Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Page:
Page 10 of 101 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
re: Two Hundred Ninety-six
By celestia836 Comments: 2006, member since Tue Dec 02, 2003
On Tue Apr 09, 2013 08:52 PM
I've avoided this thread for the past several weeks, just like I was avoiding my diary, as I've also sunk into a bit of a depression. Physically speaking, I wasn't too bad, but I stopped exercising aside from my 20 minute walk to/from work. I also stopped tracking my food, which meant that while I wasn't exactly eating McDonald's every day, I wasn't getting the nutrients I need. It also only made me feel worse about myself at a time when there were lots of other stressful things in my life!

This weekend I was able to pick myself up and dust myself off a bit (in no small part due to some very kind and encouraging comments in my diary!), and today and yesterday I've been recording my food and thinking about exercise. (Even just thinking about exercise is significant considering my mental state for the past two weeks, so I'm giving myself a big pat on the back for it!) My mood has been better and I feel a little more confident than I have done recently. Maybe I'll go for a jog here and there now that the weather's getting a bit nicer. :)

Hugs to you, Suma, and know that I'm thinking of you! Feel free to PM/facebook me whenever--I might be halfway across the world but I can always listen to (er, read) rants/rambles and/or act as a virtual exercise buddy. And I can send postcards. :)
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Thu Apr 11, 2013 06:41 PM
^ Heh, me too. Which is why I'm glad so many other people are onboard with it. Because every time I saw it in the feed it was a reminder that I was majorly slacking. And then I'd feel bad that I was slacking. But it was also the in my face reminder I needed not to let it get out of control.

Leogirl, I'm actually really familiar with 5-htp. B uses it regularly - one of his clients is a nutrionist who told him about it and it's readily available in our house. I know that one will make me chill out enough to focus on what needs to get done and two will (usually) make me sleep. I'm going to take one at night for two weeks and see how I'm doing, and since the brand he gets says you can take up to three a day, if one isn't doing it, I'll try one in the morning and one at night and see how it goes for a few more weeks.

I have gotten sleep and I think that's help immensely. I don't know how long my body will let me do it, but I think I hit a point of such exhaustion that I just couldn't function anymore and all that negative energy came dredging up to the surface. So I'm going to take some of the really good advice I've gotten and see if I can reign everything in.

Tuesday:
Coffee and yogurt for breakfast
Kind bar and yogurt for lunch (I couldn't function enough to put together a real lunch)
yogurt for snack (yay greek yogurt? at least I got some good low calorie protein in that day)
grilled chicken salad with cheese, tomatoes, bacon, croutons, and avocado for dinner with a glass of sweet tea with a shot of whiskey in it.

Wednesday:
coffee and yogurt for breakfast
yogurt for snack
Then I realized I wanted comfort food gosh darn it because it suddenly turned rainy and stupidly cold and I stopped at Panera and got a cup of broccoli cheese soup and half a sandwich with some bread and had that with an avocado for lunch.
Dinner was grilled steak, grilled asparagus, and a small green salad with tomatoes, bacon, cheese, avocado and croutons with a glass of milk.

I tmi news, I also just started my period today, so that also helps explain the Tuesday mental breakdown as my emotions were all over the place so the low I was already feeling was just cranked to 11. And it explains all the dairy intake. I *crave* calcium right before I start. Like I'll drink an entire gallon of milk in a couple days. So all the yogurt, cheese, and milk helped. And it also explained the brownies I made Sunday. I mean.

Today didn't start so well, I had donuts and Starbucks for breakfast. I'm not hungry yet, but I'll eat some yogurt and a kind bar before going to teach and then this evening I'll fix a good dinner for us. I've got corn to be grilled, some fish too and a salad I think would be good. I'm also going to go get my week 1:2 on on my C25k. Just thought I'd drop in and let y'all know I back to manageable point, and that I'm going to actively work towards not letting it get out of control again, because frankly, Tuesday was a scary day for me.
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6776, member since Fri Oct 07, 2005
On Thu Apr 11, 2013 07:20 PM
It's also totally okay to ease yourself back into it and lower your expectations. In fact, it's HEALTHY. On Tuesday you had a kind bar and a yogurt, and you said you weren't functional enough to pull together a real lunch. I think that's a perfectly acceptable, healthy lunch! When I get too busy or low mental health wise, I subsist on Clif bars, turkey hotdogs, Annie's Organic mac and cheese mixed iwth turkey sausage, yogurt, and fresh fruit/veggies that don't require ANY work. It is perfectly okay to not have a protein, whole grain, and veggie on your plate for every meal.

