Forum: General / Computers - General

Technology help please!
By SparrowCatPremium member
On Mon Oct 29, 2012 06:10 PM
Moved to Computers - General by hummingbird (128773) on 2012-11-11 10:32:37 Moved to a more appropriate forum.

Dance related, in that I want to be able to practice!

So recently, I bought a MacBook pro. I quite love it, though it takes getting used to after 20 years of using a PC/Windows. I bought an MP3 player just yesterday, and have found today upon plugging it in that my Mac doesn't like it in itunes, because it's not an ipod. Boo. Seriously.

It was a simple MP3 player, from a reputable electronics store. I can see it turning up in the Finder when I plug the usb stick in. I'm going round and round in circles on the net trying to read stuff to find out if I can make this work (and it would be totally sucky if I couldnt put any of my many purchased songs on there, you know, doing the right thing and purchasing music via iTunes.. bleh.)

All I need it for is to put my paid for and downloaded music onto so I can go to the gym and practice using earphones. Technology, is it really too much to ask?!

Anyone have any thoughts? Or should I return this one (it was $20, its purple and would generally do what I want it to, I don't want anything fancy) and go pay $120 + for an ipod nano? Shuffles are only $50, but I'd like to be able to see the songs and the artists - it's all irish reels, jigs, hornpipes and slipjigs.

Seriously, there needs to be a discount for people who have saved all their precious pennies to buy a mac, so that additional stuff that is mac compatible (like expensive iPods, etc) will be bought and not end up costing the earth! Tantrum over :P

5 Replies to Technology help please!

re: Technology help please! (karma: 1)
By OMGjaimyemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 AM
What you could try is downloading Windows Media for Mac and then just using your MP3 player with that program. All of your iTunes files are transferable, you'll just have to copy the files directly into a new folder in WMP. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. That might be the best, most simple way to go about doing it. I'm sure there are ways to force iTunes to read your MP3 player with a bit of fiddling around. I love Apple, but they are notorious for making things like this complicated for the average person. Like copying files FROM an iPod - Apple would like you to think it's not possible, but it is.
re: Technology help please!
On Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 AM
^ amazing. I will give this a go and have a moan here if my average abilities can't figure it out :P Really appreciate the help :)
On Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:56 AM
Yep, I'm officially a technology dinosaur.

I looked up windows media player for mac, and it said it had been discontinued and was now replaced with 'Flip4Mac'. So, I downloaded this. What I don't understand though is how I load itunes onto it (I tried opening the files, but they are all in album folders - do i need to go through and click on each and every one?) and I have no idea how to find my mp3 player with this program.

Thanks Apple for making this really difficult and frustrating me to the point where I will go and buy another i-thing just so the confusion will stop!!!! grrrr .....

any thoughts anyone?
By MickeySCaldwell
On Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:28 AM
Edited by MickeySCaldwell (344980) on 2020-06-07 10:30:02
Yes, technology is very helpful for us. It gives us knowledge, enjoyment etc. I like video games very much. I am in search of kodi alternatives and want apps like kodi. Then I come to know about vogatech.com. This is very impressive site having knowledge about kodi along with its review.
By Licumbre
On Mon Jun 22, 2020 05:08 AM
Hi, thanks for sharing this with me. I was searching online for some assignment help uk when I landed on this post. If yoy gusy know some good services please suggest them to me.
By superioressays
On Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:36 AM
Edited by superioressays (348836) on 2020-08-22 00:36:59
Essay is not just about putting your points across; it is about how you do it. Crafting an eloquently written essay is a skill many students don�t possess but deservedly need. Superior Essays provides the best Essay Help Online has to offer. Our writers will help you ace it.
By superioressays
On Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:59 PM
Edited by superioressays (348836) on 2020-09-18 23:00:47
We do your online class as we offer quality Online Class Helps and we are best if you�re searching to take my online class for me or pay someone to do my online class!

ReplySendWatch