Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Helping to build her confidence!!
By phildaisy
On Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:07 AM

I have a four year old that loves to dance non stop but she lacks confidence. She has done two comps already and has only been dancing four months she came 5th and then 7th at second comp she is a great little dancer but doesn't perform her best due to confidence. Any tips or advice that may help us please.

Many thanks
Phillipa and Jaynicee
x

4 Replies to Helping to build her confidence!!

re: Helping to build her confidence!!
By Keeks120807
On Fri Nov 23, 2012 01:31 AM
Hi! I have a 5 year old who also lacks her usual confidence wen shes competing or even in lessons sometimes! I just give her lots of praise when she really goes it,wether she makes a mistake or not).would love to see what replies you get from ppl. :) chloe n keeks xx
By Jessie54
On Fri Nov 23, 2012 07:43 AM
It always amazes me when all these little ones get up and perform in front of hundreds of people - I could never have done it! Not unusual that they get a bit shy really.
I would suggest the same as above, lots of cheering when she's on the floor and lots of praise after she has danced, maybe practice her poses and smiling at the judge.
On the whole, I think confidence comes with time, a few more comps and she'll be more used to it and able to relax a bit more and dance xxx
By LaurenWard
On Fri Nov 23, 2012 01:58 PM
Ever since I was little, I have been told to sing as loud as I can in a car or small room to someone (eg mum.) this helps build confidence and has definitely helped me!! xxx

Good luck with your little one!!
Love Lauren :D
By phildaisy
On Mon Nov 26, 2012 09:14 AM
Thanks for your advice guys

ReplySendWatch