By katefarquharson
On Sat Dec 08, 2012 09:08 PM

Haven't tried either... opinions...?

6 Replies to Capezio K360's vs Bloch Jason Samuel Smith's

re: Capezio K360's vs Bloch Jason Samuel Smith's
By martyCTT
On Sun Dec 09, 2012 07:18 AM
k360 = most superior instrument available
Blochs = cheap, durable, heavy "training shoes". Wear them for a few months then switch back to your k's and you'll feel like a whole new tap dancer :)
By unitedtaps
On Sun Dec 09, 2012 09:25 PM
I bought a pair of Jason Samuels Smith (JSS) tap shoes about four or five months ago. Prior to that I have been using my K360s.

I mostly agree with MartyCTT. In my opinion the JSS is both more comfortable and more sturdy. So far they are holding up better than my K360s. My K360s always tear from toe stands. Once torn there is no real repair. I end up having to tape them. And yes I could buy a new pair but they are expensive to replace every 6 months to a year.

The downside of the JSS is weight. It is a heavy shoe no doubt. I think this is part of the reason MartyCTT said wear the JSS then switch to the K360 and you'll feel great. The lightness of the K360 is indeed an advantage.

Best of luck choosing!

Rod
By katefarquharson
On Mon Dec 10, 2012 02:03 PM
hmmmm I am torn! I'm in london so I'm gona pop into Bloch and Capezio this week hopefully.

Are the JSS really that heavy? I have little feet (size 4!!!) I don't know wether that would make a difference though...

I'm not really tapping that much at the moment so they won't wear out super quick I guess.

But you guys think the k360's are the way to go?

And in regards to comfort, is there a way of make the k360's more comfy?

thanks!!!
By imadanseurPremium member
On Mon Dec 10, 2012 05:19 PM
My last pair of K360's were so poorly made. When the manufacturing largely went to Mexico (I think??) the quality really suffered. I hate Bloch taps, and I didn't like the feel of the JSS when I tried them on. In general I have a wide metatarsal so Capezio shoes tend to fit me better, but I'm not sure I'd ever get another pair of K360's. I didn't think the JSS is heavier than the Miller and Ben shoes I've had in the past.

I am currently thinking about Just Tap (which custom makes shoes), or Miller and Ben tap shoes.
By unitedtaps
On Mon Dec 17, 2012 07:47 AM
I agree that the K360's are lacking in the quality department. As for the weight difference - I don't think it is going to make or break your tapping, but if you either do a lot of tapping at faster speeds or are generally sensitive to the shoes you wear, I personally think you'll notice a difference. I don't have a sensitive enough scale to accurately weigh the shoes but I feel like the JSS are about 15% or so heavier and that's comparing them to K360's with a built up sole (and the JSS have a cut down heel because it was too high for my tastes).

Some inserts would probably make the K360's more comfortable. I think trying each pair on will greatly help you make a decision.

Rod
By katefarquharson
On Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:58 AM
I've decided to go for the Capezio K540. They are discontinuing the k360 and replacing with the k540 which are pretty much the same but have already been built up. They are completely out of stock everywhere in the UK! but I have managed to track some down in France so they should come in time for christmas!

I tried to try on the JSS at the Bloch store in London, but they don't stock womens sizes but I did have a look at the display one and I was definitely leaning more towards capezio.

So hopefully I've made the right choice! Either way I'm sure they will be great :)

ReplySendWatch