Page:
Page 1 of 101 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Health & Nutrition
Two Hundred Ninety-six (karma: 2)
By Sumayah Comments: 6876, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Fri Nov 09, 2012 03:30 AM
Locked by Sumayah (204191) on 2014-01-17 12:11:55 old thread
Bumped by Sumayah (204191) on 2015-04-15 13:20:54
Unlocked by Sumayah (204191) on 2015-04-15 13:28:35 This thread has so many good recipes, I'm bringing it back.

Image hotlink - 'http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10766;469/st/20130830/e/Our+Anniversary/k/284c/event.png'

In two hundred and ninety-six days, it will be my 10 year anniversary. I would like to be able to wear the lingerie (a beautiful hand sequined white lace bustier and garter belt) I wore that day which means, it's time for a revolution. So I've got 9 months, 3 weeks and 1 day to lose 50 pounds. That's around a pound a week, give or take. I know there will be periods of quick weight loss and periods of plateaus, which is why I'm making this health journal. I want to be healthy and slim. Currently my BMI puts me at just over into the obesity side of things and losing 50 pounds would put just under overweight and into the high end of normal. I want to do this healthfully, not a quick diet fix.

I know how to exercise, I know how to eat right, however I make poor choices and end up sabotaging myself. With the holidays coming, I know I need to get on this and now before 50 pounds becomes 60 or 70 or 80. This is doable. So if you would like to journey with me into better heath, feel free to post in here. I'm going to try to make an effort to be more or less sugar and gluten free as I've noticed I feel better when I do. If you have recipes to share or encouragement or pictures or whatever, please join in. I need all the help I can get!

I will be trying to keep a daily food diary in spoilers, just to keep myself honest. So here we go!

236 Replies to Two Hundred Ninety-six

re: Two Hundred Ninety-six (karma: 1)
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Fri Nov 09, 2012 03:59 AM
I will totally join in with you. I was using MyFitnessPal for awhile, but since I haven't gotten into the forums there or anything, I haven't been using it. I counted calories and weighed food when I was just starting my weight loss goal, but I don't really do that anymore since the pounds have been steadily coming off without doing so. At work we started a biggest loser contest that is over in a month. I am in 3rd place atm, but the guy in first is shredding pounds like it is his job! I would have to lose about 12 pounds by the end of it to catch up to what his rate of loss has been.

Anyway, I started being more health conscious at the beginning of May and I have just recently hit my 25 pounds lost mark! My goal is 60 pounds, so I am almost halfway there. My goal time frame is by my birthday next year (July 18). Which is way more than doable. I have recently cut down a little bit on strength training. I was finding that I was wanting to eat way too much when I was working out a lot. So instead of trying to push really hard, I am just settled into what is doable for the rest of my life. Which is moderate exercise 3 times a week, and eating small healthy portions. This, I can maintain.

I am holding off on pictures until my halfway mark. This is because although I have been seeing SCALE victories (SV), there have not been many NON SCALE victories (NSV) for me. I hope to come back here and be able to report many more NSV, like getting back into a pair of skinny jeans without my legs looking like one of those tubes of cookie dough. It is amazing that 25 pounds down and I am still in the same pant size :( Just goes to show where I lose my weight, which is in the weirdest places! Usually my shoulders/arms/chest. Only substantial thing has been going down a band size in my bra, which happened a couple months ago.

Good luck to you, girl, we can do this!
re: Two Hundred Ninety-six
On Fri Nov 09, 2012 07:09 PM
Okay here's the meal plan for the day. Generally as I go, I'll start eliminating stuff I know I don't need - for instance the whipped cream on my coffee. But since I'm just starting off, I'm going to keep some things I know aren't amazing, but once they're gone, then I just won't buy more at the store. so this will be a gradual process. And as I go and I realize I only have so many calories to deal with a day, I'll start making decisions on what I want more of.

Spoiler: Show
Breakfast: 2 eggs, scrambled in a little butter and coffee with caramel flavored creamer and a little whipped cream on top.

