Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Page:
Page 6 of 101 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
re: Two Hundred Ninety-six
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 08:01 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2013-01-30 20:45:34
Thanks guys. This is why I love you all. I think the universe is playing some sort of twisted cosmic trick on me. All in all, I haven't gone totally off the deep end. Well, with the exception of Sunday. But I've kept it pretty much together for the most part. I'm just feeling negative because of life. Bleh.

I think I'm going to take your advice Nienna and have an omlette tonight. That sounds really good actually. Heh, I mentioned it to B and he was down for it too. Thank you everyone for continuing to post in here and help be a support for each other. I'm inspired and by you all, and it really is helping knowing I can come in here and lay it all out on the table (haha) and that you guys will give me the encouragement I need to not totally lose it. And on my good days, hopefully I can offer that same support in return. <3 <3 <3

ETA: I'm enjoying one poorly made omlette. I had enough calorie play that it has two eggs, 1/4c almond milk, two pieces of bacon (fat trimmed off), the rest of the grilled asparagus, and fresh spinach and topped it with salsa. Really tasty. :D
By celestia836 Comments: 2006, member since Tue Dec 02, 2003
On Thu Jan 31, 2013 08:39 AM
Your omelette sounds lovely! My 'omelettes' are actually just scrambled eggs with bits in, because I completely fail at making proper omelettes. Ah well; they still taste nice, even if they're not as pretty. :)

Just wanted to throw in a bit of support for you as you pick yourself back up (which, by the way, I am totally confident you can do!). To be honest, your 'bad' days that you listed really aren't that bad. The vast majority of your food was still really very nutritious, which is a huge accomplishment in itself! I think you deserve a 'well done' pat on the back, not a self-inflicted slap across the face.

A positivity thing that helps me treat myself more kindly than I normally am inclined to do is to ask myself how I would react to a good friend having those issues instead of me. It's usually a big eye-opener, and reminds me that perspective is a very, very easy thing to lose! :)

Anyway, for now I'm keeping my food/fitness details in my own diary since they often turn into diary-related ramblings, but I'm still reading this thread and will pop in whenever! You're all welcome in my diary, of course. :)
By Garnet_Juliet Comments: 134, member since Mon Jan 28, 2013
On Thu Jan 31, 2013 02:41 PM
Never give up. The day is not over, the week is not over, your life is not over. There is no end of the road. Every minute is another chance to make a good decision. So you ate five cookies? That's where you stopped. That's where you started again to eat healthy.

Remember to move. Just move. Just get up and feel your breath and know your body wants you to take care of it - like a child it doesn't always know what's good for it and it whines for harmful things. Your mind is the parent and has control over the base urges.

No matter how slow you're walking...remember, you're still lapping the people on the couch.
On Thu Jan 31, 2013 09:22 PM
Yesterday I was good. I ate my portion of dinner and for dessert I had a half cup of cottage cheese and a full graham cracker.

But then...midnight, I was dozing on the couch and trying to muster the fortitude to get up and go to bed when my husband, who is working on a graduate school research project, asked kindly for my help interpreting some poems. Ughhh. This would take a good half hour at least. I ate a bowl of raisin bran, a piece of bread with honey, and some chips and salsa as I tried to stay awake. Dangit! I went to bed with a full yucky tummy for no reason. I had trouble sleeping.

But today is a new day. Birthdays at work. Pumpkin cupcakes. I wanted one but I ate my salad first with no dressing and now I'm so full I don't even want one! Hurrah!!

Tomorrow is a friend's party. We're going to a restaurant, there will be cake and dessert following that. Must. Remain. In control!
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6776, member since Fri Oct 07, 2005
On Thu Jan 31, 2013 09:58 PM
I thought I would do a Sumayah and share my menu today

Breakfast:
1 packet Trader Joes Oatmeal Complete (plain)
1 packet Trader Joes Hearth Healthy (cranberry)
Plain coffee with one tablespoon fat free milk and one sugar packet

Lunch:
One serving Wheat Thins Garden Style
One Starkist 100 calorie tuna salad packet
One mini light babybel cheese

Snack:
Two tomatoes, raw with a sprinkling of salt
One energy ball

Mini dinner (pre gym):
One cup Trader Joes Organic plain low-fat yogurt
5 medium strawberries
One banana

Notes: Breakfast was TOO sugar/calorie heavy. Can't mix these two oatmeals anymore (one packet isn't generally enough, but these two were too much!)

