Forum: Highland / Highland - Choreography

Highland - Choreography
What costumes do best for choreography?
By gingermom Comments: 20, member since Sun Mar 24, 2013
On Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 PM

Looking for opinions on what costumes look the best for choreography- more traditional?
more ballet like?
funny?
cute?
What are music preferences too?

5 Replies to What costumes do best for choreography?

re: What costumes do best for choreography?
By DancelassiesMum Comments: 741, member since Sun May 06, 2007
On Mon Mar 25, 2013 02:29 PM
depends on competition and judge... some prefer traditional while others prefer something with some spunk....but the best rule of thumb is to make the outfit match the dance and make it fit beautifully. Nothing worse than an outfit that doesnt fit the music or the dancer!
By GaelicWannabe Comments: 212, member since Sat Jul 12, 2008
On Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 PM
I completely agree with DancelassiesMum. Take your cue from the music being used and the choreography. If the music/dance is softer and more balletic go for something more flowing and balletic. However, if it's a faster number to more a more Celtic Rock piece go for something more edgy and out there.
By sew_what Comments: 113, member since Mon Mar 18, 2013
On Fri Apr 12, 2013 02:46 AM
I too am baffled. should it always have plad in some way. I think I would do that but there are so many possibilities, I don't know where to start.
By GaelicWannabe Comments: 212, member since Sat Jul 12, 2008
On Fri Apr 12, 2013 09:03 PM
In my area for Highland Choreography competitions they usually say the music and costume should have a celtic influence. Including plaid is an easy way to do that but not the only way. I've also seen costumes incorporating what looks like celtic knotwork or a thistle design.
By MrsButt Comments: 7, member since Wed Apr 04, 2012
On Wed May 15, 2013 04:18 PM
I've come across some really awesome places for ideas on Pinterest! Here's one board that I follow:

pinterest.com . . .

ReplySendWatch