Snack: avocado

Lunch: homemade beef stew with onions, potatoes, carrots, and zucchini

Snack: small apple

Dinner: grilled chicken breast with grilled corn on the cob and a salad of lettuce and spinach with tomatoes, croutons, and a little ranch dressing

Well I entered the info into Sparkpeople and I'm over in protein and fat today, on par for carbs and calories. I know I'm high on starches since I've got both corn and potatoes on the menu. I'll correct that next grocery store trip. Til then I'll eat what we have on hand. But overall, my general calorie estimation is fairly on par. So, yeah.

I had planned on getting up early and walking but that didn't happen, so I'll walk tonight instead.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Fri Nov 09, 2012 08:14 PM
Just wanted to pop in & show my support. I definitely need to clean up my diet. Even though I have a juicer, a blender, tons of great juice & smoothie recipes, access to a Trader Joe's, & I *know* that I feel better when I eat right, I just can't seem to make myself do it. Left to my own devices, I'm practically a vegetarian. Maybe this will be motivation for me to get my butt in gear & clean things up. ;)
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:05 AM
Just wanted to throw something out there for any other coffee drinkers. Something I cannot give up is my caffeine, I have a large coffee and a diet coke every day. This will not change. I will tell you that I have gotten out of the habit of putting any sweetener in my coffee. I use about 1/4 C of Vanilla Almond Milk now. In my coffee I swear to you that it tastes like the vanilla international delight stuff (it is possible my imagination has also improved). I feel better about drinking my coffee that way, rather than putting in cream and sugar.

Another thing that has saved me is tea. If I get urges to snack at night, I just drink some green tea and the hunger usually subsides. I also wanted to suggest cucumbers and celery. They are my super vegetables. They keep me full when I eat them with my meals or snack on them and they don't have nearly the same calorie content as carrots and corn. I have completely cut out corn. I get that it is a vegetable so it does have some redeeming qualities, but I cannot even say how many calories is in 1/2 cup without cringing. I do make exceptions for potatoes, but try to choose a sweet potato instead. Basically, I try to eat as much green stuff as possible, and treat myself to other things every once in awhile.

So hungry now, off to make a light dinner!
On Sat Nov 10, 2012 08:00 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2012-11-10 17:54:03
^ That's a great idea. I buy vanilla and chocolate almond milk for B anyway, so once I run out of creamer, I'll start using that. But until then, I shall rejoice with my peppermint mocha coffee! I planned out my meals for the day (since I work all day) and I'm just within range on everything, despite having a fairly horrible meal plan. But I mean, it's also a lot of estimations - again once I get rid of the food in the house and can start inputting my recipes, this will get more exact (and healthier, lol).

Breakfast: 2 eggs, scrambled. Coffee with creamer and whipped cream

Snack: small apple

Lunch: 3 slices of thick crust Mr. Gatti's pizza with Canadian bacon, green and black olives, mushrooms, and extra cheese

Dinner: 2 cups of salad greens mixed with spinach, cherry tomatoes, croutons, grilled chicken breast, and ranch dressing

And with that I need to go get dressed to teach my class and get clothes together for work. See y'all later!

ETA: So, so much for staying in the recommended calorie allotment. I got Starbucks and that ruined it for me. But there's always tomorrow and maybe I can strive for the low end of the range instead of the high end and help balance it out. So yeah. But seriously, if Starbucks hadn't happened I'd be worthless right now. *sigh*
By xBallet_babex Comments: 1300, member since Thu Jul 17, 2008
On Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:24 PM
Can you make your drinks at home? If so, you can probably do it for WAY less money and calories. The chocolate almond milk and a little peppermint extract would probably give you a similar flavor, but you would have to fiddle with it to get the proportions right.

I've never had a weight loss adventure, but I know if I get bored with my food, I'm more likely to eat things that are bad for me. I could see the salads getting old eventually, so I think you should try to make at ;east 1 new recipe a week. I have a bunch of new cookbooks that I haven't even used yet so I'm trying to take my own advice and cook a bigger variety of foods. If you want any gluten free recipes, feel free to PM me and I'll put some together for you.
By LeSoulierVertmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1392, member since Sat Feb 05, 2005
On Mon Nov 12, 2012 06:18 AM
As someone who has struggled with weight loss and gain for over a decade I thought I'd chime in.