Lunch was great. 270 calories and 21 grams of protein!

Might need to find something else that's protein heavy to have as mini-dinner, as yogurt is too caloric, as much as I do like it.
On Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:28 PM
with yogurt why not go fat-free? Fat free dairy is the only dairy I eat - except for cheese shreds and ice cream, when I eat those.
By celestia836 Comments: 2006, member since Tue Dec 02, 2003
On Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:39 PM
A couple of days I ago I made a salad that looked so intimidatingly healthy I was a bit scared to eat it. It actually turned out really well, so I thought I'd share it with all of you!

The recipe I based it off of is this one from SparkPeople, but as usual, I made lots of amendments to suit my whimsy/what I had on hand. Here's how I made it (all measurements very approximate!)

3 stalks celery, chopped
1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tsp olive oil
Seasonings to taste (I think I used sea salt, black pepper, mixed herbs, parsley, and garlic)
250g cooked quinoa - that might be 1.5-2 cups?
3/4 bunch green onions, chopped
handful dried cranberries
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/3 cup vinaigrette (I made mine with cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, wholegrain mustard, garlic powder, pepper and a dab of honey)

Put oil in large, deep frying pan and heat to medium/medium-high. Add celery and chickpeas. (I did this to mellow their flavours, but you can skip this step entirely and prepare it raw.) Add quinoa and seasonings; stir. Once celery is cooked to desired texture, remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly.

It can be eaten warm or cold, though I prefer it cold and thought it was definitely better after sitting for at least a day since the flavors had time to mix. The original recipe called for grated carrot, which I think would be lovely, but my shop didn't have any and I couldn't be bothered to grate my own that night. Also, I was a bit of a baby and probably used more vinaigrette than was necessary (but it did make it extra yummy!). Enjoy! :)
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6776, member since Fri Oct 07, 2005
On Fri Feb 01, 2013 02:48 PM
^That sounds delicious. I might try it with black beans. I wish I could make myself like chickpeas, but I just. I can't.

Garnet, I go for low-fat because believe it or not I sometimes find it hard to meet my fat intake for the day. :) I eat a lot of naturally low fat foods and generally get most of my fat from dinner. And I got plain yogurt this week to cut down on my sugars, but didn't want to get it fat free because I actually really don't like plain yogurt, so I wanted it to have a little bit of oomph to it.

Guys I'm hitting a motivational wall again. I'm only down a half pound this week and that nagging fear is back that I'll keep journaling and working out and NEVER get any fitter. I need to get over my anxieties and just try some of the classes at my gym, and up my strength training. I found a lot of great leg strengthening excercises that aren't weight bearing (I have chondromalacia patella in my right knee so squats and lunges are out until I can get that healed, they REALLY irritate my knee), so I should do those. I already lift weights and do ab work..

Ugh. Nienna. It took you months to pack this weight on and it's going to take you months to lose it again. You're still on track with how much weight you should be losing per week. Everything will be fine.
On Fri Feb 01, 2013 08:24 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2013-02-01 08:24:55
And don't forget that sometimes when the weight loss slows or plateaus, it's the body's way of adjusting. I've also noticed during those periods that I may lose inches and my body changes shape even though I'm not losing pounds. Think of it this way, you're working out so some of the fat loss is replaced by muscle gain - you might lose a pound of fat but gain a pound of muscle, and since muscle is denser, you look slimmer even though the scale is infuriatingly the same.

Keep it up.

djchara wrote:

And I saw a great quote the other day that I thought I'd share: "Don't get discouraged just because it's going to take a long time. The time will pass anyway."

