Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Page:
Page 5 of 101 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
re: Two Hundred Ninety-six
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6776, member since Fri Oct 07, 2005
On Thu Jan 24, 2013 02:01 PM
I fell off the wagon yesterday because I had a hard time getting myself to eat anything, so Craig and I shared a large pizza. Oops.

Yesterday would've been my weigh-in but I took a mental health day, so to the gym I go today. I'm not expecting much, but that's okay. We go onwards!

Can't wait to try that cauliflower pizza! Has anyone done cauliflower rice? I've been meaning to try it...
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Thu Jan 24, 2013 05:03 PM
I am celebrating not cheating for 3 weeks. In the past I'd always say, "Oh well, I'll go eat here and just consider this a cheat day for me." I have since realized that cheat days just don't work for me while I am on this journey to my goal shape/weight. I have allowed myself a piece of dark chocolate because it is so low in sugar that it fits into my lifestyle change...but those kind of treats are limited to once a week. I don't feel I'm being deprived, I feel I am just making a choice at fitting into my old jeans or not.

My mom is coming over for cauliflower pizza on Sunday!!!! YAY!!!! I'll let you know how it goes (maybe I'll post a picture.)

I have a recurring problem with capsulitis in my left foot. Too painful to do any cardio, but my husband suggested I go swim, which I might do tomorrow. I am going to go have more southwest chickpeas.

For those of you who make the chickpeas...do you heat up the leftovers are eat cold? I do both, just depends on how lazy I am. :P
By Sumayah Comments: 6879, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Thu Jan 24, 2013 07:12 PM
^ I heat mine.

So my blood sugar just bottomed out hard. We were out of bananas for my smoothie and since I was running late, I just grabbed a couple hard boiled eggs for breakfast. That was at 8:15am. By 10:30 I was uncontrollably yawning, so I grabbed a fruit leather and some vegetable chips from the teacher lounge and that perked me up and kept me going til, now, around 1pm. By the time I made it home from grocery shopping I was shaking, completely unfocused and on the verge of tears. So I'm eating some tuna and cucumbers and vegetable chips and an apple. My groceries meanwhile are sitting in the middle of the kitchen. It was me or them.

So the lesson is I *have* to have lots of sugar based food in the morning or life turns gravely unpleasant. Renae, kudos for being able to low sugar! I envy you that!
On Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:54 PM
I think the peanut butter and banana I have most mornings or oatmeal and strawberries is enough sugar to get me going. Since I have limited wheat I can't believe how much more alert I am in the afternoon. I don't have that carb crash around 2:00 where all I want to do is take a nap. Pretty good feeling.
On Fri Jan 25, 2013 02:53 AM
So I just looked and my cleanse ends on Wednesday. Not Monday. That's okay, I'm doing well, but I'm ready not to be so very limited. But, it is making me make better choices about food.
Spoiler: Show
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs

Snack: a fruit strip (leather), and about 0.5oz of vegetables chips

Lunch: 1 portion of tuna with egg, 1oz vegetable chips, 2oz cucumber slices, 1 jazz apple

Snack: 1c yogurt with 1c frozen blueberries and 2tbsp flax seed, sweetened with stevia and flavored with a little vanilla extract

Dinner: 1 portion of chicken sausage spaghetti

The only thing I went over on today was my fat intake, and that was solely the tuna's fault (I'm looking at you mayonnaise). But you know what, it's okay. I stayed in range for all my other targets and in an hour I'm going to go get my run on, so yeah. I feel good, I feel healthy - or at least I do when I get enough fruit in the morning. Which reminds me, I need to peel and freeze bananas so I can have my smoothie tomorrow! Hooray!

I'm also going to have to get creative about eating tomorrow and Saturday. We have our competition of the season and I need to figure out how to best eat appropriately. Friday will be easy, I'll just take tuna and some cucumber and bell pepper chunks with me and eat that after my class as I head to the comp. Saturday will be more tricky. We've 8am dancers performing, and then I have to leave to go teach and then I'll come back. They always have a room set up with food for the AD's and choreographers so I always eat something there. Fruit and cheese and meat and some casserole type stuff usually. And then I can eat dinner at home. I guess I just need to bring some good snacks with me. Hrm.
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6776, member since Fri Oct 07, 2005
On Fri Jan 25, 2013 03:01 PM
^Having days out is always what gets me. I usually keep some nuts in my bag, fresh fruit, the like. Things that don't need to be refrigerated.