One thing I've realized in the last year that has completely changed my life is that losing weight is both an internal and an external process. We all want our exterior to look good, but in order to keep the weight off for an extended period of time and truly be healthy and at peace with our bodies we have to figure out what's going on inside. I think some people are overweight because they truly have just never really thought about what they eat and never paid attention, but then there are people like me who have painstakingly focused on it for years with no results or rollercoaster results. So finally I was liek screw this I need to figure out what's actually going on with myself and why I'm overeating on a deeper level than just "ooh I like food, it sounds good and I can't stop myself".

I've done a lot of journaling, reading, and discussing with people who have endured similar issues and realized that this was part of a deeply seeded emotional issue I have with my own self-esteem and self-worth. I realized that I was eating to comfort myself and to protect myself and to keep this image of myself as someone who has the potential to be really attractive but was weighed down by poor choices and a lack of self-control. And yes, I realize that not everyone's the same as me, but I think that everyone who emotionally eats has some sort of similar idea of themselves and that is why they keep eating instead of healing. And how do you heal? There's so many ways. Of course the first step is to put yourself on a healthy eating plan and get as much exercise as possible and start doing it in the spirit of health and lasting change. And then you have to go after the emotions and how to heal and cope in more positive ways than overeating (and in many cases overdrinking along with it). I've found therapy, meditation, discussions, books, journaling and finding a creative outlet all help. The biggest one for me was journaling. Instead of just turning impulsively to ice cream I would painstakingly write out how I felt and why I wanted to eat and what I thought of myself. This forced me to really face myself and realize what was going on instead of distracting myself with food.

This turned into a bit of a tangent and maybe I went too much into detail and perhaps you're not like me. But I know a lot of people are and I know you've been struggling with this for a number of years sooo I just thought I'd go out on a limb and write all of this down.

But yeah that's my main advice, figure out what's going on inside and just do the best you can even if you lose nothing as least you'll be more in touch with yourself. The number of pounds you lose doesn't really matter in the end if you don't find happiness and peace too. I've lost the weight before without doing the real work but I really didn't get to enjoy it because I was just as self-conscious and self-loathing as ever.

Good luck Sumayah and I hope this next 9 months yields some more contentment for you!
On Mon Nov 12, 2012 08:12 PM
Oh I know I've got a fair amount of body dysmorphia behind all of this. Growing up my mom was 300+ pounds and she couldn't lose weight due to what I feel is a huge amount of unhappiness, self-esteem, and fear. I was never actively anorexic, but there was a period when I was 14 where all I ate was jars of baby food (fruits, not vegetables or meats), yogurt and some vegetables. My skin was sunken into my sternum, you could see my ribs and my back bones, my hip bones protruded. However I wanted to weigh less - I still had baby fat and my thighs and butt were my particular source of frustration. I was within a correct BMI, but I have a large bone structure so I tend to look skinnier than I really am based on how I carry my weight. So there's that.

There's also years of marriage and eating junk at bad times. Oh I'm off at 9pm and B hasn't eaten, well let me stop at Fast Food place and pick something up. And when I got married, he didn't like healthier food. I've worked him over to my side of thinking so that he actually requests fish and salads now instead of fast food. So that's helped. But I tend to self sabotage. I do really well and drop weight and people start telling me how great I look and then I fall off the deep end and completely screw myself over til I'm back to square one. So the biggest thing will be not sabotaging myself once I drop 30+ pounds and feel better and look better and get complacent.

Sunday was a spin off day. I went WAY over my calorie allotment - by 500 calories. I finished the pizza and made breakfast so yeah. But today is looking promising.
Breakfast: 1 slice homemade glutern/sugar free banana bread
coffee with creamer and whipped cream

Lunch: 2c homemade stew

Snack: 1 med apple

Dinner: 4oz salmon, vegetable kabob, salad

I'm over on fats and under on carbs, but I'm pretty even on par with calories and protein. The extra fat is from the salmon and the half an avocado I plan on having on my salad, so at least it's healthy fats. Plus we're grilling it, so that will be good. :)
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2426, member since Tue Feb 20, 2007
On Tue Nov 13, 2012 03:20 AM
hooray4jj wrote:

Another thing that has saved me is tea. If I get urges to snack at night, I just drink some green tea and the hunger usually subsides. ....