Sometimes I shock myself guys. Yesterday one of my friends over who I don't get to see very often, and I sort of pigged out on potato chips, french onion dip, and a popsicle. I put in my amounts into sparkpeople and was still within all my ranges. Small victories, but I woke up RAVENOUS this morning. Good dinners are much better than junk food dinner.

I'm sooo frustrated with my weight loss latellyyyy ! I just can't seem to drop anymore weight!! I shouldn't complain too much because, jsut today, I'm wearing a skirt that is so loose it's frumpy on me (it's supposed to sit at my waist and it's fallen to my hips and no longer hugs my curves attractively), but still. I'm going to Puerto Rico in 2 months and I'd like to drop a little more weight before then. There's an adorable bikini at Target I'd like to bring with me...

I'm just starting to worry that I will NEVER get there and be as fit as I used to be. It's a useless worry and I'm trying not to dwell on it, because I work out and eat very cleanly. Guys I had such a nice lunch today:
-Green bell pepper, cut into strips
-One pouch Sunkist 100 calorie tuna salad (this is a diet STAPLE for me)
-One wedge cantaloupe
-One coke zero (we all have our vices...)

I had a lower intensity workout yesterday because my allergies are bad, but I'm feeling better today (adding advil to my regimine helped the horrible sinus pain), and am hoping to do something pretty high intensity, as well as arm work.
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6776, member since Fri Oct 07, 2005
On Wed Apr 17, 2013 07:39 AM
Lost 3 pounds this week, oh yeahhhhhhh! I'm officially just over half-way to my goal, which is just so exciting. Now I get to see it as needing to lose only (fake numbers ahead) 20 more pounds instead of 40. And what's important is while I've definitely had my stagnant weeks, I haven't gone back in the other direction. Yesssss.

The bad thing is, none of my clothes fit right, but I don't want to tailor them right now because I'd rather just get them taken in when I hit my goal weight, but I have a few things, dresses in particular, where the V neck on them is slipping down lower and lower and pretty soon there will just be nothing I can do beyond get it tailored.

Another accomplishment? I'm obviously still a ways away from my goal weight, but at my current weight, I am stronger and more fit than I was when I first hit this weight on the way up. Does that make sense? I weigh 1#0 pounds now, which is still quite a few pounds from where I want to weigh, but I'm more muscular, fit, and stronger now at this 1#0 pounds than when I was gaining weight and hit 1#0 pounds.

In any case, my head is sort of spinning from a lot of things right now, so it's nice to have fitness to grip on to.
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 967, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Wed Apr 17, 2013 07:58 PM
Congrats, that's awesome! I know what you mean about feeling fitter at the same weight and it's the best.

The last few days I've been pretty good food-wise although craving sugary chocolatey stuff big time and gave into that a bit. Reeses freaking peanut butter cups, why are you SO GOOD.

In other news I finally ran 10 miles this weekend! 3.5 months of hard work :) Honestly deep down at the beginning of the year I hoped I would do it but I didn't really trust myself to stick to it because I've never come close to sticking with anything like that before. But I can now and I can do it in under 100 minutes and I'm so proud of myself for that :) I'm registered for my first half marathon in the fall and I know my fitness is going to back-track some over the summer because I'll be gone so much, but the fact that it's 6 months away and I can already comfortably do 10 miles makes it seem not too daunting.
On Thu May 09, 2013 09:35 PM
Okay, I'm back... again. No really. First, let me say that the mold shot through the roof and I feel like some hit me upside the head with frying pan.

