Forum: Irish / Irish - Teachers and Assistants

Schools in Cork, Ireland??
By eimearnor
On Tue Dec 18, 2012 01:37 AM
Edited by eimearnor (247346) on 2012-12-18 01:44:46 found additional information

Hey!
So, I'm a southern US dancer right now and I'm studying abroad in Ireland next semester- leaving in two weeks from today in fact! I'm going to Cork city- UCC- and I would LOVE to keep dancing. My TC is totally cool with me taking classes somewhere for a semester but she doesn't really know anyone in Cork to talk to. I have tried to contact the Kiely-Walsh school as I know of them, but I have not heard back, and I am worried Miah Walsh is an ADCRG, which would give my school an association that I would really like to avoid if at all possible.
So my questions:
1. Does anyone know of ANY schools in the cork city area (CLRG)?
2. Does anyone know the kiely-walsh school/how best to contact them? ( I have emailed, but to no avail- will try calling tomorrow as I have found a number)
3. Does anyone know for sure if there is/isn't an ADCRG at the Kiely-Walsh school?
Thank you all so much- any help is greatly appreciated!!

EDIT:
I found another school that seems to just have TCRGs, the J&S academy of Irish dance
www.irishdancingcork.com . . .
does anyone know anything about this school? It seems perfect for what I need, but I have never heard of them. Thanks!

2 Replies to Schools in Cork, Ireland??

re: Schools in Cork, Ireland??
By lilylonglegs
On Wed Dec 19, 2012 06:41 AM
Hi, both Miah and Maria Kiely Walsh are adjudicators. I suggest you call them, they are lovely people.
Good luck!
re: Schools in Cork, Ireland??
By E111Premium member
On Wed Dec 19, 2012 07:41 AM
Definitely try to phone them,really nice people.They used to have hobby classes classes in Douglas and some more in Carrigaline. It is not directly in the centre, but Cork is small and you can easily get around with buses.good luck and enjoy your stay in Ireland

ReplySendWatch