I second this!! Since I was having a hard time with controlling my eating I put a "no eating after 8:30pm" rule in for myself since I tend to just do mindless munching at night. Now if I feel like eating, I drink a pot or two of tea. I've found that it's REALLY helped me to get my eating under control again.

Personally, I'm trying to lose weight/inches because in the past year I've gained weight and barely fit into any of my clothes. :(
On Tue Nov 13, 2012 04:26 AM
I thought I would tell you all another little trick I learned. Which is treating calories like money... let me explain.

That buttered roll (I went to Logan's today) has 250 calories in it, would I pay $2.50 for it? No, so I won't eat it. That cup of cottage cheese is 110 calories, would I pay $1.10 for it? YES, I would, so I will eat it!

(except I did eat the roll >.>)
On Wed Nov 14, 2012 04:04 AM
That was a really great idea, the calories equal cash idea. I fixed B some chili dogs for dinner and there was one hot dog left over and I looked at it and thought, I can have a hot dog. Then I looked at the calorie for one hot dog link and wondered if I would pay that much for a hot dog. Sure! Then I reconsidered. No, I wouldn't. I'd pay that much for a hot dog in a bun with mustard and ketchup. I wouldn't pay that for just a plain hot dog. So I made scrambled eggs and warmed up French toast. Better. I would pay under $5 for three eggs scrambled in a little olive oil, 1 slice of French Toast with syrup and a glass of milk. Also, the French toast was easy because when I made it on Sunday, I froze individual slices for reheating. So yay. Dinner put me in correct range for daily intake which was perfect.
Breakfast: slice of banana bread with coffee with creamer and whipped cream

Lunch: Spaghetti with chicken sausage

Dinner: Eggs and French toast and milk.

I had a good morning, I've getting to bed at a reasonable hour (thanks to otc sleep-aids) and been waking up in a reasonable time. So this morning I was up by 8 and I made spaghetti for my lunch, cleaned the kitchen, made coffee, fed the animals, cleaned up, got my stuff together and dressed and out the door and at work 10 minutes early. I'm trying to reset my sleep schedule since I know sleep is important to losing weight. But it's not going to happen naturally. The sleep aid I'm using is not habit forming and I'm hoping to get my body reset. *fingers crossed*
On Wed Nov 14, 2012 09:47 PM
Today looks a lot like yesterday.
Breakfast: Same tasty banana bread, same tasty coffee

Lunch: Spaghetti, glass of milk

Dinner: Alaska roll and 2 spring roll (fresh not fried)

I will say I should probably back off the carbs. I mean I'm not really exceeding the recommended amount Sparkpeople recommends for my calorie range, but more protein and less carbs would probably be good. I will share my recipes for anyone who cares.

Banana Bread
The banana bread is gluten and sugar free and I adapted it from a recipe I found online:
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
2 tablespoon brewed coffee
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
1/3 cup + 1.5 tablespoon Truvia
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts (1/2 reserved)

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, coffee, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in half the walnuts.

Transfer to one 9.25x5.25 loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 55 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. **Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.** Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices each). Original recipe calls for two pans, but I always do one. So if two pans (8-in. x 4-in), bake for 45-55 mins. Makes 24 servings, 12 slices per loaf.

Under 250 calories a slice, 27 carbs, 6g protein

Spaghetti:
1 box of Ancient Harvest Quinoa Spaghetti
1 package Buddy's All Natural Chicken Sausage (Italian)
1 jar Rao's Homemade Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
4 cloves Garlic
1 med Sweet Yellow Onion
2 Green Bell Peppers
1 Yellow Squash
1 Zucchini
1 package Cherry/Grape Tomatoes
Fresh Basil to taste
Fresh Oregano to taste
1/4C Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) (reserve 2Tbsp)
1C Water

Sauce:
Slice the sausage into 1/4" thick discs. Brown in skillet.

Meanwhile, slice onions and peppers into thin strips and cut the squash and zucchini into 1/4" thick discs.

Once the sausage has browned, add vegetables and cook until onions are translucent.

Add entire jar of Rao's sauce into skillet. Pour 1/4C EVOO (-2Tbsp) into the jar and add the cup of water. Close jar and shake vigorously. Pour contents into the sauce and stir.

Simmer.

Before serving crush fresh basil and oregano to taste and sprinkle on top.

Pasta:
Bring a large pot of water to boil with add 2Tbsp of EVOO. Add noodles, stirring frequently. Don't over cook. (The noodles tend to stick and clump together if you don't add the EVOO. Stirring frequently also helps eliminate the clumping.)

Drain in a colander and serve with sauce.

Generally this give me 6 servings, comes in under 400 calories, 50 carbs and 22g protein.

So in case you wondering what exactly I was eating when I say banana bread and spaghetti, now you know. :)
On Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 PM
Ok I can't miss another opportunity to plug my favorite hot dogs. They should seriously think about hiring me as a spokes-person because I advertise them so much. Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Hot Dogs (you can go to their website and click on the ones with the green on the package to see nutrition info). I will break it down for you though, 40 CALORIES! Yes, the hot dogs are skinny, but so what, eat two! They are kosher/all beef so they taste like a quality hot dog, and they won't ruin your diet. I didn't even like hot dogs until I tried Hebrew National. I either eat 2 rolled up in a crescent roll (the reduced fat crescent rolls are 80 calories each), or I get the Sarah Lee reduced fat wheat hot dog buns (also 80 calories I believe). So 2 hot dogs and 2 buns is 240 calories. Yes, I would pay $2.40 for that! I just use some mustard and then I either eat pickles/cucmbers with them or 1/2C cottage cheese. It is easily one of my lowest calorie meals, so I tend to eat it once a week.

Ok, end of advertisement. Today was a weird day for me. My mom bought me this cinnamon roll that was so huge and filled with calories, so I ate 1/4 of it with coffee for breakfast. We had some issues at work today, so I couldn't actually take a lunch, I only had 15 minutes so I ran across the street and got a small size french fries and a diet coke for lunch. For dinner I just made an italian sausage and a baked potato. I haven't really had any veggies today really, I don't know what I was thinking. I might nosh on some celery later though.
On Fri Nov 16, 2012 05:21 AM
I went grocery shopping today and bought dried figs, flax, and cashews and I got the Hebrew National hotdogs! I couldn't find any rolls that weren't 120-140 calories a piece (we don't carry the Sara Lee brand reduced fat ones unfortunately), so I got a multigrain wrap instead. Hot dogs/sausages in wraps/tortillas is kind of a thing down here, so I'll run with it. Wrap the hot dog in a wrap, wrap it in foil (it should be know I had to go back correct all my warps to wraps), and let the heat of the hot dog warm the wrap, open and condimentize! Omnomnom. And the wraps are a good size so one wrap should work for two hot dogs perfectly! I got the FlatOut flatbread multigrain with flax wraps. 100 calories in one wrap, 17 carbs and 9g of protein! So not terrible. You also reminded me that I love cottage cheese so I picked some of that up today too. I also tried the almond milk in my coffee and it was pretty good - I never add sugar anyway because I don't like my coffee too sweet, but I think if I add more almond milk by a couple tablespoons it'll work well.

Breakfast: wash rinse repeat. coffee and 'nana bread

Lunch: Rainbow roll

Snack: coffee

Snack #2 my boss bought because she's awesome and it was one of those days: cappuccino

Dinner: steak and mashed potatoes

We were feeding my whole family tonight because B wanted to grill them steaks, so I made a big batch of mashed potatoes. I usually use sour cream in my mashers because I like the tang, but this time I added Greek yogurt. I used too much, need to balance the milk/yogurt ratios a little better next time, but it worked great! I managed to stay in my allotted range for everything so yay!

