Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 5 of 11: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
re: Keep My Eyes to Serve, My Hands to Learn
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Sep 14, 2013 08:33 PM
I've just been in really bad shape mentally lately. Not really looking for support or sympathy, I just feel bad that I haven't given a real update in a while.
re: Keep My Eyes to Serve, My Hands to Learn (karma: 2)
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Sep 15, 2013 07:05 AM
Don't feel bad! Do what you need to do to take care of you.

As I've said, this is kind of a crap time of year for me. I'll be fine one minute and sobbing the next. Try to relax into the feelings as much as you can. I know that's easier said than done, but I've found that accepting it helps me get through it faster. Don't punish yourself or blame yourself. You can't help your brain chemistry. When I start to get wound up and feel like I'm going to have a seizure, I'll treat my brain like a toddler throwing a tantrum. "So you want to play it this way? Fine." and 9 times out of 10, it'll stop. And being the awesome mom you are, I'm sure you're quite familiar with dealing with tempter tantrums. :D

Hang in there, darling. You'll get there.
On Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 PM
I'm redoing the bodice of my solo dress. It currently looks like the top to a really tacky 80's gown, and that's how I know I'm doing it right.

Ohhhh yeah!
On Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:07 PM
I'm redoing the bodice of my solo dress. It currently looks like the top to a really tacky 80's gown, and that's how I know I'm doing it right.

Ohhhh yeah!
re: Keep My Eyes to Serve, My Hands to Learn (karma: 1)
On Fri Sep 20, 2013 08:28 PM
Today was Hubby's birthday, and we went out on a fancy date. Had a good time, ate good food. I made sure to take an obligatory selfie just 'cause I felt so pretty.
By reeldancegirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Sep 21, 2013 09:42 AM
You look great! Red is so your color.
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Sep 21, 2013 09:59 AM
Looking good!

Its gonna be a long time for lol.
On Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:01 AM
Thanks you guys! I tried a new makeup technique and I think I like it.

Funny thing- the being that I'm wearing is actually a set that I bought to cannibalize into a tiara for Irish dance. That evening I was trying to find some jewelry and it came to mine and turned out to go with the rest of my outfit perfectly.

Been working on my solo dress; I think if I can make myself be productive today I might be able to finish it up.
On Thu Sep 26, 2013 01:14 PM
Today I'm tired, but it is a good day :) haven't felt this good in a while!
On Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:18 AM
Biking 3 miles isn't something to brag about, but when you bike 3 miles- half of it uphill- with 3 kids totaling about 100 lbs being pulled behind you in a bike trailer, yeah, I'm going to brag a little bit.

I am determined to have amazing, strong legs by the oireachtas.
On Fri Sep 27, 2013 03:08 PM
Remember how I said I was going to use the necklace for my tiara? Here's stage one. I'm debating whether I want to cover the entire thing in bigger crystals or leave it as it is.
On Sun Sep 29, 2013 01:55 PM
Laying on my bed, and Charlotte just climbs up and passes out. <3 my sweet toddler-baby.
On Mon Oct 07, 2013 09:30 AM
Fully-done tiara!

Doctor's appointment today to reevaluate my meds. Much needed appointment, but the thought of it is bringing a wave of panic attacks and I hate it.

There are lots of things going wonderfully in my life right now- dance is going really well, hubby and I are closer than ever, and the kiddos are so wonderful.

Working on staying positive. DDN, want to help out and tell me the good stuff that's going on in your life? Will give karma for any and all positive news!
By TuniePremium member
On Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:16 AM
Your tiara is amazing!! Well done. :)

That picture of Charlotte is absolutely adorable. What a sweetie.

About one month ago I started teaching Irish dance at a studio. I do not have my TCRG, but these students don't have any desire to compete. I have three classes. I'm telling everybody this - last week, the tiny beginners did skip two threes with music, they were on time and everything!! I was thrilled.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:38 AM
Let's see...happy news...

