Forum: Irish / Irish - MAIDs

She did it!
By China_Doll
On Sat Nov 03, 2012 08:44 PM
Locked by China_Doll (189854) on 2012-12-06 10:17:03 Thanks for all the amazing Comments

ok proud mama moment-after 3.5 years in Prelim Sabre made it into Open today @ Culkin! the 2nd place girl was another dancer from our school so the whole time before they announced second place The two girls were just glued to each other. We had a lot of fun watching their reactions.

24 Replies to She did it!

re: She did it!
By SparrowCatPremium member
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 03:14 AM
Wonderful! Well done Sabre!
By Tansey
On Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:33 PM
Edited by Tansey (209516) on 2012-11-03 22:35:43
Congratulations to Sabre, and to you! What a great confidence booster going into your O! Have fun in OC! Dd danced with Culkin when we lived in DC. Sean runs a great feis!
By DutchShamrock
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 07:54 AM
Over the moon happy for Sabre! What a great way to retire the feathers. :)
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:32 AM
Congratulations! It was great seeing her wearing the sash yesterday! and I agree, what a send off for the feathers!
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:32 PM
YAY! Congratulations!
By iRockUrPoodleSoxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:59 PM
I saw her dance and get her awards - she looked beautiful dancing and it's awesome that she won! She looked so positively happy to win! Congrats to her!
By DressShopping
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 03:24 PM
We are thrilled for her! Congrats!
By irishmamamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 04:17 PM
So happy for Sabre. She is a beautiful dancer!! Congrats!!
By China_Doll
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 04:36 PM
Thanks everyone ! She is so thrilled...of course I was a big sack of tears which is why all the photos were blurry;)

Comment #10034920 deleted
Removed by Sumayah (204191) on 2012-11-04 11:03:27 double post :)

By SR_mommy
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 07:53 PM
Congratulation mama and dancer!! My little one watch her dance one round while waiting on her stage to start and then saw her place as we were walking to the results board! "Aw, Snow White won!" She was mortified when I told her that the feathers had to go yesterday...her solution "just super glue them to the dress so that they don't come off" I'm sure at 7 that's sound perfectly logical ;)
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 09:29 PM
I saw her softshoe yesterday (my sister was in her comp) and it was LOVELY!! And loved seeing the reaction when she won as well :) Congrats to you and her!
By twinkletoeschamp
On Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 PM
Congratulations and well done!!!! :) Love the pictures!!
By boleyngrrl
On Mon Nov 05, 2012 02:33 AM
YAY!!!! :D Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic!!!! I'm so happy for her (and you, too! :))!!!! Looking forward to seeing her compete in OC! She's put in the work and it's paid off, she totally deserves it!!!! Do you know where her first OC will be yet?
By Realtreble
On Mon Nov 05, 2012 02:38 AM
We're dancing in the streets here in Ohio! (Both for joy and to escape all the robo-election calls.)Her sash goes with the dress, too.

Welcome to OC Sabre!
By China_Doll
On Mon Nov 05, 2012 02:18 PM
Sabre wanted to send her THANKS!! to everyone She keeps saying it feels like it was just so I guess it is good there is Coyle feis next weekend to get her brain adjusted. We were not going to do Coyle because of her legs,but I have a dress to deliver and she decided she really would like one more run through on stage so she is going to go ahead and dance.
By krisinstitches
On Mon Nov 05, 2012 02:39 PM
Still so bummed to have missed the awards. Would have loved to have been able to join in the celebration. See you at Coyle though!!
By Teasharkmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 05, 2012 03:22 PM
Congratulations! Hard work pays off in the end :) She looks every inch the champion in those pictures.

Kind regards,

TeaShark
By Lunamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 05, 2012 03:40 PM
Congrats to your daughter!
I really like the 2nd place girl's dress, do you know who made it or have a better picture of it?
By China_Doll
On Mon Nov 05, 2012 04:25 PM
I love it too ! It is a doire dress designs also...I believe it is on shaunas page...I will try to snag a better photo
By China_Doll
On Mon Nov 05, 2012 04:32 PM
www.facebook.com . . .

here is the link for the dress
By boho_reel_grrlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 05, 2012 09:14 PM
Congratulations, you two! :) Hope she feels well all through Coyle and into the Oireachtas.
By saoirse3473member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 06, 2012 06:24 AM
congrats! And that dress...!!!!! Seeing the photos of the dress on her up close were one thing, but seeing it this far away just proves how stunning it is! Truly unique! She looks like a winner, and now she's got the sash and trophy to prove that she is! Good for her!!!!
By moefarrell
On Thu Dec 06, 2012 01:32 AM
Was there to support Abby 3rd placer from our school. I have to say Sabre always looks so well composed and "on" so when she cried here, I teared up, too because it showed all the hard work and time she's dedicated over the years coming to fruition in her reaction. They have to be tough in this sport but great to see her just let her emotions go here. Congrats and welcome to OPEN!!!!

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed