Forum: General / Modern / Modern Dance - General

NEEED help! Got to choreograph a duet or solo for my GCSE exam but cannot think of a theme?
By cloeedance
On Thu Jan 24, 2013 02:08 AM
Moved to Modern Dance - General by hummingbird (128773) on 2013-01-24 08:29:11 For a contemporary dance this is more the forum you need. In the US this style is known as Modern.

i need orignal ideas as i need to choreograph a group, solo or duet dance but i cant think of a theme..
The style of dance needed to be used is contemporary
i also need music with or without lyrics..
any ideas will be a massive help
ThankYouu!xoxo

2 Replies to NEEED help! Got to choreograph a duet or solo for my GCSE exam but cannot think of a theme?

re: NEEED help! Got to choreograph a duet or solo for my GCSE exam but cannot think of a theme?
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Feb 19, 2013 09:13 PM
I used a poem about an oil spill for my GCSE dance starting point, picking out different words and creating dance motifs about them. but most people in my class used paintings.

Paintings are quite good because you can just google for some and pick anything that catches your eye, you can look at the picture for shapes and find ways to make the same shape with your body.

A friend of mine used a Jackson pollock painting www.google.co.uk . . .
She made her dance about how the painting was done, replicating the flicking, dripping, and dragging motions with her body.

You can use anything you can see, I helped a friend a little with her choreography which was based on Salvador Dali's melting clocks.
www.google.co.uk . . .|1;d|hsDXtiMqngntVM:

We used melting motifs as well as ticking clocks and the heat of the desert, even the ants on the back of the pocket watch.

Make sure you pick a really strong idea, don't do anything too wishy washy, dances about the sea or the sky and rainbows don't score well.

It's been a long while since I did my GCSE but if you need any help please ask and I suspect it's been long enough for you to re-use the ideas I've mentioned.

BB
re: NEEED help! Got to choreograph a duet or solo for my GCSE exam but cannot think of a theme?
By cloeedance
On Sun Feb 24, 2013 09:54 AM
Okay, thankyouuu...

Well ill have a look and its really helped me thanks again:) xoxoxxoxo

ReplySendWatch