I'm 1 month, 4 days seizure free!

I'm waiting to hear about a promotion & a significant raise along with it.

I've discovered Trader Joe's pumpkin poptarts which is possibly the best discovery this fall.

I'm in a wonderful relationship with someone I adore and who adores me right back. And when I can drive again in March, we're officially moving in together.

I'm alive, healthy, and have lost 30 lbs since last March. Whee!

Hope some of that perked you up. I <3 you.
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:14 PM
Happy news...

I think I may have the hang of tandem breast feeding... I have the ability to breast feed this timenaround and I'm not totally hating it right now.

Both twins are sleeping right now... And I think I may have found a solution for Liam's sleep issues!

Its a beautiful sunny fall day withwwarm temperatures.

I woke up thinking today was Friday.
By Tansey
On Mon Oct 07, 2013 01:09 PM
Your tiara is gorgeous! In all my daughter's years as an Irish dancer, it never once occurred to me that I could MAKE a tiara! How clever of you!

Good things in my life right now:

- The real estate market is better than it's been in years. And this time around, I have the sense to be very grateful.

- The nest is emptying rapidly (son launched, daughter in college). I'd always dreaded this; I thought it would be really hard, since I'm a single mom now, but I'm really enjoying the extra time with my wonderful friends as well as my cousins. I've been having a blast!
On Mon Oct 07, 2013 08:54 PM
You. Guys. Rock. Thanks for all the positivity! It lifted my spirits for sure :)

Doctor prescribed me a new med and a sleeping aid. I'll start on them tomorrow. Feeling much, much better now that the appointment is over!

We're babysitting the kids' class pet- a bearded dragon- and I am in love. He is SO fun. Picture is of him exploring the kitchen a few nights ago.

I am seriously considering keeping him and just replacing their class pet.
By leogirlPremium member
On Thu Oct 10, 2013 07:55 AM
I'm sending good energy that your new med is exactly what you need. And regarding the sleep aid, when I got a prescription for one, simply knowing I had it helped my sleep. Knowing I had something to prevent me from laying awake all night took the "pressure" off of having to fall asleep, which helped me fall asleep without even taking it. That got kinda weird grammatically, but I think it's understandable!
On Thu Oct 10, 2013 05:38 PM
You know that mom that babysits the class pet and LOSES it?

Hi, that's me.

Kids left the backdoor open while I was letting Drake run about the house. scoured every square inch of the backyard and am hoping that putting the warming light and a cage full of chirping crickets on the back porch will be enough to entice him home.

Yes. I'm delusional and desperate. Whatever.
On Fri Oct 11, 2013 09:10 PM
Hubby found him, but not before I had a "I can never do anything right" meltdown. I've gotta admit I'm really looking forward to feeling truly stable again.
On Sun Oct 13, 2013 09:02 PM
Edited by Nyssasistic (74238) on 2013-10-13 21:15:43
Was crazy enough to do a feis this weekend.

The good:

made it all the way through my hornpipe without stopping for the first time evar.
Did NOT place last!

The bad:
Danced terribly, stamina was nonexistent.
Placed 7th, and they only "placed" 5.

So I was pleasantly surprised at not getting dead last because I was truly convinced my dancing was dismal. I suppose there's always an upside to things!

Here's to hoping I'm actually prepared for a competition next time :)

Comment #10146974 deleted
Removed by Nyssasistic (74238) on 2013-10-13 21:16:26 double post

On Mon Oct 14, 2013 07:45 AM
So Lotte is successfully weaned. The downside is that my chest is very, very depressed over this. The good news is that I now get to invest in a few good bras since my chest size is going to be consistent!

Yep, I just made a post about my boobs. Keepin' it classy, I know.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 04:19 PM
Got out of the hospital yesterday. Don't feel like talking about it much, but I am feeling much better.
Page:
Page 5 of 11: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed