Forum: Arts / Artwork

Artwork
I've recently taken up sketching (karma: 1)
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Fri Feb 01, 2013 09:44 PM
Edited by Heart (21721) on 2013-02-01 21:56:11

And by recently, I literally mean "in the last two weeks."

Apparently, I had a hidden talent. It's such fun, and I can't believe how good these are turning out.

I want to apologize for the ballerina's face, it was a really freaking difficult angle and that was the best I could do.

These are all from references, either in the drawing books I'm using (in the case of the flowers, the man, and the fruit) or an actual photo (the dancer) or Van Gogh's Skull with a Cigarette.

EDIT - I have no idea what settings I should set my scanner to to upload these. If anyone has any advice about that, I'm all ears.

4 Replies to I've recently taken up sketching

re: I've recently taken up sketching
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Sat Feb 02, 2013 05:14 AM
Very nice.

Thanks for sharing these with us. I'm just a little bit jealous of your hidden talent ;)

Keep On Dancing*
By sailfrosty Comments: 21, member since Sun Nov 20, 2011
On Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 PM
I think you did a great job with the skull and cigarette and it kind of really speaks to the viewer.

Thanks for sharing!
By balletgirl4ever Comments: 535, member since Tue Jul 31, 2012
On Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 PM
Wow these are really good! Keep it up because you definitely have a talent for it! The tulip is gorgeous it actually looks real!
By Alassin_Sanemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 266, member since Tue Dec 28, 2010
On Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:52 AM
Nice, I like them! My favourites are the skull and the still life.

Looking forward to seeing more in the future. :)

ReplySendWatch