Forum: Irish / Irish - Teachers and Assistants

Grade Exams
By gwenfrewi_dancePremium member
On Sun Oct 28, 2012 09:15 PM

I was hoping you wonderful folks could help me get a little more info on the grade exams. I understand the basics thanks to the wonderful internet, but how do they work exactly? What are they like? Are they worth going through? How much credit goes towards the TC?

Thanks in advance!!!!

5 Replies to Grade Exams

re: Grade Exams
By Aeldao
On Mon Oct 29, 2012 09:52 AM
First of all, a useful link: www.dubhgall.be . . .

So, basically, dancers are in different groups. All the dancers of the group enter at the same time in the danceroom, and they dance one by one following an order that is known in advance (for example: www.dubhgall.be . . .).

Is it useful? I heard that grades are very popular in Europe, but not really in the other regions.

* tcrg can be exempt of some sections of the exam if they get at least 71% in grades 7-12 (idem for ADCRG if they get 81%)
*That TCRG candidates must have completed all 12 Grade Examinations to be eligible to apply for the TCRG examination, to be effective 1st January 2018.

Hope it helps ^^
By TrischPremium member
On Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 PM
I have done 1-8 Grades up to now and think, that they are worth to go for it. A TC/AD has to apply for them via CLRG headquarter and organises the grade exams. The Grade examiner is a special skilled AD, who watches you dancing (you have full attention) and gives you a certain mark incl. feedback, where you can improve your dancing.

No feis dress up - practise clothes, often in your own practice hall => relaxed, but on the other hand stressed as you want to dance your best.
By IDer_x
On Mon Oct 29, 2012 06:36 PM
"That TCRG candidates must have completed all 12 Grade Examinations to be eligible to apply for the TCRG examination, to be effective 1st January 2018.

That the current exemption from dancing at the TCRG examination, based on achieving a minimum of 71% (B-) in Grades 7 to 12 inclusive at the Grade Examinations be deleted, to be effective from 1st January 2013."

This was taken from the CLRG website.
By gwenfrewi_dancePremium member
On Mon Oct 29, 2012 06:44 PM
IDer_x wrote:

"That TCRG candidates must have completed all 12 Grade Examinations to be eligible to apply for the TCRG examination, to be effective 1st January 2018.

That the current exemption from dancing at the TCRG examination, based on achieving a minimum of 71% (B-) in Grades 7 to 12 inclusive at the Grade Examinations be deleted, to be effective from 1st January 2013."

This was taken from the CLRG website.

Thank you so much for the heads up on this one! I am planning on taking it before 2018 but not before this January. I wonder if it would be worth it just for the feedback and to have the diploma. I want to be the best I can be ya know
By TrischPremium member
On Tue Oct 30, 2012 08:58 AM
and exactely for this - grades are great.

You can show a well experianced AD, what you can and he/she tells you, where you are good at and what you can improve to become even better.

From Grade 6 onwards the requirement for AD becomes higher. This means, that you will dance the highest grades with a member of the examination panel, who are also testing you in the TC/AD exams. So it is perfect to bounce questions, get individual feedback for the TC exam etc.

Som ADs also want to see you teaching the Ceilis in the Grades and give comments on this one => grerat preparation for the Ceili teaching part in the exams.

So - it`s defo worth to be well prepared for the TC!

ReplySendWatch