All right, I'm going to go make some energy balls and give those a try tomorrow. For some reason by the end of Friday evening, I'm starving and I'm hoping the ball helps keep me going through my classes if I eat it right before. And I think I've already dropped a few pounds - water weight probably, but still, it's nice not to be bloated!
On Sat Nov 17, 2012 04:23 AM
Breakfast: 'nana bread, coffee with chocolate almond milk (too much this time)

Lunch: 2 hot dogs in wraps with ketchup and mustard and cottage cheese with frozen cherries

Snack: 2 Energy Balls

Dinner: Chocolate banana peanut butter smoothie

So today was a long day, but good. But because I didn't get home til late, B didn't want to cook, so he ordered pizza while I was gone and I finally got to use for the second time ever my PB2. So that worked out well. If you haven't heard of it, PB2 is powdered peanut butter, so it's lower in calories and fat, but still has decent protein. I use yogurt and skim milk and a frozen banana, the PB2 powder and some "sugar free" chocolate syrup. It's filling and mostly good for me. But more importantly it had over 20 grams of protein which took the place of the original dinner protein I had planned for.

The energy balls were SO GOOD!!!! I made them from the nut thread and mine were 1Tbsp sized and got 10 out of it, so 2 was about the right amount for the size I made. They worked too. Usually by Friday night I'm starving by my last class and tonight I made it two hours past my last class before I was actually really hungry. So yay the awesomeness of DDN! Time to go karma people and take a nice bath. :D
On Sun Nov 18, 2012 07:28 AM
Shhhhh. We're just going to forget today happened. Just like we're going to forget about Thanksgiving. Deal? Deal. :D
On Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2012-11-19 18:52:36
Sunday I came up a little shy as I will be today. Does it work that way? Since I overindulged calorically on Saturday, does it make sense to balance that by eating less for a few days so that my weekly net intake is about right? Well anyway, here was yesterday:
Lunch: bacon, eggs, French toast, coffee with creamer

Snack: Avocado

Dinner: Two hot dogs in wraps

Today:
Breakfast: 'nana bread and coffee and creamer

Snack: energy balls

Lunch: Spaghetti and iced tea, apple

Snack: cottage cheese with mangos, strawberries, papaya
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6776, member since Fri Oct 07, 2005
On Mon Nov 19, 2012 07:57 PM
You've inspired me! I used Sparkpeople to help lose 15 pounds earlier this year, and gained some of it back. I'm going for a big goal weight (for me) for my 25th birthday, and started using sparkpeople, but then stopped because it got a little frustrating to try and figure out all my amounts again. But no more! I must hold myself accountable. I have been going to the gym 3 times a week, but I could definitely make some better food choices.

Today is a good food day so far. For breakfast I had a cup of green tea, some organic Vanana yogurt from Trader Joe's, and an apple sliced up into my yogurt. I tend to eat every few hours to try to let myself not get hungry, so I had a handful of my favorite Trader Joe's trail mix, which is full of Omega-3 fats and tastes amazing, a small plum, and a small bowl of cherry tomatoes with a little bit of EVOO and some salt. And I just now ate some fat free baked beans and should go get some more because I'm still hungry. I also have a small pear to nosh on.

Dinner tonight will likely be leftover slow-cooker pot roast I made yesterday and I may roast some potatoes to eat with it.

My dilemma today guys is gym time. Okay no, it's not a dilemma, I'm going. I am VERY tired because I've had 2 nights of bad sleep and I'll be up late tonight because Craig works late and I pick him up after work, so I thought I might skip the gym and go home and nap first, but I need to go to the gym. le sighhhhhhh.
On Tue Nov 20, 2012 01:01 AM
I overindulged yesterday and today just haven't felt very good all day. I had a few crackers for lunch, and some tomato soup and a slice of bread for dinner. I think I should just give my tummy a rest for the rest of the night. Although now that I have had the soup, it feels like my body is kicking back in to normal now, so with my luck I will feel better right before bedtime and then be hungry.

My weight loss competition at work is over 2 weeks from today, and I am just over 5 pounds away from my goal that I made for that competition. Not sure if I can lose the 5 pounds in 2 weeks, that would be stretching it for me. Oh well, we will see!
On Tue Nov 20, 2012 05:33 PM
Breakfast: French toast with syrup, eggs, coffee

Snack: Energy balls

Lunch: Spaghetti, tea, apple

Snack: cottage cheese with fruit

Since I'm at work and my work isn't super demanding, I spread my meals out and add the bulk of my calories in smaller portions. so for instance I got 1/3 of my calories this morning for breakfast (mostly from the eggs) and since I ate at 9:15ish, I won't eat my snack til 1-2pm, then lunch around 4, and my last snack at 7. So that's why I'm "skipping" dinner. Truth be told, I'm eating more like 4 meals. Because by the way, those energy balls are amazing. They are small but two fill me up and totally give me a great natural energy boost. Also I can't spell energy today - yay Firefox spellcheck!

