Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

101 simple recipes in 10 minutes or less (karma: 1)
By teenydanseur
On Mon Feb 25, 2013 09:50 AM
Edited by teenydanseur (218249) on 2013-02-25 09:51:33

I initially posted this as a reply to a question by another member, and have been meaning to post it as a regular post for awhile now and just ran across it today :)
www.nytimes.com . . .

I actually printed this out and keep it on my fridge when I'm stuck on what to cook for a Saturday lunch or a weekday dinner. (Mostly) cheap and healthy.

Here are a some of my favorites from the list:

-While pasta cooks, combine a couple cups chopped tomatoes, a teaspoon or more minced garlic, olive oil and 20 to 30 basil leaves. Toss with pasta, salt, pepper and Parmesan.

-WorldÂ’s leading sandwich: prosciutto, tomato, butter or olive oil and a baguette.

-The New York supper: Bagels, cream cheese, smoked salmon. Serve with tomatoes, watercress or arugula, and sliced red onion or shallot.

-Upscale tuna salad: good canned tuna (packed in olive oil), capers, dill or parsley, lemon juice but no mayo. Use to stuff a tomato or two.

-Raita to the rescue: Broil any fish. Serve with a sauce of drained yogurt mixed with chopped cucumber, minced onion and cayenne.

-Brown bratwursts with cut-up apples. Serve with coleslaw.

1 Replies to 101 simple recipes in 10 minutes or less

re: 101 simple recipes in 10 minutes or less
By bread
On Mon Feb 25, 2013 09:13 PM
Hello!
I love the pasta one!Personally I would omit the cheese,but it sounds simple and delicious all the same.

Thank you for posting this

ReplySendWatch