Breakfast: peanut butter and plum jelly sandwich; hot tea

Lunch: omelet with potato, bacon and cheese; 2 biscuits with jelly

Dinner: 3 biscuits with jelly and; hot tea

Water: 2L

Exercise: Zombie C25K week 1:1
On Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 PM
Yesterday:

Breakfast: 1/3C yogurt and protein powder; banana; hot tea

Lunch: 1/3C yogurt and protein powder

Dinner: La Madeleine large spinach salad with chicken; potato soup; sweet tea

Water: 1.5L

Exercise: n/a

I felt awful and went home early from work, was asleep by 9:30pm and slept til nearly 11am (though I woke up for cough fits periodically during the night - pretty sure I fell asleep with a cough drop dissolving slowly in my mouth, because that's safe).

Today:

Breakfast: 5 biscuits with jelly; coffee with creamer

Lunch: n/a

Dinner: 1/3C yogurt with protein powder; sweet tea

Water: 1L

Exercise: Zombie C25K week 1:2
On Tue May 14, 2013 09:44 AM
Yesterday was a bad day.

Breakfast: 1/2c yogurt with protein powder; coffee

Lunch: 1/2c yogurt with protein powder; apple

Snack: Kind bar

Exercise: n/a

Basically that yogurt was supposed to be just breakfast, and I couldn't finish. And I've got no appetite so when I looked at my lunch it was so wholly unappealing and I was so nauseated that I made myself eat the yogurt and the apple. Also, I blacked out briefly at work. Then when I got to the studio, because I'm not wanting food, my blood sugar bottomed out and I was a. mess. Was in bed before 9pm and slept off and on til midnight and then crashed completely.

Today isn't looking much better, but I'm trying to eat enough to not revisit yesterday.

Breakfast: Starbuck's protein plate (I made myself finish it, even though I got about a 1/3 finished and didn't want anymore. It tasted all the same. The egg, the peanut butter, the bread, the apple, the grapes, everything tasted the same.) and some coffee.

I have my same lunch. Steak, asparagus, and half a small baked potato. I'm going to try to eat it today. I also brought yogurt and a Kind bar for snack. *fingers crossed* I'm going to see how well breakfast sits first.

In other news, I've lost nearly 8 pounds since last Wednesday. This is not how I wanted to lose weight. I mean, yay. I guess. Bleh.
On Wed May 15, 2013 08:18 PM
Make that nearly 10 pounds since last Wednesday. :/ My appetite is not returning and I'm getting kind of worried. I made myself eat a yogurt for breakfast. I made myself eat the leftover steak and asparagus and potato for lunch (well I ate at least of third of it), and I fixed a big coffee for work with lots of creamer. The idea of dinner kind of turns my stomach. I'm not wanting to eat and that's never, ever been a problem I've had. Like, I'm making myself eat because of what happened Monday. My appetite needs to return because I don't like this. I mean I want to lose weight, but this is not the healthy way I wanted to do it. Any suggestions?
re: Two Hundred Ninety-six (karma: 1)
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 967, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Wed May 15, 2013 08:39 PM
Smoothies? With green stuff and yogurt and peanut butter (not necessarily all together haha) besides just fruit. When I feel blah and not like eating, a smoothie is enough like a drink and sweet enough that it doesn't really seem like food, but you'd be getting some nutrients anyway.
On Fri May 17, 2013 10:37 PM
Feeling better! Also, yay for Starbuck's gift cards!

Breakfast: Starbuck's blueberry scone and usual coffee/creamer

Lunch: salmon and green beans

Dinner: BBQ

It was B's birthday so we went out to his favorite barbeque place. I got the two meat plate (brisket and sausage) with two sides (mac and cheese and potato salad) with Texas toast and sweet tea. I ate half of it!

Exercise: week 2:1 zombie c25k
On Wed Apr 15, 2015 01:40 PM
Gonna get back to this.

Breakfast: 4 shots, over ice, in a venti cup, with 2 pumps of cinnamon dolce, extra ice and half & half. One Quest bar.

Snack: Kind bar dark chocolate chunk

Lunch: Mahi-mahi taco with lime/cilantro sauce, borracho beans, grilled peppers and onions. Chips, queso, salsa. Unsweet peach tea.

Dinner: ??? I think we might have grilled chicken and grilled vegetable skewers.
Page:
Page 10 of 101 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

ReplySendWatch