Forum: General / Tap / Tap

Shrinking shoes
By KaydeeJayde
On Thu Feb 28, 2013 05:09 AM

Hey there!

So I posted a little while ago about ordering some Miller and Bens, which I did, and they're beautiful, only between the time I ordered them and when I got them, I lost a bit of weight, and my feet are significantly less chubby now, and the shoes, where they would have been perfect, are a bit loose. I was wondering if it's possible to have them shrunk (shrunken?) at all? I don't want to do it myself, because they're gorgeous shoes and I'd hate to mess with them and completely botch it, but will a bootmaker do it for me? Are they even able to? If not, what are my options?

Thank you guys :D

3 Replies to Shrinking shoes

re: Shrinking shoes
By Alassin_Sanemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 28, 2013 02:56 PM
I have no personal experience with this, so I had a quick Google and found this.

www.wikihow.com . . .

Looking at the options it gives, I personally would go with the first one, and take them to a cobbler. The DIY method given isn't something I would want to risk with a brand new pair of Miller and Ben tap shoes!!!

Hope that helps a bit, hopefully someone else has actually been in your situation and can give first-hand information.
By KaydeeJayde
On Sat Mar 02, 2013 04:26 PM
Thank you for your help, Alassin_Sane! And thank you for the google search. I think I'm going to have to take them to a cobbler, I'm not risking my M&B's, especially not when they're brand new. I guess I'll report back here how they turn out! :D
By Alassin_Sanemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:34 AM
Not a problem, I do agree it's definitely best to have them looked at by a professional.

Let us know how you get on, I would love to see a photo of the shoes! :)

ReplySendWatch