I'm down another 1.5 pounds! Woot! I wasn't expecting much this week, so that's great. And I'm going to the gym today and tomorrow, so yay for that as well.

May have tricky eating today. Friday is office lunch day and I probably should've ordered a salad but AH well. I'll figure it out. I can always eat half my lunch now and the other half later, and make something light to eat at home. I tend to stay on the low end of my calorie limits, so being towards the upper end for a day won't kill me. I need to go grocery shopping this weekend anyway.

Anyone got any new recipes? I haven't tried the nacho chickpeas because I really can't stand chickpeas, which is SUCH a shame because I really wish I could enjoy hummus. Maybe I'll do the cauliflower pizza this weekend! Ooh that would be fun...
re: Two Hundred Ninety-six (karma: 1)
On Fri Jan 25, 2013 08:19 AM
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2013-01-25 08:21:10 edited
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2013-01-25 08:23:58 final edit
Nienna, congrats on more weight dropping! That is so cool, very happy for you. (and jealous since I'm not seeing those kind of results yet). My mom hates chickpeas too...they aren't for everyone.

I'm making this beef barley soup tonight or tomorrow:

Ingredients

1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups cubed red potatoes (1/4-inch pieces)
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrot
1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
1/2 cup medium pearl barley
8 cups water
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes

Directions

In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with the potatoes, celery, carrots, lentils and barley. Combine the water, bouillon, salt and lemon-pepper; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until vegetables and barley are tender. Add the tomatoes; cook 2 hours longer. Yield: 10 servings.

Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 241 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 18 g protein.

I'm making this vegetarian lunch for my friend next week:

Ingredients

1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
1 each medium sweet yellow and red pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
8 pita breads (6 inches), cut in half

Directions

In a large resealable bag, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add the mushrooms, peppers, onion and zucchini; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the vegetable mixture over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in cheese; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stuff each pita half with 1/2 cup vegetable-cheese mixture. Yield: 8 servings.

Nutritional Facts 2 stuffed pita halves equals 272 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
re: Two Hundred Ninety-six (karma: 1)
On Sat Jan 26, 2013 06:11 AM
I just wanted to say I killed it today. I made it a full 5k on my walk/run. That's the furthest I've ever been! And I stayed in my calorie range. AND the soloist were so, so beautiful at competition. Back tomorrow at 8am!

Breakfast: smoothie! So delicious!

Lunch: chicken sausage spaghetti

Snack: Fuji apple, 2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner: tuna with egg on red bell pepper and cucumbers.

Tomorrow I'm going to start with a smoothie, break my diet and get a Pacha latte and then figure out lunch there. I'm going to bring cashews and an apple for snack. Then once I look at my calories for the day, I'll figure out dinner later!
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 967, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Sat Jan 26, 2013 08:33 PM
^Well done on yesterday! That's great!!

I have had a good week! Running low on healthy noms for the dorm room so I should head back to the grocery store sometime soon but I think that's a good sign :)

Also, although I'm not timing my runs too closely right now because I'm just trying to build up stamina and run longer distances without stressing about times, I do know my 4.5 mile run took me under 45 minutes today so yay!! And I wasn't dying or anything haha. I'm proud of that because a few weeks ago I could have maybe run that far but not in that time and I'd have been miserable.
On Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:02 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2013-01-27 11:28:59
Oh my goodness. I just woke from a twelve hour sleep. I don't bounce back from competition like I used to. Those were a long two days in the theatre. And I have the three blisters on my feet to prove it!

I did pretty okay yesterday for food, but I definitely did not drink near enough water. I drank a liter in about 10 minutes before going to bed (healthy I know :/). I did manage to have a good lunch though, but I have no idea if I stayed in my calorie range.
Breakfast: smoothie, I'm on a smoothie kick, what can I say

Lunch: while I was getting coffee at Pacha, I also got their marinated chickpea salad and it had chickpeas, carrots, celery, red onion, red cabbage, kalamata olives, parsley, in a vinaigrette.
Image hotlink - 'https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/391176_4312017167554_99455588_n.jpg'

Snack: cashews

Dinner: I was starving when I got home so I had the last of my tuna with egg on vegetable chips with an avocado.

