Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Competitions

Jazz - Competitions
More Convention Questions...
By BalletGirl98 Comments: 96, member since Wed Sep 14, 2011
On Sat Feb 16, 2013 07:08 AM

I am attending Jump Dance Convention in almost a week! I am nervous but I am really excited because even though I know I won't be the best, I will learn so much and become a better dancer from it! Anyway, I have a few questions regarding attire, classes, etc ...

I have already seen my schedule online and ballet is my first class. I was thinking of wearing a black leotard with pink tights and a pair of plain black dance shorts over it, but my next class is almost immediately afterwards. Do you have time to change between classes? Also, are yoga pants acceptable to wear to class?

In terms of the classes, which were the hardest? Do you have any tips? Also, do you have to go to every class? I don't take a lot of tap or hip hop so I really don't feel comfortable doing those classes.

I am really sorry I am full of so many questions! Lol, this is my first convention so I am a bit nervous. Also, if you have any other tips or advice for me that would be awesome.Thanks!

2 Replies to More Convention Questions...

re: More Convention Questions...
By ooglybooglymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 67, member since Fri Jun 24, 2011
On Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:41 PM
At most conventions you can pretty wear whatever you want as long as you can move in it. I was recently at NYCDA and almost everyone wore socks for ballet. You won't have time to change in between classes. So find an outfit you like and stick to it. I would probably wear something like a sports bra and shorts or a leo, if you wear a leo you can put a little ballet skirt on over it for ballet. Bring sweatpants for hip hop and put them on over whatever you're wearing. Conventions aren't really like normal classes so its usually pretty casual dance wear. As for the classes and teachers, I can't say because I've never been to Jump. Look at the faculty on their website and youtube their classes just give you an idea of what its gonna be like. You'll be great! Just work hard, don't talk on while the other groups go, try your best and HAVE FUN! Conventions are awesome. You'll have a great time.
re: More Convention Questions...
By dancinbabii16 Comments: 23, member since Thu Mar 14, 2013
On Wed Apr 10, 2013 02:12 PM
Honestly everyone just wears what ever they want. Do not wear anything showy like a ridiculous amount of rhinestones or sparkles. Stick to solid colors and something that shows off your lines but is a appropriate for every style you are going to take classes in. Sweatpants are a must for hip hop and i recommend wearing socks for every class other than hip hop. I go to a lot of conventions and usually there is no time to change in between

ReplySendWatch