Forum: Advice / Modeling & Pageantry

Modeling & Pageantry
Look for my granddaughter in bridal magazines
By Dream_chaserPremium member Comments: 25854, member since Thu Jul 26, 2001
On Sun Jan 06, 2013 04:43 PM

This is my granddaughter at a photo shoot for Alfred Angelo Disney Blossoms flower girl collection 2013. She loved the dresses so much, she cried (3rd photo) when she had to take off her favorite dress.

2 Replies to Look for my granddaughter in bridal magazines

re: Look for my granddaughter in bridal magazines
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Sun Jan 06, 2013 05:07 PM
Being a child model requires a great deal of maturity and patience, usually far beyond a kids' years. I never really did this kind of photography (I did model portfolios for teens and older people) but I read a book on it by a noted children's fashion and advertising photographer as to just how brutal it can be. One tantrum and it's "bye-bye" (and that was just referring to the "stage" mommies, LOL!)

Of course as a wedding photographer I did a lot of flower girls and Jr. bridesmaids and ring bearers who were in the wedding parties.

Jon
re: Look for my granddaughter in bridal magazines
By Dream_chaserPremium member Comments: 25854, member since Thu Jul 26, 2001
On Sun Jan 06, 2013 06:09 PM
Jon, so far, in all of the jobs she has done, the photographers are very patient with the little ones. I have seen some meltdowns, with kids, and they realize that they are kids. I have run into one or two, who are not, but most are.

Kids and pets.... lol

She loves to model. Her biggest problem is that she likes to do her own poses so I have to remind her, before a job, that she has to do as they say. One job they said, "Show us YOUR poses," which was a mistake, in my eyes, as she only wanted to do them. LOL But they laughed and got her on track. She was only 3, then.

ReplySendWatch