Forum: General / Tap / Tap Dance Videos

Tap Dance Videos
Check out these awesome tappers!
By SoClassy Comments: 316, member since Mon Dec 03, 2012
On Sat Mar 09, 2013 05:52 PM

While ballet is my main form of dance, it's so awesome to see the tap posts on here. The first month or so I was on here the tap board was definitely collecting a few cobwebs. This world needs more tappers!!

So here's a treat for all you awesome people who can dance with metal on your feet:

www.youtube.com . . .

Lol anyone need a challenge?

7 Replies to Check out these awesome tappers!

re: Check out these awesome tappers!
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sat Mar 09, 2013 07:02 PM
Many tappers have said this is the single best tap dance ever filmed! I would have to agree. I met Fayard Nicholas at a tap convention in L.A. and he told me this was done in one take. He was a marvelous man!
By tappingitout Comments: 223, member since Thu Oct 16, 2008
On Sun Mar 10, 2013 06:57 AM
Love this film. I had the pleasure of taking from Fayard at Sole to Soul in Austin when I was 14. Life changing experience for sure - and was still tapping away in his 80s. An inspiration!
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sun Mar 10, 2013 03:35 PM
He brought his granddaughter to help teach us a dance "Lucky Numbers" though I can't remember what movie that was in. I still remember lots of it.

What is interesting is that all of the dances they did in films, they never taught when they were guest teachers. Weird eh? I wish I would have asked Fayard about that during the Q&A section of the class.
By SoClassy Comments: 316, member since Mon Dec 03, 2012
On Sun Mar 10, 2013 06:06 PM
One take? That's impressive! (of course, even if it had taken fifteen times, it would still be impressive)

What a wonderful opportunity it would be to meet him! I may be slightly jealous right now :P
By balletgirl4ever Comments: 535, member since Tue Jul 31, 2012
On Sun Mar 10, 2013 06:18 PM
Wow I can't believe they did that all in one take! Its fantastic!!
re: Check out these awesome tappers! (karma: 1)
By KaydeeJayde Comments: 190, member since Thu Jul 21, 2011
On Tue Mar 12, 2013 09:41 AM
One take?! That is super impressive! They are incredible! I think I've watched it over about 10 times now, it's amazing. DEFINITELY inspiring, makes me want to put on my tap shoes and practise 'til my feet fall off :D (In the best possible way, of course!)
By Clare111 Comments: 42, member since Tue Mar 12, 2013
On Thu Mar 14, 2013 02:01 PM
That was fantastic. Made me wAnt to dance, dance, dance.....

ReplySendWatch