Pretty sure I went over my fat intake based on the fat content of the avocado and tuna and cashews. But you know, overall I made good choices and tried to eat mindfully. I ate something better for me than the pulled pork sandwiches slathered in root beer bbq sauce, I didn't eat the creamy "baked" potato soup and I didn't eat the cookies or brownies. So despite knowing I probably went over, I at least made conscientious choices. Today's a new day and I think a smoothie is calling to me right now. ;)

ETA:
Sumayah wrote:

I started off at XX0.0 lbs and I'm now down to XW4.5

Today was a weigh in day and I'm down to XW1.0 pounds. 19 pounds lost so far. :) The holidays did bad things to me, so that 50 pounds I wanted to lose is more like 60. Which means I'm getting within 40 pounds of my first goal weight. Yay! I can do it! I can do it!
On Mon Jan 28, 2013 07:42 PM
^YOU SO CAN! I'm so pumped for you! :D

Guys, can I just say that this thread is amazing? It's like having fitness buddies, but they're all in one place and I can go back and reference things they've said in the past easily. I don't know if I would've stayed on track as much without this thread so thank you to Sumayah for starting it and to all you frequent responders! :D

I'm really proud of myself because this weekend I didn't eat super well (I didn't exactly go over my limits, but I had a STRANGE day on Saturday so I didn't eat until dinner, at which point I basically had my entire day's limit of everything. :-\ and Sunday was sort of another weird day, though better. But what I'm proud of is despite that, I haven't quit. Generally when things get a little less than perfect I start getting discouraged and then I jsut let everything go until I find the motivation again to start over. This time despite a few bumps, I'm just as committed and excited to reach my goals as ever. I think this is a good sign for the future. I'm sure I'll have more road bump days, but as long as I get myself right back on my horse I'll do just fine.

Just full of positive feelings regarding physical health right now. You ladies are all amazing and inspiring and I love your input!
On Tue Jan 29, 2013 04:40 AM
So Sunday was a bust. I went waaaaaaay over my recommended caloric intake and that included Girl Scout cookies. Damn those Girl Scouts. And damn my friend for buying the cookies and bringing them to my house! So, we're just going to acknowledge that Sunday was majorly a bust and skip merrily to today.

I'm pms-y. And I WANT stuff. And today because we had friends over, I didn't have a chance to prepare a protein for today so when I got to work with limited food, I decided I was due for a Jimmy John's. But! After much deliberation, I ended up ordering my usual Beach Club - no mayo - but instead of getting the amazing French bread, I opted for a unwich. So it was everything that goes in the sub in a lettuce wrap. I also didn't get chips, I brought the vegetable chips from home and had those. I drank water. And interestingly, I barely made my calorie protein minimum for the day. But since I went over on Saturday and Sunday, maybe it will balance out.

Anyway. I need to shower and go to bed, I ended up subbing an extra class tonight so no time for a run. :(
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Tue Jan 29, 2013 06:47 AM
^ omg, tell me about those Girl Scout cookies. My boyfriend is kind of the "neighborhood cop" so all the kids on several blocks come to sell him cookies, and he ends up buying at least one from each kid! That combined with the fact that I teach at a few studios, I end up buying a bunch too. Last year, we ended up with 75+ boxes and he ended up having to take the majority of them to the station. Those thin mints are awesome frozen, just sayin.

My goal is to get back into dancing. I officially made a pro dance team this year, and I need to make sure I don't slack off this year.

I have been getting super good at precutting vegetables. If I cut up cucumbers and bell peppers the night before, I have a healthy snack all day long.
On Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 PM
Soooo fell off the wagon last night. I've been out of sorts because my husband was in Boston since Thursday. I haven't been making dinner for us, or lunches, and I haven't been really bad until yesterday. I was at Starbucks and had a dark chocolate graham cracker thing and the package had 2 small crackers. The package said 12g sugar but I didn't see that it said the serving size was 1 cracker. DUH. Then I had the left over angel food cake that my mom left...AND I had to pick my husband up at the airport last night at 11:00 pm, and I didn't eat enough for dinner, so I had a cup of soup, bread, and a gingerbread cookie. I'm PMS'ing and just want my routine back with my hubby.
Today is a new day, but I am bailing on my workout because I had 4 hours of sleep (after the airport run) and I need to sleep!!

