Forum: Arts / Artwork

Artwork
Please vote for Watercolour paintings in Peoples Choice awards.
By Charissesmummember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7797, member since Wed Feb 18, 2004
On Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 AM

Hi guys

I was wondering if its not too much hassle, that I could please ask for you to vote for my mums paintings.
She is 69 years old and suffers from a lot of illnesses mainly arthritis in her hands. It would mean the world to her if she won the art competition in the peoples choice awards.
if u have time could you vote for them on eacartawards.org.uk
You have to register with a valid email address then confirm your email address by clicking the link they send you..then look for 'Janette Morier' in the artists filter (its in alphabetical order by surname so scroll down to M) and her 2 paintings above will come up 'Lazy days' and 'Strawberry tower' shes doing really well but has slipped back into 3rd place. If you could take a few minutes and vote I`d really appreciate it. thank you :) x

9 Replies to Please vote for Watercolour paintings in Peoples Choice awards.

re: Please vote for Watercolour paintings in Peoples Choice awards.
By Gavrilushka Comments: 872, member since Wed Jul 11, 2012
On Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:57 PM
VOTED! I do watercolour paintings too and they can be very difficult! Basically you work backwards, starting really light and building up. And when mistakes happen nothing can be salvaged!
These paintings are fabulous. :)
By Charissesmummember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7797, member since Wed Feb 18, 2004
On Fri Jan 18, 2013 02:46 PM
Hi

Thank you so much :) The voting closes 31st January and currently in 3rd place. My mum is housebound and paints every day with watercolour paints, she loves it and would love to try and win some competitions or try sell them but she thinks shes too old for all that now. She used to use oil paints previously.

Thanks for your reply and vote x :)
On Fri Jan 25, 2013 02:49 PM
hey guys voting finishes next Friday 31st January :) Thanks for those that so kindly voted.

If anyone wants to vote its eacartawards.org.uk

You have to register with a valid email address then confirm your email address by clicking the link they send you..then look for 'Janette Morier' in the artists filter (its in alphabetical order by surname so scroll down to M) and her 2 paintings will come up 'lazy days' and 'strawberry tower' shes doing really well but has slipped back into 3rd place. If you could take a few mins to vote you have a choice to vote them into 1st 2nd or 3rd I`d really appreciate it if u could spare a few mins. thanks love Jen xx
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Fri Jan 25, 2013 09:21 AM
Edited by hummingbird (128773) on 2013-01-25 09:38:25
Your mum is a very talented lady!

My Aunt does watercolours, it's fascinating to watch her whilst she paints, I would never have the patience myself.

I just voted for her too.

I found the Strawberry Tower on page 17 and once you've registered and clicked the link on the email then you'll see that Lazy Day (the picture of the tiger) is at the top of the page in third place.
On Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:27 PM
Thank you hummingbird for the kid words and for voting I really appreciate it.

I would never have the patience either. My Mum and uncle paint and have a very artistic family in many other ways. :)

Please keep voting people until 31st January.

Thank you

Jennifer x
On Thu Jan 31, 2013 08:50 PM
Thanks again to all you lovely dancenetters for voting my mums paintings. :) She is currently in first place :D with the leopard painting Lazy Day.
The competition ends at midnight tonight (UK time) currently 20.50 in Scotland so few more hours to go.

:)
By Gavrilushka Comments: 872, member since Wed Jul 11, 2012
On Fri Feb 01, 2013 06:41 AM
:O Did she win? :D
On Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:23 PM
yes she won the peoples choice award :) so happy for her as shes over the moon.

Thank you so much for voting :D

xx
By sailfrosty Comments: 21, member since Sun Nov 20, 2011
On Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:08 PM
I'm so glad your Mom won! I went and voted but then forgot to take the time to post here. Glad it paid off.

ReplySendWatch