Forum: Arts / Crafts & Hobbies

thinking of selling my crochet items
By brackengirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 AM

So I've recently (in the last 6 months) gotten really into crochet. currently I'm making some baby items for people and it got me thinking that selling them could really be a good idea. As a college student, I could really use another source of income! So, I decided to open a store on Etsy, but before I do I'm trying to think of what prices are fair. For now I will be selling only these booties and headbands. The booties take 4+ hours for me to make and the headbands take about 1 hour. The yarn I use is really soft and fairly inexpensive (Caron Simply Soft).

I was thinking of selling the headbands for $5 each and the booties for $10-$15 a pair. What do you all think? Eventually, I want to add stuffed animals, scarves, mittens, other baby items, shawls, and doctor who/harry potter etc. related items. What do you think is a fair price for this stuff?

2 Replies to thinking of selling my crochet items

re: thinking of selling my crochet items
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 AM
I think the prices are fair... and the booties are cute.
re: thinking of selling my crochet items
By DarcysReelmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Mar 10, 2013 03:39 AM
Those are both super cute! I even know a girl that would go nuts over that headband...I think the prices are fair; does it include postage? I would totally make an etsy/artfire/fiverr website and see what kind of traffic you get.

I have a cousin who sold jewelry via etsy and made a decent profit - and by that I mean enough to keep going and maybe take her hubby out to a nice restaurant every once in awhile. She would also send the family emails every once and awhile, and got several sales that way.

Best of luck!

ReplySendWatch