Forum: General / Jazz / Lyrical

Help with choeregraphing a lyrical trio?
By jessianne13x
On Fri Dec 07, 2012 09:43 PM

We have an assignment in lyrical class to choreograph a dance. I got paired with two beginner dancers. Our song is Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, and I'm really in need of some creative moves to add into the dance. How can we make the routine interesting and creative? Thanks!

3 Replies to Help with choeregraphing a lyrical trio?

re: Help with choeregraphing a lyrical trio?
By dancer7210
On Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:41 PM
Is there any "cool" tricks they can do?
By bethannedancer05
On Sat Feb 02, 2013 09:49 PM
Floor calypso, walkovers, tilt jumps, acro stunts (minor ones) , a bunch of different kinds of pirouettes (posse, pencil, ice skater, coupe( , a la second into a front attitude into more seconds then a jump turn? you can make up a lot of pretty and creative turn combos (:
By DaDancingPsych
On Mon Feb 04, 2013 05:16 PM
I see that this is an older post, but for anyone else looking for similar advice...

I think good choreography is less dependent on the virtuosity of the performers (ie. whether they can do fancy turns and leaps) and more so on the choreographic elements that you bring to the table. Don't always have the dancers moving in unison. Make use of different timings (like cannons/ripples), different levels, different movement dynamics, different facing, ect. That's what makes a dance exciting to watch.

ReplySendWatch