Forum: Advice / Guys Only PG-13

Guys Only PG-13
Painful Dance Belt
By Broadway248 Comments: 2, member since Tue Oct 16, 2012
On Thu Mar 14, 2013 03:59 PM
Edited by Broadway248 (254403) on 2013-03-14 16:00:26

I'm in college and have been dancing for a little over 8 months now and I've been having some pain after wearing my dance belt for classes and rehearsals all day. It's typically where the top of the thong touches my crack and it gets really raw and painful. Also I've been getting little bumps on my butt in different areas where the dance belt usually sits like my "perineum/gooch/taint" whatever you wanna call it and and on the inside of my cheeks. Has anybody had this happen to them before? Any suggestions or solutions?

3 Replies to Painful Dance Belt

re: Painful Dance Belt
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Fri Mar 15, 2013 01:11 AM
Oh yeah. It happens. The proper answer is that your dance belt doesn't fit correctly. If you get a proper fit, you should be able to wear it indefinitely with no chafing. And I've tested this theory because I used to have 20 hours of dance class every weekend. So you might want to try a different size or style. But that's not useful advice since you've already bought it. And it't not like you can return them if they don't fit just right. So you have a few options. The easiest one is powder. I live in a REALLY humid region, so I ALWAYS used to put some medicated powder in my dance belt. It can feel a little tingly, so start with a little bit and work your way up. Just keep in mind that if you're wearing something like black tights, the powder can creep through. If you don't like the medicated powder, you can use corn starch or plain talc. (but personally, I think the medicated stuff works way better if your nuts can take it. lol.)

The second option is clear antiperspirant. This actually works really well, and it's great if you're wearing dark colors. Just make sure it dries fully before putting on your dance belt.

And if none of that works, you can buy anti-chafe balm that's specifically designed to do what you want. I think it's made for runners and cyclists, so you can probably find it in a sporting goods store if not at a drug store. I've never used it, but some of my friends have. And if nothing else works, this definitely will.
By Doctor_Dancebelt Comments: 51, member since Sun Apr 25, 2010
On Fri Mar 15, 2013 03:23 AM
If you're wearing a dance belt all day, it would be worth spending the $20 or so to find one that fits. You do already own more than one, I hope? You need a clean one everyday.

Try a different model, and you might think about going up a size too. Most brands of dance belts are sized smaller than normal adult male clothes.

Panic's advice about an anti-chafing product might work to make your current dance belt bareable . The best one is Body Glide. I use it running, but like Panic, have never tried it with a dance belt.

If you go the powder route, be aware that talc is a mineral. Yes, it absorbs moisture, but can also act like sandpaper to increase friction rather than reduce it, so stop if it makes things worse.

You should be able to wear your dance belt without having rashes and chafing problems. Comfort is more subjective.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Fri Mar 15, 2013 03:42 AM
If you go the powder route, be aware that talc is a mineral. Yes, it absorbs moisture, but can also act like sandpaper to increase friction rather than reduce it, so stop if it makes things worse.
Ummmm, no. Talc is a mineral, yes. But it can NOT act like sandpaper. Talc is EXTREMELY soft and is often used as a lubricant (a lubricant is something that DECREASES friction). On the mohs scale of mineral hardness, talc is the softest mineral. en.wikipedia.org . . .
So I don't know where you heard this, but it ain't true.

ReplySendWatch