Forum: Ballet / Pas De Deux

Pas De Deux
Troubles with the fish dive
By Joezy Comments: 22, member since Sun Apr 17, 2011
On Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:37 PM

Yesterday, we started to learn the fish dive. It seemed quite easy when I my classmates were doing it, untill it was my turn. When I had to let go my second leg, I start to slip away from the boy's knee. I'm quite tall (6 feet)and have long legs, while the boy (we only have one in class, so I couldn't try it with another one) is rather small. Does that have to do anything with the slippingproblem? How can I avoid it?
Thanks in forward!

8 Replies to Troubles with the fish dive

re: Troubles with the fish dive
By RosePremium member Comments: 9216, member since Sat Dec 30, 2006
On Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 AM
Maybe it's the fabric of your leo and/or the fabric of his tights?
re: Troubles with the fish dive (karma: 1)
By SparrowCatPremium member Comments: 289, member since Sun Jun 03, 2012
On Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 PM
Totally unrelated (good luck with your fish dives) but I had to comment..

I read your post as "troubles with the dish five".. and I was wondering what was wrong with your 5th course :P

Oh dear. Dyslexic brain at its best today!
On Mon Dec 10, 2012 05:22 PM
@Rose: The other girl have the same leo, so that's not the problem. Thanks anyway!

@SparrowCat: Haha, I know those days... ;)
By teenydanseur Comments: 513, member since Mon Nov 23, 2009
On Mon Dec 10, 2012 07:07 PM
its probably a height issue, you really have to lock in kind of like a puzzle piece, so there are probably some things to adjust, is your back leg hooked around his back? it probably has something to do with you needing to be high up, is there someone else you can try the dive with to see if its still a problem?
On Mon Dec 10, 2012 07:22 PM
I'll try to pay attention to the hooking of the leg next time, I'll let you know the result!
Nope, unfortunately we only have one boy in our dance school and the girls are to scared to let me fall. Perhaps, I should ask my dad to practice! :P
By teenydanseur Comments: 513, member since Mon Nov 23, 2009
On Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 PM
lol I was going to suggest your dad, or maybe a taller teacher, or a guy friend! I'm told fish dives are not too difficult for men to do (as far as it being a worry they don't have experience), but an actual guy would have to confirm that :D
On Sat Dec 15, 2012 01:35 PM
It worked today *yeey*! There is still a lot that needs to be better, but at least I didn't fall! ;)
Thanks for your advice!
By swebbsy Comments: 5, member since Sat Feb 09, 2013
On Mon Feb 11, 2013 07:11 AM
Thats great it worked i cant wait to start my pas classes (just started pinte so not for a while yet) good luck with further pas movements

ReplySendWatch