GAH!
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 967, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 PM
Quick rant: I hate how much salt is in just about EVERYTHING storebought, even if it's otherwise clean/ good for you. I was out of meal swipes for the week yesterday and instead of my usual huge piles of plain veggies and brown rice and chicken from the dining hall I got some things from the various "restaurant" convenience store type places. It was all generally good food--no scary ingredients and still balanced in terms of macronutrients and everything, but too salty! I was so so thirsty all day, even with drinking a lot of water.

Other than that though, I'm doing well :) I probably haven't lost a single pound this month but I'm okay with that because I feel great and I am starting to see changes in my body. I look fitter and my abs look fantastic if I do say so myself :) And most importantly, I can do things that I definitely couldn't do a month ago. Like plank for three minutes. And actually do a decent number of pushups. And run further and faster than I've been able to for a while. Soooo yay!
By Garnet_Juliet Comments: 134, member since Mon Jan 28, 2013
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 02:58 PM
This thread is amazing, you are all so supportive and real and I appreciate your honesty. It makes me feel better to know I'm struggling like a normal person and that it doesn't make me weak, just human! It takes the pressure off.

I'm having a tough time bouncing back from a big life change recently. New house, new job, new town...all resulting in different routines. Not that it's any kind of excuse for not taking care of myself. Those are just excuses!

I used to be so good about my diet and fitness and taking dance classes. I was even doing alright until a couple of months ago when I just fell apart and every day I tell myself "today's the day to get back on track" but...uhm...I have been saying that for days in a row.

I have this annoying tendency to flip flop my attitude. One day I think "oh, who cares about fitness, just be happy and be a good person on the inside!" and the next day I look and feel awful about my physical state.
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 03:20 PM
I'm hitting a bit of a wall, just sort of realizing how slow my progress is and how long I have to go. That's no excuse to not keep going though! I KNOW I can do this, and I want it, badly. I just need to be patient and stick it out. I think this might be a boredom with my routine in general, because honestly, I don't WANT to stop eating healthy or working out. So I need to look at other places in my life to switch things up and just keep on keeping on.

I made the chia seed pudding and blech, that was SO not for me. I think it's because I sweetened it with honey, and it just...blech blech blech. I MAY try it again, but I'm not counting on it. I'm glad you guys like it though, more for you. :P

Do you guys have any ideas for quick and simple dinners? I'm falling into a bit of an eating rut. Uusually dinner is some grilled chicken and brown rice with a vegetable, or egg whites or eggs (Depending on my fat intake for the day...) and turkey bacon (depending, again, on my fat intake and/or calories). I generally get home late after the gym and don't have much time or desire to cook, but I'm getting bored with these options.
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 03:30 PM
Have you ever made tabbouleh? I love it. Look up some recipes. Some recipes have you add a bunch of olive oil but I almost always reduce the amount from the recipe. I like to add cooked lentils to it because it adds fiber and protein.
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 03:34 PM
I've hit your same wall. I haven't been out running in three days, and while I have food I should be fixing, I haven't. I made the chickpeas yesterday, but yesterday was... a day. I'll talk more later. Sticking with it through the low points is my hardest thing ever and why I created this thread. Because normally when I get to this point, I just can't keep going. I find excuses. For instance I have no yogurt this morning and the thought flitted through my brain, "Just stop by Starbucks and get a protein plate and some coffee, it's no biggie." Except that I had Starbucks yesterday, because seriously guys, it was. a. day. And I realized I don't need that. So I tossed some extra frozen fruit in the blender, added extra ice, and some almond milk and am having a sorbet of sorts for breakfast. It's working and is healthier and more calorically mindful than the nearly 600 calories if I had followed through with my "I give up" inclination. So, I definitely feel you. I'll come back with some of the easy dinners I've made recently and about how long they take.
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 03:52 PM
Every night I eat a good healthy dinner and then I eat for the rest of the night. I don't know how to stop! I just snack, I'm not even hungry. I say that to myself, I say "you're not even hungry!" but I can't MAKE myself stop. People with willpower will not understand this. It's just, comforting, to eat something.

