Forum: Adults / 30 Something

30 Something
In Celebration of the men in our lives!!! (karma: 4)
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 PM

I am definitely having a Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus moment in my relationship today. It always intrigues me how different genders process situations, and how we individual react to things. But even when I am puzzled at our differences I have to celebrate in the ways we are the same, and the love we share.

My husband always keeps his word. If he tells me he is going to do something he does it. He doesn't forget, or put it off, or procrastinate, it just gets done.

My husband always admits when he is wrong or has handled a situation badly, and says he is sorry. (I am not good at that, but I am better than I used to be.)

My husband can look at a menu and pick out the top 3 things that I'm thinking about ordering.

My husband does 90% of the laundry in our house. God love him! :D

How about you...share some reasons why you love your hubby, brother, dad, uncle etc.

5 Replies to In Celebration of the men in our lives!!!

re: In Celebration of the men in our lives!!! (karma: 1)
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Sat Apr 13, 2013 01:31 AM
My husband is incredibly honest. Almost to a fault, but it makes life so much easier when I can always count on the fact that if he says something, it is true.

He is also generous. Again, almost to a fault, but I tend to "give till it hurts" too, and it would drive me absolutely crazy if he was cheap.

He isn't especially "chatty", in fact my tendency to chatter kind of drives him crazy sometimes (on airplanes, for example)so when he says something especially uplifting, I take it to heart and savor the words, knowing how rare (read precious) each one is. One time, years ago, something good happened with his business. He's worked very hard all his life and although he is diligent in his work he never particularly cared about financial success... he was just happy to do honest work he loved and be able to meet his responsibilities without too much anxiety and without having to sell his soul to the devil. Therefore, it was quite a thrill when he made a ton of money on something he worked hard on. I complimented him on his success with a particular project and praised his hard work. Without missing a beat he looked me right in the eye and said, "Christine, I never could have done any of this without you." Whenever I'm feeling like marriage is a life sentence (till death do us part...)I recall the look on his face when he said this to me and do my best to put minor irritations aside.

Keep On Dancing*
re: In Celebration of the men in our lives!!! (karma: 1)
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12490, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Sat Apr 13, 2013 07:26 AM
He's brilliant, creative, passionate, disciplined, sensitive. He's moody and opinionated and I even love that about him. And his eyes, oh his eyes..... gray and stormy, they reveal how deep he is.

When it comes to me: There is no one in this world who believes in me more. And after more than thirty years, I still get weak in the knees when I think of him.

Now I need to go and hug him and tell him I love him. <3
re: In Celebration of the men in our lives!!!
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5930, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Sat Apr 13, 2013 04:30 PM
I know I'm not a 30-something, but I'm a married lady now so I probably fit in a bit better here. Also, T is 31 so that's gotta count for something, haha.

- My husband loves to cook and will make us delicious suppers that always fill our fridge with leftovers.

- He never complains about taking to bus if I need to car or about giving me a ride to school if I need, etc.

- He totally gets me when I'm feeling grouchy and just lets me do my thing until I'm ready to act normal again, haha.
By ConUnaSonrisamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2520, member since Mon May 21, 2007
On Sat Apr 13, 2013 05:07 PM
Another non-30 something as well, but our two year wedding anniversary is in a couple weeks! I love my husband so much...

-he always sincerely apologizes first after a disagreement, even if I'm the one who should be apologizing first. (I'm working on not being stubborn!)

-if I want something or want to go somewhere or do something, he does everything in his power to make it happen.

-he's never disrespected me in any way. Even if he's annoyed at me he never raises his voice or uses bad language, not even 'stupid' or anything like that.

-he always lets me know I'm on his mind. He'll text me a random 'I love you' during the day, or if he stops at the store he'll get me a piece of chocolate or a rose.

-he makes a point to be interested in the things I like, like Teen Mom and makeup and Zumba.

-speaking of Zumba, he's a really good sport. Even though he feels silly, he'll still do zumba with me or let me do stuff like paint his toenails lol

-he puts me before anyone else. He has a ton of friends and lots of family, but he'll turn them down in favor of me if we haven't spent much time together

-he's an incredible dad. Even though he works a long, physical job, as soon as he gets home he goes into daddy mode. Plays with DS while I finish up dinner, gets him ready for bed, etc. Weekends he gets up with him and lets me sleep in, and often takes him out for daddy time so that I can have a break. He's super involved and so loving and patient.

Now my heart's all warm and fuzzy :)
By Liritmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4789, member since Sat May 18, 2002
On Sat Apr 13, 2013 05:53 PM
The only man in my life right now is my brother... Ha!

But really, there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not proud to be his sister. When he says he's going to do something, he does it. He's an incredible dad. His world rises and sets on my nephew, and I love seeing that. (I do wish he had the opportunity to spend more time with his son, but he's doing everything in his power to make that happen. His baby-mama be cray-cray.) He turned into a pretty incredible person. I not only love him, I like him a whole lot. :)

ReplySendWatch