Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 7 of 11: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
re: Keep My Eyes to Serve, My Hands to Learn
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:02 AM
Oh my god, you are going to LOVE Dublin. It is so walkable and just plain fun, and I went in January five (!!!) years ago. I'll give you some recs!
By Tansey
On Mon Nov 18, 2013 05:39 AM
Meant to add we went to Ireland in February 2011. It was my second visit, and we were there for All-Irelands in Killarney, so we stuck mainly to the West and didn't go to Dublin. If you're going to get out to the West at all, I'd be happy to make recommendations if you want them. I'm so happy for you!
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:44 AM
Thanks, you guys! I am incredibly excited. Hubby and I never got a real honeymoon, and we really need some quality one-on-one time that our bimonthly date nights just don't give us.

I have spent the entire morning cramming my head full of ceilis and sets. If I didn't love it so much, I'm sure I'd go crazy. And after I get the kids down, I am going to FINALLY pick back up on the solo dress that I started working on in September, and then got too busy to finish. If I'm crazy enough, it'll be ready in time for the SRO. I think having my other dress available is really hurting my motivation for this one.

I love weeks that the kids have off of school. It seriously frees up about 6 waking hours of my day.
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:32 AM
(Psst- diaryland- guess what?)

Spoiler: Show
I'm pregnant! Baby #4 is due on July 4th, of all days.
I'll be 10 weeks along this weekend and my morning sickness is killing my ability to really practice for the Oireachtas, but that's okay.

Facebook friends, if you'd be so kind as to not talk about it on facebook I'd appreciate it. I have people on there I need to tell in person still.
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:34 AM
KNEW IT. Congrats!!

One day I'll catch up... ONE DAY!!!!
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:53 AM
I knew it as well!!! Congrats!

That was my due date with Teresa!
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:54 PM
If it's another girl, you'll have the same make up as my dad's side of the family. He's the oldest and the only boy with 3 younger sisters. I approve. :D

And congrats, missy!
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 01:09 PM
Oh boy! Or girl!? I'll make sure I don't tackle you too hard at the SRO! ;)
By CaffeinePremium member
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 01:10 PM
Congratulations, Nyssa! I'm so very happy for you! Best wishes for a safe, easy time :)
By Tansey
On Tue Dec 03, 2013 02:59 PM
Congratulations! How wonderful! And here's hoping your morning sickness is gone before the SRO.
On Thu Dec 05, 2013 09:11 AM
Thanks, everyone! It does feel wonderful to hear so many kind words. <3

This week has been pretty tough, morning sickness has kept me on the couch almost all day every day. Not exactly how I wanted to spend the week before the Oireachtas, but I'll survive. I figure I'll just get out onstage and work really hard to NOT look like I'm incredibly sick and out of shape. Due to running off mid-dance to be sick during class a few times, I'll just be happy if I can complete my rounds without any drama. :)

Well, that is assuming I *make* it to DC. I am supposed to fly out tomorrow morning, but tonight an ice storm is supposed to move into the area and Texans panic the moment it gets cold. Fingers crossed all goes well on that front.
On Thu Dec 05, 2013 06:11 PM
Well, my flight got canceled and so did the other three flights after it. Considering I was flying standby, my chances of actually making it onto a plane before I'm supposed to be onstage is pretty much nil. I'm a lot more upset about this than I feel I ought to be.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 06:35 AM
If you're upset, you're upset. Why isn't really relevant. You didn't get to do something you really wanted to. If I couldn't get to a dance competition I was really excited for & had worked hard to get to, I'd be sad too. If I couldn't get anywhere I was really excited to go, I'd be upset. It's okay to have feelings, even crappy ones. (I think I'm expert on that right now).

:D
By Tansey
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:19 AM
You have every right to be upset. You worked hard to prepare for the O and it stinks that weather is keeping you from dancing on that stage. Hugs.
On Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:47 PM
Well, I made it in the knick of time! Danced on about 5 hours of sleep and lots of morning sickness, but OH, I danced. I had so much fun on that stage! It was a perfect way to wrap things up. Didn't recall, didn't expect to do so. Didn't matter.

Left this afternoon and, due to The Storm from Hell, was stuck in the plane for almost 2 hours after boarding. Missed my connecting flight and will be spending the night in Houston. Luckily, I've watched The Terminal and I've totally got this.
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 09, 2013 06:29 AM
I got stuck in that very same airport in 2008 during hurricane Ike. It was a very scary experience. I feel ya!
On Wed Dec 11, 2013 09:37 AM
Apparently they kick you out of the airport at 3:30 and make you wait until 4 (theoretically) to go back through security. However, since I was only supposed to be catching a connecting flight, I had no boarding/gate pass and had to wait for the ticket counter to open to have one printed. They were supposed to open at 4 as well, but everyone queued up and... waited. They finally showed up at about 4:45, I got through security, and got back to the gate I had been waiting at by 5:15. Since our plane was supposed to be leaving at 6:15, I knew allowing myself to fall back to sleep would be a bad move. I was on the standby list and wanted to be ready to hop to it when my name was called.