Anyway, hi Nienna and JJ I hope you feel better today!
On Wed Nov 21, 2012 05:18 PM
So yesterday didn't go quite as planned. I ended up not eating spaghetti, instead my sister brought me Starbucks. Which was amazing of her - the usual 4 shots and 4 pumps with half and half and she brought me a Starbucks Rice Krispie Treat. I just barely didn't go over my limit. So that worked out well. I've noticed I'm lacking in vegetables, particularly fresh vegetables, so I'm hoping B will come and let me have a dinner break because Subway sounds divine. Lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, olives and some avocado with turkey and provolone and a little salt, pepper, oil and vinegar. I know, I know, I could go for less calories if I didn't get cheese and oil but there are some things I'm not willing to sacrifice and eating a dry sandwich is not my happy place.

Projected food for today, unless B can't come by in which case it'll be yesterday's spaghetti instead of the sandwich, lol.
Breakfast: coffee. And more coffee. Like 32oz worth of coffee. It's been a long two days, you have no idea.

Snack: Energy balls

Lunch: Cottage Cheese, fruit, and an apple

Dinner: Subway! Or failing that I did bring spaghetti

All hail the gods of coffee:
Image hotlink - 'http://www.nakedpastor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/coffee.jpg'
On Fri Nov 23, 2012 04:22 AM
Okay today was Thanksgiving part 1, MiL's house. According to my calculations I went over by 500 calories. However tomorrow I plan on staying in budget. Saturday though, that's my Thanksgiving and honestly all bets are off. I'm just going to enter the food and not look at the total because I already know it's going to be way and beyond my limit. However it will be worth it. Oh yes.

Today
Not my actual food, but a representation of such:
breakfast: Image hotlink - 'http://cdn.biggestmenu.com/00/00/3d/4d5eec39144d2cc9_m.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb48p4smLv1r68tryo1_500.jpg'

Late Lunch:Image hotlink - 'http://s3-media1.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/3vHGWkentnZIVos0omAUCA/l.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://static.ifood.tv/files/images/editor/images/cheesecake1.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4CeWsg_8LcsCRwuIaKxX06JVAnU7IZPRm01JkAienQXuqUHOcIxfH9l_Z'

It was the scone and cheesecake that really did me in. But c'est la vie.
On Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 AM
I haven't been posting here like I should, so here goes. Since the weight loss competition at work ended last week I haven't been paying much attention to what goes in my body. I am up 3 pounds since the competition ended and I am finding it harder and harder to care. I know I need to snap out of it, but I have a feeling that might not happen until after the holidays. And not because there is so much good food to eat around this time, because there isn't for me, but just because I am hating this month. I have been in a crap mood for the past week, and even worse the last 2 days. Work bought us pizza today because we were doing some awful training. I took carrots and celery with me in hopes of just having one slice and then noshing on healthy stuff. But screw that, I threw the veggies back in the fridge and had 3 slices of glorious, glorious greasy pizza. THEN I had a cookie. The worst part is that now I don't even feel good, I blame the cookie. Looks like water and veggies for dinner. I really hate that I ate as much as all the other girls today, but it affects me the most. They won't even notice the extra pizza weight, whereas it will take me a week to make up for it. Feeling sorry for myself does no good, but I am just not myself lately.

Also, I have the sniffles.
On Thu Dec 13, 2012 04:27 AM
Again I don't know where to post this, so I am hiding it in here. This video, Why are Thin People Not Fat?, is one of the most interesting things I have watched in a long time (I love you BBC).

I hesitated to post it because I know not everyone will watch all 7 parts and just wonder if it is another excuse to blame genetics for being fat. For me, though, it was a different realization. It was the realization that, yes, there may be something in my DNA that has always made this weight a struggle so I need to find other ways to combat that fact. Plus I love documentaries and, seriously, this was so so interesting.
Page:
Page 1 of 101 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

ReplySendWatch