I'm ashamed of it. I can't focus on anything, not a book a movie. The only thing I can do is like, clean or something and that really annoys my hubby b/c he's like "why don't you chill out and sit down and stop doing all this pointless behavior?

I think it's nervous energy. But at the same time, I'm tired when I'm doing it. Ugh, what do I do?
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 08:53 AM
Edited by Nienna (142754) on 2013-01-30 09:12:39
^You can do it! I know life can get crazy and in the way, but I believe in you. Try to get out for just 10 minutes today, just walking. Just go for a 10 minute walk. To me, it's just enough excercise to lift my mood and remind me why I'm doing what I'm doing. sometimes I come back, lace up my running shoes and go for a short jog. I've always read try not to go more than 3 days without working out due (unless you're injured or sick, of course), and I find that it helps.

I'm proud of you for going for the smoothie. I almost went out to eat last night but instead came home and made scrambled eggs, half a light english muffin with one of those laughing cow light cheese spread on top (oh my gosh, they are so yummy!), and I'm proud of myself too. Baby steps are so much better than no steps.

Garnet_Juliet, it will take willpower to help stop that habit, but I do have some tips. Don't keep easily snack-able food that isn't healthy in the house. No chips, candy, nothing you can just reach your hand in and munch on. If you absolutely MUST, keep it on a high shelf, something that's difficult to reach. If you must snack, keep chopped vegetables in the house. I have tupperware of cucumber, peppers (when they're in season)

Another suggestion is do something with that nervous energy. Go for a walk, do yoga or pilates, organize something. I understand your anxiety, I really do, and when you first go to do it you'll probably feel silly and may even get down on yourself, but fight that feeling. You're doing something better for yourself and that should be rewarded with positive, reinforcing thoughts. You could also try journaling instead of reaching for food. I'm not a therapist, but I do know often people use food to help cope with their anxieties, so perhaps trying to figure out what those anxieties are could help?
re: Two Hundred Ninety-six (karma: 2)
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 05:34 PM
Regarding sticking with workouts, I seriously recommend getting a calendar and writing down what you are going to do every day (in pretty colors of course!) for the whole month, or even longer. I got a calendar for Christmas and wrote down my workouts for every day this whole entire semester (up until mid-May) and I'm going to do it for the summer too once I have a better idea of what my schedule will be. It look me a long time to do, but it's worth it because it makes everything seem sort of non-negotiable (of course if I'm sick or something I would take the day off).

I can't tell you how many times I've made myself a workout schedule and then not stuck with it, but for some reason the colorful calendar seems to have done the trick. I haven't skipped or cheated at all this entire month. I think the other important thing is that I never do more than I wrote down either. Better to want to exercise more the next day than to wear myself out one day and get too sore and burnt out.

And it's really varied! It includes running (long runs as well as interval runs where I do 1 minute jog 1 minute full out), elliptical, yoga, and a lot of different strength exercises, and 1 rest day a week.

And I saw a great quote the other day that I thought I'd share: "Don't get discouraged just because it's going to take a long time. The time will pass anyway."
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:03 PM
All right, here's what's going on. I've been a slow but steady decline since Saturday. I'm trying, but I feel like I'm grasping at straws. And what's worse, is I'm not doing that poorly, I just feel like I'm failing. It also could be that since I just started my period, my hormones and body is out of whack and I'm being way harder on myself than I need to be. Also, karma is playing it quick and bumpy lately. It gives me a quick suckerpunch and then goes, aw, honey you know no good deed is left unpunished, I mean, unrewarded, here let me help you up and then it smacks me upside the head with a frying pan it had behind it's back. Karma really is a you know what right now and she's acting like a bratty 2 year old. Anyway.

