Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

WANTED: Shoes/Tights/Leotards/Costumes, etc.! (karma: 1)
By blaise11Premium member
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:31 AM
Locked by blaise11 (123128) on 2013-09-11 12:04:03 Reposting with what I'm looking for this year- haven't been getting any replies because my post is so old.

Hi, I'm a teacher at a charter school in Michigan, where I have also started a dance team after school. Most of my students live in the city of Detroit, and nearly all of them live under the poverty level and qualify for free lunch at school. They love being on the dance team because they would never have the opportunity to dance at a studio due to financial and transportation issues. I am now facing a problem acquiring supplies for them because their parents do not have the money to pay for them themselves.

I am beginning my search for shoes, tights, and costumes for the dance team so that we can have a recital at the end of the school year. PLEASE let me know if you have any new or used dance shoes, tights, leotards, etc.! While I am ideally looking for donations, I would be willing to pay for these things if the price is right.

Condition doesn't matter, as long as the items aren't literally falling apart or anything.

In addition, if you happen to have at least 10 of the same dance costume, let me know and we can figure out a price.

Thanks in advance for your help!

13 Replies to WANTED: Shoes/Tights/Leotards/Costumes, etc.!

re: WANTED: Shoes/Tights/Leotards/Costumes, etc.!
By Skater_en_Pointe
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 AM
I have mountains of old gear, please pm me.
By craftarina
On Tue Jan 01, 2013 06:24 PM
Edited by craftarina (249073) on 2013-01-01 18:26:52
By craftarina
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 01:25 AM
Hello I think have a some pairs of old tights that I cant were because I wore them as a child. Is you team made of young girls or what type of age sizing do you need? And pink or nude I have a few of both.
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 01:25 AM
What ages are your students? I might have some stuff but they would be for taller kids - teens.
By craftarina
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 01:29 AM
Also I am selling these tights and some not used cheap point shoes if you want negotiate those.

www.dance.net . . .
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 04:42 AM
My students are ages 8-12, but some of my 12-year-olds are as big as me (size adult small/medium), so really supplies for any age are needed!
By guyclone
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 05:06 AM
Do you need any guys dance stuff?
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 05:08 AM
I'll PM you, but I actually do have two boys on the team!
By Verena
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 08:07 AM
I have a couple of leos I don't use and a rehearsal skirt. I can also send you a pair of used but not dead Sansha Ovations - street size 36, European.

PM me, please. I will be more than happy to help. Where are you located? I'll have to ask at the post about the delivery cost from Eastern Europe!
By JigEnPointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 02:42 PM
PM me the name and address of the charter school, please; I have a cousin in the Detroit area who has been dancing for years (she's now a teen or pre-teen), so she and/or her mom might be looking to get rid of a few things. If you're comfortable, I also have a lot of friends who are or used to be dancers--most or all in MI--and I could make a FB status with the school's name and address, and say that the donations are welcome. Additionally, I have a few small things that I need to get rid of (2 leos and I think a skirt; I'll look through my dance box) that I can mail you. Mail to the USA is cheap from here, thank goodness! :)
By JigEnPointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 02, 2013 03:03 PM
Alright, I looked and I have two black leos, a dark blue leo, and a pretty, shiny, dark red mirella leo, all that either don't fit or I don't use anymore. I have two pairs of capezio, suntan-colored tights. I think both are body tights, but I might be mistaken. One has the feet cut off. Both were used only once or twice. I have a pastel green and pink short class skirt, a pair of hardly-used pointe shoe covers, and a freshly-washed pair of flat, pink, canvas ballet slippers. They're a little worn out in the big toes, but could get through a few performances. :)

Please let me know if there's anything there, specifically, that you do not need; otherwise, you get it all. ;) (I figure that, even if you don't have students en pointe now, 12 is an age to start, and if you eventually get to that, someone might be interested in the covers, to keep shoes looking nice. If not, no problem. :) )
By Astridnannerl
On Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:24 PM
Do you need pointe shoes? I have many new or nearly new pairs (mostly size 6- 6.5 -7 US size).
On Wed Jan 23, 2013 09:54 PM
Pointe shoes are just about the only thing I DON'T need, haha.

Thanks so much for offering though! I just don't really expect these kids to ever go en pointe. I hope you find somewhere worthwhile to donate them to :)

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed