is perfectly acceptable.

ps - Does ANYONE still believe this isn't an act? Now he's learned to edit his posts AND to add punctuation. Please. This is some "Flowers for Algernon" shiz right here.
On Sat Oct 27, 2012 05:36 AM
are you feeling better?
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sat Oct 27, 2012 06:15 AM
I'm feeling neither better nor worse. I'm saying - as I have said publicly for many years now - that you are a fake and a troll. Also, whoever is writing your posts lately is not nearly as imaginative as the person who wrote them before. You've resorted to blatant sexism, racism, and (GOD FORBID!) punctuation. Remember when you talked about the chinese tipping the earth off its axis? I still knew you were a fake POS back then, but at least it was mildly funny.
re: The policewoman directs traffic. (karma: 1)
On Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 AM
I remember when you posted a picture of a North Korean red under your bed ,woman, directing traffic. The next wave will be millions of north Korean woman directing traffic to japan,backed up by countless millions of Chinese women police enough to turn the sky red and massing in such a way that they may crack the earths shell. Of course there will be nowhere to park there and there will be counless millions of women parking police swarming over the earth. That will be the end of civilisation as we know it. We must clamp down on illegal parking because if they get away with that,the next step is bank robberey.
re: The policewoman directs traffic. (karma: 1)
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Sat Oct 27, 2012 06:48 AM
Edited by DeStijl (100082) on 2012-10-27 06:51:28
Lulz.

Your narrative needs more depth.

What is this incapable female policewoman's name? What color hair does she have? What does she do on the weekend for kicks? Was she born this incompetent or did her stupidly slowly mature over time with her womanhood?
On Sat Oct 27, 2012 05:15 PM
Edited by houndrfriend (103518) on 2012-10-27 19:02:50 new info
Edited by houndrfriend (103518) on 2012-10-27 19:16:57 New information
This was a highly educated woman with university degrees. I can not remember her name,but we can call her Anne,just for conveniance. I do not have the resources,time or money to try to identify her. {I forgot to write before that north Korean Secret Parking Police had dyed their faces black like British commandoes in order to infiltrate the Republican Party for the election} Unfortunately,I would guess that some of the men police may have been worried that she may have been researching them. She had dark hair,somewhere about 25 to 35.Average womans height,and a body that was not fat but not too skinny. Unfortunately I do not know her name because it was in the local paper years ago and I do not know how to find her name. I would be 90% sore that she did not last 5 years in the force. Somebody with university degrees would be bored to death directing traffic for hours,...that is my guess. I am not saying she was incompetant,but I think she would not have lasted. I would think that all police have directed traffic at some time. Maybe some even like it. They usually diret traffic when the traffic lights do not work and where there was an accident. However,would you like to do it all day? The police force has greatly changed. I wrote about it on wikepedia and put some information on wiki but it was taken off and called nonsense. It was not nonsense at all but I think there are people that do not want everything about the police in the past to be publisched. For example,at one time the NSW Police,about in the 1850s, had a section called Black Trackers. These were aboriginals paid buy the police to help search in the bushlands because they were very good at tracking.They could see where a hunted man had been by looking at the ground and seeing things that the white policemen could not see. This does not mean the white policemen were stupid,it was just that white men did not have to rely on tracking to survive in the same way that the aboriginals did. The white policemen did not have the same "training" in tracking. The Aboriginal trackers had thousands of years of inherited experiance in tracking in the outback of Australia. Now,aboriginals can be usual members of the police force,just like white men. Writing about how things were once is not racist or anything else. It seems to me that different people are suited to different places because of their ancestry. Genetically,I should be in Europe because in Australia I am in more danger of skin cancer. The Black trackers were very suited to working in the outback. How would they go if they had to hunt in Iceland? As a matter of fact I once read a story of a man on an Icelandic ship that sank in a storm. He dived from the ship and swam many miles through icy waters to get to land. it was a very long way.I forget the details. Maybe 15 miles? Did living in a cold land and having ancestors that lived there for a thousand years help him?............... EDIT Seriously,I have thought of a new job for Black trackers. They could be made Special members of the Australian and U.S. Armies and this would enable them to be used now without having to go through a long recruiting and training time. They could be sent to Afganistan and help track the enemy through those dry dusty areas. ... Anyway,getting back to the Police,there have been many police sections and organisations that now do not exist...For,example,there was a railway police that was made up op Special Constables. It was not the same as the State police although of course they cooperated. Now it does not exist,as now there are transit police that are members of the State police. The Parking Police do not exist,because the council rangers took over the job. There were clerical/office staff that handled correspondance and fines payments in the Police department,but now another organisation handles the fines. The word department is no longer used. Everything now is called the Police Force. If you google NSW police,you will not find anything about Special constables,clerical workers or civilian employees,but if you google the Queensland police ,you will see these references. Since beginning this post,I have googled black trackers and i have found references such as the Native police Corps and so on.It does not exist as a seperate police force now
On Mon Oct 29, 2012 08:57 AM
I'm gonna go all CSI here and say Rottidouche is actually not a man at all. He's a character written by... oh, let's say eight women. Eight man-bashing women. That's my guess.
On Mon Oct 29, 2012 03:37 PM
Edited by houndrfriend (103518) on 2012-10-29 16:30:56 more info
Edited by houndrfriend (103518) on 2012-10-29 16:34:01 forgot something
There will be no holds barred when I meet these women. I am not scared of girls....Lovely to look at,nice to hold,but if they get bropken,consider them sold.... You will fell better if you have a rest. Try sleeping in a parked car under the stars. It is very relaxing. Have you ever heard of Cat Stephens or Stevens or maybe you are too old? I thought he was strange when I first heard of him. He changed his name. Anyway I heard one of his songs about relaxing.... Something like... "you are still young, take it easy,you have so much to learn...if you like ,you can marry..." Anyway,it was something like that. It is a good song for when you are in a traffic jam or when you have parked and the Parking Police are after you.
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:13 PM
[q=houndrfriendHave you ever heard of Cat Stephens or Stevens or maybe you are too old?

OUCH! Super diss! You must be too old to understand any of this, Panic!
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 AM
Maybe DN will be a little quiet for a while because of that huge storm in the USA. It was on the news where I live. The sat/ picture showed a huge area under the storm. There will be cars all over the place washed around by the storm. They will be parked for a long time if the engines are full of water. ... Anyway,I think some folks got the wrong idea. I was not attacking a women for joining. I was not attacking a woman for directing traffic. I was writing about a woman with about 2 uni degrees directing traffic. I would think it would be very boring for her if she spent hour after hour directing traffic. Thinking about how things were once run in govt organisations,I would think maybe she would not last 5 years,maybe not even 5 months. At one time in Australia,women that had any job in govt employment had to resign when they got married. Things were different once. Policewomen did not even have guns once. However,now in my opinion,government employment in Australia now allegedly suffers from cronyism and nepotism.
By GrinsPremium member Comments: 3429, member since Sat May 08, 2004
On Fri Nov 09, 2012 09:11 PM
However,now in my opinion,government employment in Australia now allegedly suffers from cronyism and nepotism.

Would you care to elaborate/give examples? Genuinely curious as to why you think that.

ReplySendWatch