Here's my Sparkpeople guestimations on my caloric intake:
Saturday:
Breakfast:
Banana, fresh, 1 medium
Almond Milk, Blue Diamond Unsweetend
Greek Gods Greek Yogurt: Nonfat Plain (emove
HEB Dark Sweet Cherries, Frozen
Breakfast TOTALS: 362 68 5 15

Lunch:
Onion - Red/Purple - 15Cal/1/4-Cup
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), 3 cup
Celery, raw, 0.5 cup, diced
Kalamata Olive (single olive), 6 serving
Carrots, raw, 0.25 cup, chopped
Cabbage, red, fresh, 0.25 cup, chopped
Wishbone Red Wine Vinaigrette salad dressing, 4 tbsp
starbucks soy vanilla latte (16 oz), 1 serving
Lunch TOTALS: 1,385 237 23 48

Dinner:
Avacado (fresh) 1/2 medium, 2 serving
Tuna Fish with Egg, 1 serving (view recipe)
Central Market Veggie Chips, 1 oz
Dinner TOTALS: 760 29 59 35

Snack:
Cashew Nuts, raw (10g = 7 nuts), 10 gram(s)
Snack TOTALS: 58 2 5 2

CALORIES : 2565 (1200-1550); CARBS: 335 (135-252); FAT: 92 (27-60); PROTEIN: 100 (60-136)

Sunday:
Breakfast:
Banana, fresh, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
Almond Milk, Blue Diamond Unsweetend 1 cup, 1 serving
HEB Dark Sweet Cherries, Frozen, 0.5 cup
Greek Gods Greek Yogurt: Nonfat Plain (4oz (113g) = 1 serving), 8 oz

Lunch:
Trader Joe's Pita Chip Sea Salt, 3 serving
Red Pepper Spread w/ Eggplant & Garlic, Trader Joe's, 8 tbsp
Lunch TOTALS: 510 73 19 9

Dinner:
Canyon Foods Garlic Essence Vinaigrette & Marinade (1tbsp), 1 tbsp
Mrs. Cubbison's Onion & Garlic Resturant Style Croutons, 7 gram(s)
Asparagus, fresh, 10 spear, small (5" long or less)
Avacado (fresh) 1/2 medium, 0.25 serving
Bell Pepper - Red (1 oz), 1 serving
Cherry Tomatoes, Fresh, 1 Tomato, 4 serving
Corn - On the Cob (Full ear of corn), 0.5 serving
Cucumber (with peel), 0.25 cup slices
Lettuce, red leaf (salad), 0.25 cup shredded
Mashed Potatoes, 1 cup
Pork, fresh, loin, center rib (chops), boneless, separable lean only, cooked, braised, 6 oz (actually it was grilled)
Spinach, fresh, 0.25 cup
Tea, brewed, 64 fl oz
Dinner TOTALS: 752 72 28 58

Snack:
Hard Boiled Egg, 2 large
Snack TOTALS: 270 14 18 16

Dessert:
Cookies - Girl Scout Peanut Butter Patties (2 cookies), 5 serving (curse those girl scouts and curse my lack of self control!)

CALORIES: 2694 (1200-1550); CARBS 312 (135-252); FAT: 115 (27-60); PROTEIN: 108 (60-136)

Monday:
Breakfast:
HEB Dark Sweet Cherries, Frozen, 0.5 cup

Lunch:
Central Market Veggie Chips, 0.5 oz
Jimmy John's Beach Club (unwich, no mayo), 1 serving
Lunch TOTALS: 360 15 21 29

Dinner:
Dinner TOTALS: 0 0 0 0

Snack:
Central Market Organics Black Beans, 0.5 cup
Central Market Veggie Chips, 0.5 oz
Kind Plus Antioxidants Bar - Cranberry & Almond (1 bar), 1 serving
Apples-Fuji(Medium)- 1 apple, 1 serving
Sofrito (1C = 1serving), 0.66 serving (view recipe)
Snack TOTALS: 479 77 16 15

CALORIES: 1201 (1200-1550); CARBS: 160 (135-252); FAT: 42 (27-60); PROTEIN: 60 (60-136)

Tuesday was the day from hell. My car broke down, it got fixed, but the tailspin I've already been in sort of pushed me over the edge for yesterday.
Breakfast:
HEB Whole Strawberries (frozen), 236 gram(s)

See, my day started out great. I got up, made lunch, fixed my smoothie and was off and then Karma kicked my legs out from under me.

