Forum: Arts / Crafts & Hobbies

Crafts & Hobbies
Strong fabric glue
By eilishdancer12 Comments: 41, member since Sun Jun 24, 2012
On Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:37 AM

Hi im looking for a strong glue as i need to stone a costume,would anyone have some or advise me of the best type and where i could get some?
Thanks xxx

4 Replies to Strong fabric glue

re: Strong fabric glue
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Mon Jan 07, 2013 03:14 AM
I have a bunch that would be good for you. When I contacted someone on here about some stones who has since been a TOS violator, he told me that in the US there is better glue for stones then in England. That's where he was from.

I rubber stamp on clothing. I also like to add embellishments like sequins, beads, rhinestones, etc. I knew I had to have a strong glue that wouldn't wash out the first time someone threw it in the washer (everything I make is machine washable & dry-able). I sell them at craft fairs and when my sister can do it, she will take photos of what I make and we will put them on Etsy. I have 3 kinds of glue. I will explain all of them and then you take your pick. Good luck!

Aleene's Jewel-It Embellishing Glue. Holds jewels permanently through repeated washings.

Aleene's OK To Wash It. Bonds ribbons, trims, appliques and more to fabric.

Aleene's Flexable Stretchable Fabric Glue. Ideal for embellishing costumes, t-shirts, dancewear, knits and repairing stretch fabrics.
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Mon Jan 07, 2013 03:17 AM
I have a bunch that would be good for you. When I contacted someone on here about some stones who has since been a TOS violator, he told me that in the US there is better glue for stones then in England. That's where he was from.

I rubber stamp on clothing. I also like to add embellishments like sequins, beads, rhinestones, etc. I knew I had to have a strong glue that wouldn't wash out the first time someone threw it in the washer (everything I make is machine washable & dry-able). I sell them at craft fairs and when my sister can do it, she will take photos of what I make and we will put them on Etsy. I have 3 kinds of glue. I will explain all of them and then you take your pick. Good luck!

Aleene's Jewel-It Embellishing Glue. Holds jewels permanently through repeated washings.

Aleene's OK To Wash It. Bonds ribbons, trims, appliques and more to fabric.

Aleene's Flexable Stretchable Fabric Glue. Ideal for embellishing costumes, t-shirts, dancewear, knits and repairing stretch fabrics.
By TuniePremium member Comments: 1995, member since Mon Aug 08, 2005
On Mon Jan 07, 2013 03:54 AM
E6000 or GemTac.

Comment #10056923 deleted
Removed by Tunie (138112) on 2013-01-06 21:13:24 double post

ReplySendWatch