I mean, it's true - the time will pass by whether you're working out and eating healthy, so why not just stick to it and let the time pass pass and the results speak for themselves. I'm an instant gratification kind of girl, and weight loss is definitely not instant gratification. It's constant. hard. work. But the longer we stick with it, the easier it gets. We've got this.

I've noticed that I'm not as interested in sweets. Which is good. Bread I really don't eat much of anyway, and I really don't miss or need in my life. I'm considering getting a bread maker so I can make bread I want that is nutritious, but honestly bread is meh to me now. Now salty snacks... there's my Achilles heel. Oh how I would love some salty snacks - chips, crackers, etc. I think I need to buy some good quality popcorn and let that replace my salty cravings, because it's low calorie and you can eat a lot of it (relatively speaking).

Yesterday was a bust. I guess I didn't have to worry about the Mexican restaurant after all.
Spoiler: Show
Breakfast:
Kind Plus Antioxidants Bar - Cranberry & Almond (1 bar), 1 serving
Breakfast TOTALS: 190 19 12 4

Lunch:
Southwest Chickpeas (Redo with Black Beans), 0.5 serving (view recipe)
Lunch TOTALS: 193 32 5 8

Dinner:
Dinner TOTALS: 0 0 0 0

Snack:
Starbucks Espresso (solo - 1oz shot), 4 oz
HEB Artisan Aged White Cheddar Cheese, 0.75 oz
Half and Half Cream, 0.5 cup
Starbuck's Flavored Syrups, One Pump, 4 serving
Snack TOTALS: 340 30 21 9

CALORIES: 723 (1200-1550); CARBS: 81 (135-252); FAT: 37 (27-60); PROTEIN: 21 (60-136)

Yeah. well. Today is another day right? Here's what I'm planning on:
Breakfast:
Banana, fresh, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long
Almond Milk, Blue Diamond Unsweetend 1 cup, 1 serving
HEB Whole Strawberries (frozen), 236 gram(s)
Greek Gods Greek Yogurt: Nonfat Plain (4oz (113g) = 1 serving), 8 oz
Breakfast TOTALS: 351 71 4 14

Lunch:
Southwest Chickpeas (Redo with Black Beans), 1 serving
Lunch TOTALS: 386 64 9 16

Dinner:
Chicken Breast (cooked), no skin, 0.5 breast, bone and skin removed
Green Beans (snap), 1 cup
Mashed Potatoes, 1 cup
Dinner TOTALS: 338 45 4 33

Snack:
Fuji Apple (1 apple), 1 serving
Gruyere Cheese by Emmi from Switzerland, 1.5 oz
Snack TOTALS: 450 19 26 16

CALORIES: 1525 (1200-1550); CARBS: 199 (135-252); FAT: 43 (27-60); PROTEIN: 79 (60-136)

Much better right? Yes.

Just remember, “Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Fri Feb 01, 2013 07:07 PM

FYI: Just because a product is labeled ‘fat-free’ or ‘lowfat’ doesn't mean it’s healthier or even lower in calorie. In fact, most lowfat or fat-free foods will have sugar and chemicals to make up for the loss in taste. Your body needs healthy fat to keep cell walls strong, absorb vitamins and regulate hormones. With yogurt you have about 8g of fat in full fat yogurt and 4g in no fat, but then you have artificial sweeteners which are worse in my opinion.

NEW RECIPE:

I used a packaged of edamame from Trader Joes, frozen corn, about 3 or 4 tomatoes, one can black olives, one can black beans, 4 green onion, minced red onions, and the dressing is 5 T red wine vinegar, 3 T Lt olive oil, 1 t sugar, 3/4 t salt, 1 t minced garlic (I skipped the sugar. Chop all, mix dressing, boil edamame for 3 minutes, add corn for 1 minute, then drain. Mix all together in a bowl and add one small pkg feta cheese. Chill and enjoy.

My progress this week has been slow. I ate decent (not great), and didn't workout very much, or very hard. My feet are acting up (from tap dancing), and I've been babying them a lot. Which is a great excuse not to go to the gym. There is plenty I could do if I would just go. I am going to yoga tomorrow.
On Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 AM
I want junk food. Actually I don't want to cook so the drive-thru sounds good. Focus Suma, chicken doesn't take long...
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sat Feb 02, 2013 01:45 AM
Come on girlie...45 minutes for a meal that is going to taste better than any drive through, keep you full longer, and more importantly make your body run a lot better tomorrow. You can do it.