Starbucks Espresso (solo - 1oz shot), 4 oz
Heavy Whipping Cream, 0.25 cup, fluid (yields 2 cups whipped)
Starbuck's Flavored Syrups, One Pump, 4 serving
Breakfast TOTALS: 576 77 26 15

Lunch:

Southwest Chickpeas (Redo with Black Beans), 1 serving
Lunch TOTALS: 516 77 16 19

Dinner:

Dinner TOTALS: 0 0 0 0

Snack:
snack factory pretzel crisps, garlic parmesan, 1 serv 10 crisps, 1.5 serving
Apples-Fuji(Medium)- 1 apple, 1 serving
Snack TOTALS: 625 93 26 13

CALORIES: 1797 (1200-1550); CARBS: 267 (135-252); FAT: 68 (27-60) PROTEIN 47 (60-136)

Right now, I just want to throw in the towel and go get a big bar of chocolate and hide in a corner somewhere. But here's where I'm at for today. I have no idea what to do for dinner, whatever it is needs to be lean and high and in protein and something I have on hand. *sigh* This is obviously not the complete list for the day, but it's good enough. Sweets really aren't my problem, because though I'd love a chocolate bar right now and would be more than happy to a pound of it, I'd be even happier if you set me up with chips, salsa, and queso. :/ And to that end...
Today Breakfast, snack, and lunch:
Breakfast:
HEB Mixed Frozen Fruit mango strawberry papaya, 1 cup
HEB Whole Strawberries (frozen), 236 gram(s)
Breakfast TOTALS: 189 39 3 2

Lunch:
Central Market Veggie Chips, 2 oz
Southwest Chickpeas (Redo with Black Beans), 1 serving
Ana's Salsa (Medium) (2tbsp = 32g), 13 tbsp
Lunch TOTALS: 711 103 23 22

Dinner:
TBA

Snack:
Snack TOTALS: 190 19 12 4

CALORIES: 1090 (110 - 460 remaining); CARBS: 162 (0 - 90 remaining); FAT: 38 (0 - 22 remaining); PROTEIN: 28 (32 - 108 remaining)

I've got pork chops, broccoli, salad, eggs, and chicken (I think?) on hand to fix. any recommendation so I don't go grossly over my calorie et al range? I just feel down. I haven't run since Friday. I went back and checked. I am going to run tonight, but I think I may restart week 3 and do it again. It's just been a week. :( Oh, and B has been *dying* to go to a new Mexican food restaurant on Thursday so I'm going to have to be careful eating during the day because even if I think I'm choosing something less horrible for me, it will be higher in calories than I expect. Ahhhhh!
re: Two Hundred Ninety-six (karma: 2)
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:24 PM
^Awww honey, I'm sorry you're going through a rough spot. I know EXACTLY what you mean and I've definitely been where you are and probably will be there again.

I'm the Queen of being hard on myself, but one thing I do to refocus is to focus on what I AM doing, and not on what I'm NOT doing. You ARE journaling your food. That's really important. TONS of people don't do that, and I think it really helps with weight loss.

You ARE recognizing that this is a low point. It does not have to be the end of the road. You can regroup and refocus yourself.

Sparkpeople isn't necessarly the end all and be all. Sometimes, your body might want/need more than your limits. The limits are great guidelines and when possible, sticking to them will help you meet your goals. But a few days of being over your limit isn't going to derail you.

You've already lost weight. You're already closer to your goal. ANY time you're trying to reach a goal there will be hard points. Do you remember trying to get your first double pirouette, or flat grande jete when you were a student? I guess for all I know you came out of the womb dancing, but oh my god, entrechats almost made me quit ballet altogether. it's the same way. You had days in class where your legs didn't work, your head was fuzzy, and it was like you were a gangly monster creature who had never even heard of ballet. No goal worth achieving is smooth sailing all the way.

For dinner tonight, I'd recommend an omelette. I get lots of eggs because I generally have calorie/fat space for them and they cook up quick. Scramble up those eggs (or egg whites, to stay on the lower fat range), throw some of that broccoli in there, slap some salsa on the side, and remember why you're doing this. Put these bad days (many hugs to you!!!) behind you and move on to the next thing. You can't change what happened, but you can change how you react and push forward.

All my love to you!
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:46 PM
^What she said!

Also, go back through this thread and look at all the GOOD days you've had. So many more than the bad days! Just like a couple good days isn't going to make any magical good transformation (and don't we know it!) a couple bad days isn't going to make all your hard work go to waste.

Good luck and don't let this get to you! You've made a lot of progress so far and don't get discouraged. Everyone has ruts and off days :)
Page:
Page 5 of 101 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

ReplySendWatch