Forum: Ballet / Pointe - Beginners

Pointe Shoe Problems...
By BalletLife11
On Sat Apr 13, 2013 05:25 AM

In tonight's pointe class, My left shoe was bothering me (not enough support)so my teacher gave my her shoe (almost broken) to try in class. The, it felt like my arch was hugged by the shank.
She said she would look into pointe shoes for me... what kind of pointe shoes would she be looking for?
I have very high arches.

4 Replies to Pointe Shoe Problems...

re: Pointe Shoe Problems...
By SoClassy
On Sat Apr 13, 2013 05:36 AM
I should hope ones that fit your feet. However, if you want any sort of advice on an internet forum, you have to give much more information about your feet.
By LiveLoveDance5
On Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:16 PM
I don't think that you should ever wear someone else's pointe shoe, even your teacher's. Not only is a somewhat unsanitary thing from feet sweating in pointe shoes, but her shoes are molded to her feet, which are certainly not identical to yours. It's a safety thing, even if they feel like they fit ok.

That being said, I think that you need to do some pointe shoe research for yourself. If you comment back with some info about your feet, we'll be able to give you some suggestions of brands and models that might work well for you.
By JigEnPointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 19, 2013 09:45 AM
Yes, dear; we will be able to help more if you let us in on how your feet are built. :) I myself won't be much help, I assume, if your problem is super-high arches, but others will.

Good luck!
By Dancewiththewind
On Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:10 AM
These charts are helpful to find pointe shoes that fit your foot shape.

www.the-perfect-pointe.com . . .

www15.plala.or.jp . . .

ReplySendWatch