And I'm making baked ziti tonight because my son is sooooo sick and that is what he wants. Luckily I've been really good today.
On Sat Feb 02, 2013 01:48 AM
I've got the rub on the chicken... now I just need to find the motivation to start the grill and deal with the green beans. At least I have some (healthy-ish) mashed potatoes ready made. At least I made it home fast food free. It doesn't change that I sort of just want to grab a kind bar and call it a night. :/ Okies, grilled chicken with green beans and mashed 'taters. I'll post a pic when it's done. ;)
On Fri Feb 01, 2013 07:37 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2013-02-01 19:48:39 What's "taters" precious?
Done. And I'm having a glass of wine, because well, I can darn it! A nice Moscato. The picture makes me laugh because Cosmo is staring so intently, willing me to just drop my plate, lol!

ETA: I made these potatoes on Sunday, 4 potatoes, peeled and boiled. I mashed them with 2tbsp of butter for flavor, probably 1/4 - 1/3C of plain fat-free Greek yogurt and a dash of almond milk (to make them light) with a little fresh rosemary and fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt. So yes, they have butter, but the yogurt adds a little protein and tartness that compliments the rosemary. My friends raved about the 'taters and they're not quite so bad for you. So that's what I meant by "healthy-ish" mashed potatoes.
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 967, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:11 PM
Blah, not the best last 2 days. I don't count calories or anything, but I know I ate too much (wasn't stopping when I was full) and too many treats. But yesterday I went to the grocery store which should help because now I have lots of yummy things that taste good and are good for me, so I won't feel like I need to "treat myself" with unhealthy food.

Today has been much better! Better food, and I did 5 miles on the treadmill this morning (didn't feel like running outside in the cold) in under 50 minutes. And although I could feel the fact that I hadn't been eating the best, it was still a good run and got the day off to a better start.

Also, Hershey's unsweetened cocoa is like...the best thing ever. 1 tablespoon has only 10 calories and it has antioxidants and as much fiber as a piece of the 100% whole wheat bread I normally eat! And it makes everything taste like chocolate! What's not to love?

This morning for breakfast I had greek yogurt with honey and cocoa and flax seeds and frozen strawberries--super healthy and tastes like total dessert for breakfast. The cocoa is also so good in oatmeal or mixed with peanut butter and a little honey or basically in everything. Yay for chocolate haha.
On Mon Feb 04, 2013 01:45 PM
I'm proud of you ladies! The hard moments are what make you or break you, and I think we are all showing some major motivation here.

I feel better at the start of this week then I did at the end of this week. I went out to eat twice this weekend and made healthy decisions both times. I made a bunch of turkey meatballs for the next few days. I have my gym bag and Monday is my "easy" day at the gym, to sort of ease myself into my tougher workouts. Light strength training, 45 minutes on the recline bike reading. Can't wait. :D

Time for my oatmeal!
On Mon Feb 04, 2013 04:59 PM
Sorry for the second post, my other one is too old to edit.

Guys I made this Spicy Low Fat Turkey Meatballs recipe last night and it's really good! It calls for about 1.5 pounds of ground turkey but I used 2 and adapted everything accordingly. I went light on the spices because Craig has stomach problems, especially with acidy foods, so mine came out a little bland, but I heat them up with a half cup of spaghetti sauce and they're quite good! Very filling, low-cal and tasty. Craig ate them with barbeque sauce and also proclaimed them a success. My 2 pounds made about 40 tablespoon size meatballs.
On Mon Feb 04, 2013 06:40 PM
Saturday started well and then it strayed. Sunday stayed surprisingly on target mostly despite my trying to sabotage myself. By that I mean we had pizza. But instead of having PIZZAOMNOMNOMNOMNGORGEUGHSOFULLLL I had two slices and that was all I wanted. I admit I eyed a third piece initially, but I listened to my body and realized I was full and pushed that other piece aside. Obviously, greasy pizza on a regular basis is bad, but once every few months? I'm not going to stress it. I also didn't eat a whole lot else that day, my calories weren't exactly good calories, but they weren't crazy obscene diet what diet? calories either. But since it was a Super Bowl weekend, I suspect that I'm probably not alone in the extras here and there.

