Forum: Adults / Baby - Photos

Baby - Photos
Pictures of Gavin (karma: 1)
By leap2livemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2308, member since Wed Feb 09, 2005
On Tue Jan 15, 2013 02:08 PM

So, this is Baby Gavin! I never knew it was possible to love something or someone so small, so much! I gave birth to him on the 4th. The contractions came on very very quickly and within an hour they were just 2 minutes apart. I got to the hospital and went from 5 cm to 10 in 40 minutes. It all happened incredibly fast. Thank god for pain meds! After ten pushes (I wanted him OUT!!), Baby Gavin was born.

Gavin is still in the NICU. Due to pain medications I was required to take during pregnancy, we knew he'd be in NICU for at least 3 days of observation. Unfortunately, he is having pretty bad withdrawals, and today marks day 11 :( We live an hour away, so each morning we drive there, spend 12 hours, and drive back. Sleep and do it again. Van, my fiance and Gavin's dad, and I are both physically and emotionally drained. The doctors are always saying 'Just a couple more days.' But when those days are up, it's 'just a few more.' Gavin is not in any danger, but he is very fussy and irritated, and the doctors want him more stable before sending him home. The staff is wonderful and I wouldn't want him anywhere else. However, it's still so hard to leave him there and I cry every time. We just want our son home.

We are enjoying our time with him though. My parents have been great, my mom drives us to the hospital every day. The pictures above are of my mom, Van and myself. We are so in love with this little guy! Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers as this is quite a difficult time for all of us.

15 Replies to Pictures of Gavin

re: Pictures of Gavin
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Tue Jan 15, 2013 02:23 PM
I'm really sorry they're not allowing him home yet :( I guess it's better that he have a few more days now though, rather than you having to bring him back in. He certainly doesn't look poorly which is great!

I lolled aloud in the office when I saw his little face in the picture with Van - it's like he's thinking "omg who are you?!" Your mom looks like the doting nana, I'm sure she'll be amazing and a big help.

And of course: You look bloody amazing for being a new mom. The strain surely isn't showing on your face, you clearly light up when you see him :)

Big nawwww going on here :)
By PogMoGilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3157, member since Tue Apr 24, 2007
On Tue Jan 15, 2013 03:53 PM
I'm sorry that he's in the NICU and hope that you get to bring him home soon. Here is a little silver lining though- since you are home, and he is getting excellent care, make sure you are taking every advantage to sleep and recover yourself.

While I love the idea of keeping baby with you as much as possible, which is what hospitals do now (unless like your bub they need more nursing care), it means that you get very little time to sleep in large blocks, which is what you personally need to heal.

I hope that all continues well, and your family is together again soon.
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Tue Jan 15, 2013 04:01 PM
My youngest brother spent 4 months in the NICU, so I understand (to a small extent) what you're dealing with. My mom did pretty much the same thing, and then the whole family would go after dinner to visit for a few hours.

I hope he's sent home soon! He's absolutely beautiful!
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Thu Jan 17, 2013 08:58 PM
Great photos! He's gorgeous, and while I laughed at the one witn Van, I love the shot of him sleeping on your shoulder - precious!

I'm so sorry to hear he's still in NICU. I hope you can bring Gavin home soon.
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:12 AM
I hope he gets to come home, soon. It's so hard to have them in NICU. :(

kk~
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6776, member since Fri Oct 07, 2005
On Fri Jan 18, 2013 01:55 AM
He is so beautiful, and so are you! I wish Gavin a speedy recovery and I hope he's home with you soon!
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7921, member since Thu Mar 31, 2005
On Fri Jan 18, 2013 02:05 PM
Having a baby in the NICU will make you cry when you have to leave them! I also agree with you getting as much sleep as possible while you still can.

Gavin is a gorgeous kid and I LOVE his name, it's one of my favorites:-)!
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Fri Jan 18, 2013 04:47 PM
He's beautiful! It's so hard when they have to stay in the NICU. My nephew was born 12 weeks early and spent 10 weeks there. It was awfully hard on my sister. Our family took turns bringing her there every day. NICUs are amazing places. Today my nephew, who weighed just 2 lbs at birth, is a happy, healthy, athletic kid. I agree with the other posters; try to catch up on your sleep before he is discharged. I hope you are able to bring him home very soon.
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7113, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Sat Jan 19, 2013 01:43 AM
He is so beautiful!

I'm sorry to hear that you don't get to take him home just yet. That must be really hard. I will definitely keep praying for you.

I have to say, though, you look so good. I'm just a little bit jealous of how amazing you look so soon after having had a baby :)
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:20 PM
So first I do a little Happy dance because he is my Birthday buddy! (Mine is the 4th too!)

So yay yay yay!

But boo hiss about the NICU stay. :( Hope he is able to come home soon. *big hugs*
By leap2livemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2308, member since Wed Feb 09, 2005
On Sat Jan 26, 2013 01:49 PM
Edited by leap2live (122018) on 2013-01-26 13:51:36
Edited by leap2live (122018) on 2013-01-26 13:51:56
You are all SO sweet! Thank you for the kind words and encouragement!!

Gavin is 3 weeks and 1 day old and is still in the NICU :( However, he has been off the medicine for 72 hours and any symptoms he has seem to be controlled by Tylenol and cuddling. So we are very optimistic that he will be home soon! He are the latest pictures!

By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:54 PM
That's wonderful news that he's off the medicine and his symptoms can be controlled much more easily. I hope this means you can bring Gavin home soon!

He totally has your smile in that last photo (and in #2 he's all "Nobody cuddles my Mommy but me!")

Sending lots of positive vibes your way :)
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Sun Jan 27, 2013 05:08 AM
Best wishes for your son and you. NICU's do terrific work. Nearly 47 years ago my wife also had to leave the hospital without our son, but he did well shortly there after.

I had to chuckle though, because today there are two successive DDN postings....yours' referring to your son Gavin, and the posting just above it, totally unrelated, also refers to Gavin...in this case the name of a famous designer of Irish dance dresses. Consider the odds.

Jon
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Sun Jan 27, 2013 05:14 AM
Omg you are a mommy now, sending good vibes to you and Gavin! Just wanted to say that your baby is adorable but I am even more impressed by how AMAZING you look after giving birth.

I absolutely love the photo of him smiling, that belongs in a frame for sure!
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2426, member since Tue Feb 20, 2007
On Sat Mar 09, 2013 06:16 PM
Aww, he's so adorable! Especially in the photo with daddy. :)

ReplySendWatch