Forum: Arts / Religion

Religion
Service and Hymn Ideas for Church Wedding
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Sat Mar 09, 2013 04:02 PM

Hi Guys

As many of you will know the big day is booked for the 19th October this year and we are currently looking at sorting out our service.

I currently attend our Church which is CoE in the Catholic tradition but Martin doesn't attend.

Our Priest Fr. Julian has basically said anything goes except swearing and making him dress up - pretty liberal huh?!

So we are wanting something quite traditional but also a little different and we are stuck on readings/prayers and hymns so if anyone has any ideas please send forth!

We are open to all ideas, translations from other languages & religions, traditional/modern. We really don't mind but we really want something to make our day unique and special.

1 Replies to Service and Hymn Ideas for Church Wedding

re: Service and Hymn Ideas for Church Wedding
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Sat Mar 09, 2013 04:15 PM
Wow must be nice to have such freedom. They gave us a book of readings to pick from and most no joke were all about the woman submitting to the man. How about a big fat no.

Let me look around and see what I can find. I know that hubby friend had some nice readings/poetry at her wedding.

ReplySendWatch