Today I have this mapped out though, plus a run.
Breakfast:
Banana, fresh, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
HEB Mixed Frozen Fruit mango strawberry papaya, 0.75 cup
Breakfast TOTALS: 319 62 4 15

Lunch:
Lunch TOTALS: 176 8 3 29

Dinner:
Broccoli, cooked, 1 cup, chopped
Generic - Grilled Pork Chop, 4 oz, 1 serving
Avocado (fresh) 1/2 medium, 1 serving
Bell Pepper - Red (1 oz), 1 serving
Canyon Foods Garlic Essence Vinaigrette & Marinade (1tbsp), 1 tbsp
Cucumber (with peel), 0.5 cup slices
Spinach, fresh, 1 cup
Lettuce, red leaf (salad
Cherry Tomatoes, Fresh, 1 Tomato, 4 serving
Mrs. Cubbison's Onion & Garlic Resturant Style Croutons, 7 gram(s)
Dinner TOTALS: 435 34 23 32

Snack:
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
Cheddar Cheese, 1 oz
Hard Boiled Egg, 1 large
Apples-Fuji(Medium)- 1 apple, 1 serving
Snack TOTALS: 455 59 15 22

CALORIES: 1385 (1200-1550); CARBS: 163 (135-252); FAT: 45 (27-60); PROTEIN: 98 (60-136)

Trying some skim milk in my coffee - the almond milk just, it's just not the same. So I'm going to give the skim a try instead of half and half. Won't be as creamy, but hey.
On Mon Feb 04, 2013 07:40 PM
Has anyone read about cayenne pepper and other spices helping to speed up your metabolism? Well, I have. I've also heard of cayenne pepper cleanses but I had forgotten about them until...a couple of days ago I made myself a very low-sugar mug of hot cocoa spiced with a lot of cayenne pepper and cinnamon. I put in too much pepper and it burned my lips! I couldn't finish the cup I only drank about half. Then I remembered about cayenne cleanses and now I know why.

At least, I'm pretty sure that was what did it. Hoo boy! Be careful around that cayenne pepper!
On Tue Feb 05, 2013 08:26 PM
I made a great salad on Sunday. It is loaded with fiber and protein but very low in fat and calories.

1 cup lentils cooked until softened
1 cup bulgur wheat softened

-chilled both of those before tossing in:

1 minced carrot
1 minced cucumber
1 diced tomato
1/4 c minced red onion
1/4 c lemon juice
1/4 cup minced parsley
mini can chopped black olives, drained and rinsed.
1 tbsp dried mint
1 tbsp dried dill
dash of ground black pepper

I mixed all this together and let chill overnight in the fridge, then adjusted the seasonings as necessary. (I added more lemon juice, parsley, dill and mint but that's my preference)
On Thu Feb 07, 2013 05:19 PM
^that sounds yummy!

Down another 2 pounds! I needed that boost. I'm up to 8 pounds lost. 23 to go! The pants I'm wearing today are a little looser too, which is great.

Anxiety has made it hard to eat lately though, which stinks. I'm just trying to keep myself mindlessly munching on whatever's nearby. The week I only lost a half pound I had a bad couple of days where I basically had to cram all of my calories into dinner, and I don't think my body likes that.

