Forum: Ballet / Pas De Deux

Pas De Deux
Too early to try Pas De Deux (6 months for training)?
By stefansen Comments: 13, member since Wed Nov 03, 2010
On Wed Mar 13, 2013 01:51 AM

Hi,

I have learned Ballet for 6 months.

The Teacher asked me to try Pas De Deux, as she think i am strong and tall enough.

The studio is new, and not many students. The school only have only one male student. Teacher want to have performance for the studio, and find someone to be partner. I am not sure if it is appropriate to start so early.

3 Replies to Too early to try Pas De Deux (6 months for training)?

re: Too early to try Pas De Deux (6 months for training)?
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2214, member since Thu Dec 20, 2007
On Wed Mar 13, 2013 02:09 AM
If you're a woman, it's far too early. If you're a man, it's OK.

For women, PDD skills are the same as skills required to dance by yourself. For men, PDD skills are completely different. You need to understand ballet well enough to help your partner dance, but you don't have to execute the (ballet) moves with your own body.
By swanilda338 Comments: 128, member since Wed Mar 13, 2013
On Wed Mar 13, 2013 06:43 PM
It might be a little too early to start Pas De Deux it your still a Beginner. To do Pas De Deux you have to understand that the guy is not going to do all the work for you. If your teacher gives you the ok I would try the class but what level is it???
By oliveballet Comments: 9, member since Sat May 21, 2011
On Mon Apr 01, 2013 07:39 PM
If your teacher thinks you're okay, then go for it. :) It might be a little bit difficult if you're a girl (guys don't really do much actual dancing, sorry to say), but hey, if the teacher says to do it, do what she says!

ReplySendWatch