Forum: Highland / Highland Photos - Members

Highland Photos - Members
New Aboynes for Christmas!
By Deesquaredmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 153, member since Fri Apr 20, 2012
On Sat Jan 26, 2013 05:30 AM

A big thank you goes out to all the DDN members who helped me along the way, as I made these Aboynes for my girls.
I was very excited to see their reaction on Christmas morning, and it was worth the hours of cutting, sewing, and pressing.

The tartans are Dress Green Erskine and Dress Blue Erskine, and the velvets are from Tartantown.
I have shortened Emma's skirt since the Christmas picture, but not Izzy's as she is not competing in Nationals quite yet.

The second picture was taken at a special school event, where some parents put together a Cape Breton Kitchen Party for Multicultural Day at school. So much fun!
The girls also did the fling at school today for Robbie Burns day, and they have a competition tomorrow, so it's been a week full of dancing!

Dianna

5 Replies to New Aboynes for Christmas!

re: New Aboynes for Christmas!
By DaisysDad Comments: 122, member since Mon Apr 23, 2012
On Sat Jan 26, 2013 08:38 AM
Great job, I like the thin gold/silver braid detail. Good luck and have fun at the competition.
By booverly Comments: 1980, member since Fri Jul 02, 2004
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 04:37 AM
Wow.
Nice job! Your girls looked thrilled!
Such lovely simplicity in the colours. They make a pretty picture.
By cheriatra Comments: 20, member since Tue Mar 12, 2013
On Tue Mar 26, 2013 04:19 AM
I think you did a super job - they look awesome - and very happy!
By sew_what Comments: 113, member since Mon Mar 18, 2013
On Tue Apr 09, 2013 02:38 AM
Very lucky and happy girls. You did a great job. I always stick with petals, because the first time I tried to make one the peplum and I did not get along very well. You seem to have had no trouble and they are beautiful.
By Jennifer11 Comments: 163, member since Mon May 28, 2007
On Fri Apr 12, 2013 09:43 AM
Wow! A fantastic job! You put the tartan to very good use!
Happy dancing !!!

ReplySendWatch