Forum: Music / Music & Songs

Ballet Theme for studio - "Fairy Tails" - song ideas?
By lilgirldncr6
On Tue Oct 30, 2012 02:51 PM

We're doing the theme of "fairy tales" for our ballet this year. Looking for ballet song ideas to match this theme. It's for all our ballet classes: beginners (ages 7+) through advanced (high school age). Thanks!

2 Replies to Ballet Theme for studio - "Fairy Tails" - song ideas?

re: Ballet Theme for studio - "Fairy Tails" - song ideas? (karma: 1)
By Sumayah
On Tue Oct 30, 2012 04:20 PM
The older, advanced ones should be super easy - any storybook ballet would have good music to work with. I had a beginning ballet class of 7-9 year olds and I used the Fairy Dance from the Peter Pan score. They dressed as fairies and we did lots of little parallel runs and simple steps. It was really sweet and appropriate for their age and skill level. The intermediate tweens/teens I'd think would be the hardest. The younger ones can look cute, the older ones will have the technique to look good. But it's the intermediate ones that are usually the most challenging. I'd aim more for a character style for them.
re: Ballet Theme for studio - "Fairy Tails" - song ideas?
By pasdebourretenduPremium member
On Wed Dec 12, 2012 07:57 AM
My second recital as a studio owner was themed "Fairy Tales & Fantasy" I can't remember very many but I will give you what I can...
The Princess and The Frog (performed to any instrumental ballet music) - my frog pretty much chased the Princess while she "gracefully" ran away throughout the dance and by the end they came together (and the frog ended with a party whistle that it blew at th Princess and looked like it licked it's tongue at her - which was actually super cute)
A Whole New World
Cinderelly from Cinderella
Cinderella by Sweetbox
Fairytale - Sara Bareilles
Lots of options from different fairy tale movie soundtracks such as Enchanted, Tangled, Peter Pan, Narnia, Aladdin, Cinderella
Taylor Swift - Today Was a Fairy Tale, Love Story, White Horse, The Best Day
Carrie Underwood- Ever, Ever After
Avril Lavigne - Alice
Emiliana Torrini - White Rabbit

ReplySendWatch