Good thing, too, since the flight was full. I got the LAST available seat, and just thanked my lucky stars that I got on it, since Hubby had to take time off work just to pick me up and I didn't want him waiting any longer for me to come in than he had to.

With the ice on the roads, Hubby was actually a half hour or so late picking me up, and it took almost 2 hours (it should have been maybe a 45 minute drive) to get him to work. It was bad, and Texans have NO clue how to drive on the ice so there were people completely disregarding road signs/lanes/common sense and they nearly got everyone else on the road killed. As much as I love my hometown, there is no love lost between me and Dallas in general.

So yes, it was an adventure, and I was a bad mom that day and let the kids watch Christmas cartoons while I tried to make up for my lack of sleep by crashing on the couch.

Last night, we went to Hubby's company Christmas party. Little did I know, Hubby had spearheaded the entire project, and it went off without a hitch! I am SO proud of him. The party itself was a lot of fun, but either I'm bigger than I think or the dress I wore was really unflattering, because people were asking if I was pregnant. The only actual problem with this is that, if I'm showing NOW, that means that OMG I AM GOING TO BE HUGE BY THE END OF MY PREGNANCY. That is NOT okay- my poor abs and back are going to have enough strain already. I am seriously thinking about starting some sort of core-strengthening routine just to keep me in some sort of shape during this pregnancy.

In better news, the last few days have been largely morning sickness free. I'll be 11 weeks on Friday, so maybe the sickness is abating a little early. That also means, if we go by past pregnancies, that this'll be another girl (Digory kept me morning sick all 9 months, the girls were only the first trimester). If so, Digory will be sorely disappointed because he is SO rooting for a little brother.

2 weeks until Christmas! Now that the Oireachtas is over, I can actually focus on it! Yay!
By reeldancegirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:33 AM
Congrats!! Poor Digs, I hope he gets the little brother he wants. My mother was the second of four children but the only girl. She was so upset every time it turned out to be a boy!

I'm glad you were able to make it in time to dance at the Oireachtas! I know a lot of people were stressing over travel. Hopefully next year it won't be so bad.
By Wicked_Elphabamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 11, 2013 09:28 PM
The party itself was a lot of fun, but either I'm bigger than I think or the dress I wore was really unflattering, because people were asking if I was pregnant.

Wow, that's incredibly rude. :( I'm sorry.
re: Keep My Eyes to Serve, My Hands to Learn (karma: 1)
On Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:29 PM
Twins? Lol
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member
On Thu Dec 12, 2013 01:31 AM
Just saw the baby update!!!

Exciting news for sure! Congratulations!
On Wed Dec 18, 2013 08:32 AM
LLD, hold your tongue! Do NOT jinx me! (For the record, multiples run in the family and my sister in law has been tormenting me with twin jokes too).

12 weeks this Friday! That SHOULD mean my morning sickness is tapering off, but it's still hitting me full-force and I haven't done much but sit on the couch and watch the kiddos most of the day this past week. It also means I have been an epic fail at Christmas presents. I haven't bought a single one as of yet. I am SO close to just ordering everything online so I don't have to drag 3 kids through the stores while I'm already feeling sub par at best.

Overall, life is going pretty well. I've spent as much of my downtime as possible studying the Ar Rinci Foirne so I don't feel wholly unproductive. Can't wait to start feeling less dead. I have stuff to do!
On Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:57 AM
Yep that is what I thought about my morning sickness too... I was looking forward to that 12 week mark when I should have started feeling human again... not so much.

So twins? LOL.

When is your first ultrasound?
By Wicked_Elphabamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 18, 2013 02:49 PM
I am SO close to just ordering everything online so I don't have to drag 3 kids through the stores while I'm already feeling sub par at best.

Do it. I absolutely despise shopping during the holidays. Amazon has almost everything you could think of. :D They also ship insanely fast.
On Tue Dec 24, 2013 09:34 AM
Ended up ordering 1 gift online and shopping for the rest. The 1 online gift isn't arriving until after Christmas, but I at least got my seasonal shipping charge refunded.

There's family drama a-plenty this year and I am hoping I can get through today and tomorrow without having a(nother) grand hormonal meltdown.

3.5 hours until the madness begins. I really hope my kids absolutely love this Christmas because that will really be the only way it's able to be redeemed at this point.

Yes, I'm being an absolute Grinch and I hate everyone right now. Excuse me while I hide under my covers and cry.
Page:
Page 7 of 11: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed