Forum: Highland / Highland - Guys

Highland - Guys
Trews pattern
By THREEHILLDANCER Comments: 18, member since Tue Feb 05, 2008
On Wed Mar 20, 2013 04:48 AM

I would like to find an easy pattern for trews. My DS has decided he would like a pair now that he is a teen. Help!

4 Replies to Trews pattern

re: Trews pattern
By Dancemom44 Comments: 492, member since Thu Oct 11, 2007
On Wed Mar 20, 2013 06:37 PM

I would be really interested in a pattern as well. My DS has almost outgrown the last pair I made him and I am not looking forward to making the next pair. Last time I adapted an ordinary trouser pattern but added small pleats, higher waist, pockets, elastic w/button waist insert, half leg lining etc. It was alot of work off the pattern, but, with lots of extra length in the leg he has managed to wear them for almost 3 years.

My one tip for anyone making trews is be sure to hand baste your seems before sewing by machine. If you don't it is very hard to get your tartan to match at the seams after you run it through the machine.

I have attached a picture in case anyone is interested.
By THREEHILLDANCER Comments: 18, member since Tue Feb 05, 2008
On Fri Mar 22, 2013 05:38 AM
Thank you for the info. I think I am going to have him dance in different style of pants he has and then look for similar pattern. Simpler the better. Hope it works.
By booverly Comments: 1980, member since Fri Jul 02, 2004
On Sat Mar 23, 2013 04:46 PM
www.lafnmoon.com . . .

May I suggest the above? Comes with all the features you listed as well as a short pant style that can be used for jig trousers.
By sew_what Comments: 113, member since Mon Mar 18, 2013
On Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:58 AM
Wow, those are the nicest trews I have ever seen. Sounds like a lot of work though but they sure look like they are worth it. I love the plaid also. The lines all match so well. Amazing job.

ReplySendWatch