I've also come around to craving gym time. I've been anxious lately, and it helps so much. I'm not going today because of a social obligation after work and I'm all jitters. I may do some strength work when I get home.
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 967, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Thu Feb 07, 2013 06:40 PM
I love when you start craving the exercise!! Today when I was running, there's a couple places on my run that have the little light to tell you when to cross the street and instead of hoping the light would be red and I'd get a little break, I found myself hoping it would let me keep running! I know that's a small thing but that's the first time that's happened and I feel like my runs are getting easier even though I run longer every week and it just makes me happy :)

Food-wise I've been not the best, not the worst. I've gotten into a bad habit of getting sweet cereal for dessert at the dining hall and although I guess it could be worse, it's still more sugar than I need to be eating :P
On Thu Feb 07, 2013 02:03 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2013-02-07 14:07:36 my spoiler spoiled!
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2013-02-08 00:10:35 corrected my dinner for today
I feel like I've been MIA from this thread and it's only been a few days. Here's the Sparkpeople recap! Okay, Monday didn't pan out as I had intended so I'll start there:

Monday:
Breakfast:
HEB Mixed Frozen Fruit mango strawberry papaya, 0.75 cup
Breakfast TOTALS: 319 62 4 15

Lunch:
Lunch TOTALS: 177 8 3 29

Dinner:
Avocado (fresh)
Merlot BellaVitano Cheese, 1 oz
Moscato Wine, 6 oz
Dinner TOTALS: 573 15 33 12

Snack:
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup
Apples-Fuji(Medium)- 1 apple
Hard Boiled Egg, 1 large
Cheddar Cheese, 1 oz
Snack TOTALS: 455 59 15 22

CALORIES: 1523 (1200-1550); CARBS: 144 (135-252); FAT: 54 (27-60); PROTEIN: 78 (60-136)

I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that I ended up not having the dinner I was supposed to have; I ate cheese, an avocado and had wine. That had more calories than if I had had the grilled pork chop, broccoli and salad. Good to know.

Tuesday:
Breakfast:
Brewed Coffee, Black, 20 oz
Hard Boiled Egg, 1 large
HEB All Natural Almond Milk: Chocolate (1c = 1 serving), 0.5 cup
Breakfast TOTALS: 257 41 7 8

Lunch:
Southwest Chickpeas (Redo with Black Beans), 1 serving (view recipe)
Lunch TOTALS: 386 64 9 16

Dinner:
Asparagus, fresh, 20 spear, medium
Dinner TOTALS: 204 15 6 30

Snack:
Half and Half Cream, 0.5 cup
Apples-Fuji(Medium)- 1 apple
Hard Boiled Egg, 1 large
HEB Artisan Aged White Cheddar Cheese, 1 oz
Snack TOTALS: 525 53 28 17

CALORIES: 1371 (1200-1550); CARBS: 173 (135-252); FAT: 51 (27-60); PROTEIN: 71 (60-136)

Not bad, not bad. I've decided that almond milk in home brewed coffee I'm down with, but if I'm getting Starbucks (the way I like my espresso) it's gotta be half and half.

Wednesday:
Breakfast:
HEB All Natural Almond Milk: Chocolate (1c = 1 serving), 2 cup
Breakfast TOTALS: 349 72 7 3

Lunch:
Avocados, California (Haas), 1 fruit without skin and seeds
Lunch TOTALS: 419 15 32 26

Dinner:
Ana's Salsa (Medium) (2tbsp = 32g), 2 tbsp
Egg, fresh, 2 large
Spinach, fresh, 1 cup
Lilly Fat Free Sour Cream, 1 tbsp
Dinner TOTALS: 170 4 10 15

Snack:
Starbuck's White Chocolate Mocha - Grande (2% milk, no whipped cream), 1 serving 400 61 11 15
HOLY CALORIES BATMAN!!!
Snack TOTALS: 590 80 23 19

CALORIES: 1527 (1200-1550); CARBS: 171 (135-252); FAT: 71 (27-60); PROTEIN: 64 (60-136)

Um yeah. So my usual shots, pumps and half and half aren't that bad when compared with a proper Starbucks drink. In my defense, I didn't order that. My assistant for my baby class who is this sweet, home-schooled teen brought it to me. She knows I like coffee and since they were stopping anyway and were going to be running a bit late, she brought me one. I KNOW! But when I got home and looked at the nutrition info. Oh my goodness. It had no whipped cream which was good, and I'm assuming it was 2% since that's the default. But jeepers. I'll stick with my espresso from here on out, definitely.

Today (updated):
Breakfast:
Almond Milk, Blue Diamond Unsweetend 1 cup
HEB Mixed Frozen Fruit mango strawberry papaya, 1 cup
Medaglia D'oro Instant Espresso Coffee, 1 tsp
PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter (2Tbsp = 1 Serving) Bell Plantation, 2 tbsp
Sorbee Sugar Free Eat Rite Be Fit Chocolate Flavored Syrup, 2 tbsp
Truvia Natural Sweetener, 1 serving
Breakfast TOTALS: 395 78 5 20

Lunch:
Sausage & Shrimp Red Pepper Tomato Soup, 1 serving
Lunch TOTALS: 356 28 13 33

Dinner:
Cherry Tomatoes, Fresh, 1 Tomato, 3 serving
Broccoli, cooked, 0.5 cup, chopped
Lettuce, red leaf (salad), 1 cup shredded
Mrs. Cubbison's Onion & Garlic Resturant Style Croutons, 7 gram(s)
Spinach, fresh, 0.25 cup
Moscato Wine, 4 oz
Ancient Harvest Quinoa 1/4 cup dry = 3/4 cup cooked, 0.5 cup
Lucini Bold Parmesan and Garlic Vinaigrette, 1 tbsp
Dinner TOTALS: 517 35 15 30

Snack:
Starbucks Frappuccino Coffee Drink - bottle, 13.7 oz
Snack TOTALS: 280 51 5 0

CALORIES: 1549 (1200-1550); CARBS: 192 (135-252); FAT 37 (27-60); PROTEIN: 84 (60-136)

The soup I made was really nice - filling and high in protein since I seem to have the most trouble with that. That's also why I added the PB2 to my smoothie this morning. I think I'm going to back off the frozen fruit for a week (mostly because I forgot to buy more at the grocery store), just do some chocolate peanut butter banana smoothies for breakfast. I did get more apples that I plan on eating. Or maybe I'll fix more quinoa and have that and some hard boiled eggs for breakfast... hmmm. That might happen.

Here's the soup recipe. I just sort of tossed stuff in there:
1 jar Cookwell & Company Red Pepper & Tomato All Natural Soup
1 package (5 links) Bilinski's Sun-dried Tomato All Natural Chicken Sausage
1 C Earthly Delights Organic Premium 100% Whole Grain Quinoa (uncooked)
1 C White Mountain Bulgarian Yogurt (Nonfat)
1 lb Shrimp, cooked
1 tsp Truvia Natural Sweetener

Prepare 1 cup of quinoa according to package directions (mine listed 2C of water per 1 C of quinoa) and cook til done.

Cut sausage into discs and warm in pot with the cooked shrimp. Add soup, yogurt and sweetener.

Once quinoa is fully cooked, add to soup and serve.

Serving Size: Makes 6 two cup servings
Nutrition per 2 cups:
Calories 356.2
Total Fat 13.0 g
Saturated Fat 3.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 215.6 mg
Sodium 1,079.9 mg
Potassium 146.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 33.5 g
Vitamin A 37.5 %
Vitamin B-12 19.9 %
Vitamin B-6 5.1 %
Vitamin C 46.3 %
Vitamin D 4.2 %
Vitamin E 2.0 %
Calcium 11.6 %
Copper 7.8 %
Folate 0.8 %
Iron 30.1 %
Magnesium 6.8 %
Manganese 1.4 %
Niacin 10.4 %
Pantothenic Acid 2.7 %
Phosphorus 11.0 %
Riboflavin 1.5 %
Selenium 45.4 %
Thiamin 1.7 %
Zinc 8.4 %
On Sat Feb 09, 2013 04:06 AM
Daily update:
Breakfast:
Almond Coconut Original Unsweetened Milk (1 serving = 1 C), 0.5 cup
Ancient Harvest Quinoa 1/4 cup dry = 3/4 cup cooked, 0.75 cup
Honey, raw, 1 tbsp
Cranberries, 0.25 cup, whole
Breakfast TOTALS: 275 54 5 7

Lunch:
Sausage & Shrimp Red Pepper Tomato Soup, 1 serving

Dinner:
HEB Naturally Hickory Smoked Premium Thick Cut Bacon (2 Pan Fried Slices = 1 serving), 1 serving
Maple Syrup, 0.3 tbsp
Egg, fresh, 2 large
Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp
Dinner TOTALS: 417 5 34 21

Snack:
Grana Padano cheese, Della Bona brand, 0.75 oz
Brewed Coffee, Black, 20 oz
HEB All Natural Almond Milk: Chocolate (1c = 1 serving), 0.5 cup
Snack TOTALS: 240 36 8 9

Dessert:
Sugar Cookies, 1 oz 137 19 7 1 Remove
Dessert TOTALS: 137 19 7 1

CALORIES:1426 (1200-1550); CARBS 142 (135-252); FAT: 66 (27-60); PROTEIN: 70 (60-136)

:D
On Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:42 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2013-02-10 12:05:36 Holy run-on sentence Batman!
Yesterday. :/ So I was supposed to have the rest of the pork chop, broccoli and quinoa for dinner but I mistakenly grabbed the container with only broccoli. So last night we ended up getting Chinese food and it was delicious(although I was starving by that point some boiled shoe leather probably would have been equally delicious). However I way overate and today I feel bloated and uncomfortable... and today is a friend's birthday so we're going out to eat tonight. Ugh. So I'm going to drink a boatload of water today, and I think I'll have some yogurt, flax and fruit for lunch. I feel nauseated to boot. Curse you overeating! (Note to self, remember this feeling the next time you think, oh I just want a little more even though I'm full.)

Yesterday:
Breakfast:
Medaglia D'oro Instant Espresso Coffee, 1 tsp
PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter (2Tbsp = 1 Serving) Bell Plantation, 2 tbsp
Sorbee Sugar Free Eat Rite Be Fit Chocolate Flavored Syrup, 2 tbsp
Almond Coconut Original Unsweetened Milk (1 serving = 1 C), 1 cup
Breakfast TOTALS: 334 61 6 19

Lunch:
Sausage & Shrimp Red Pepper Tomato Soup, 1 serving (view recipe)

Dinner:
Chinese Sticky Rice-- cooked, 1 cup
Egg Rolls, Vegetable, Take Out, 3 oz
Restaurant Style Beef and Broccoli, 1 serving
Dinner TOTALS: 670 78 25 30

Snack:
Starbucks Coffee Frappuccino Coffee Drink - Coffee Flavor 13.7oz bottle, 13.7 oz
Grana Padano cheese, Della Bona brand, 0.75 oz
Snack TOTALS: 651 97 22 21

CALORIES: 2011 (1200-1550); CARBS: 264 (135-252); FAT 66 (27-60); PROTEIN: 103 (60-136)

Bleh. So far I've had a Kind bar and some coffee with almond milk this morning. Once my stomach settles a bit I'll have yogurt. The pro-biotic aspect should help immensely. I mean I should probably just eat the yogurt now and it would probably solve the upset stomach issue, but urgh, I don't know that I can keep it down right now. However, the upset stomach and general malaise might also be directly related to the sinus gunk I woke up with. Sinus trouble always makes me nauseated and feel like scraped off burnt toast. Since I'm not feel 100%, I think I'll order carefully tonight wherever we end up eating (if we end up where I think we will, I think some Pho will be good choice) and in the meantime, I'll try not to throw up. Gross. Sorry. Maybe I should have spoilered that whole paragraph... :/

Okay, enough doom and gloom. On to the good news. My size 14 jeans aren't giving me a muffin top now. They sit nicely on my hips without indenting at all. My size 12 Gap shorts go on and button. They however give me a small muffin top and fit like paint all the way down the down 3/4's of my thigh. So I've got another 10 pounds at least before those will be remotely acceptable. But hey, they go on and button fairly easily! 40-43ish pounds to go before August (my weight is fluctuating up and down this week like whoa).
Page:
Page 6 of 101 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

ReplySendWatch