Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Adult Dancers

Does anyone remember "The Muppet Show"??...
By Ballet_Brit
On Tue Apr 23, 2013 03:34 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2013-04-24 13:27:05 fixed your title, the "L" was making me giggle

Wondering g of anyone remembers "The Muppet Show." I ran across this one episode which stars Rudolpf Nureyev and he dances with Miss Piggy. I found it on YouTube and is hysterical to watch!!!

youtu.be . . .

Balletbrit.

15 Replies to Does anyone remember "The Muppet Show"??...

re: Does anyone remember "The Mulpet Show"??...
By hummingbird
On Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 PM
Do you mean the one in my avatar?

Of course I remember it, I watched it the first time round, yes, I'm really that old :D
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:46 PM
I love The Muppet Show. I used to watch it with my whole family and we would sing the theme song.
By TuniePremium member
On Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:25 AM
My mom just borrowed a few seasons from the library recently. Pretty much the whole first season, when Kermit announced the guest star, I'm like "who??" Finally Candice Bergen came on and I'm like "I KNOW HER!"

My jaw pretty much hit the floor when Rudolpf Nureyev was announced. I love that the whole time, the Muppets are all saying that he won't show up. Does anyone know who was in the pig suit?
By theresemarie
On Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:04 PM
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the dancing pig! This is great!
re: Does anyone remember "The Muppet Show"??...
By hummingbird
On Wed Apr 24, 2013 02:10 PM
Miss Piggy was danced by Graham Fletcher, a soloist from the Royal Ballet.
By JigEnPointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 25, 2013 05:51 AM
Yes, I remember! :D
By Storm_Trouper
On Sun Apr 28, 2013 03:55 AM
Edited by Storm_Trouper (249942) on 2013-04-28 04:14:55
Edited by Storm_Trouper (249942) on 2013-04-28 04:20:36
So just exactly How Old is that clip of the Pork de Deux? (Pas de Pork?). Apparently pigs CAN fly.
By Storm_Trouper
On Sun Apr 28, 2013 03:59 AM
Edited by Storm_Trouper (249942) on 2013-04-28 04:22:16
Interesting that they elected to use a guy take on the job of en pointe Piggy. I wonder what the back bacon story is on that casting call back bacon?
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 28, 2013 08:45 AM
Storm_Trouper wrote:

Interesting that they elected to use a guy take on the job of en pointe Piggy. I wonder what the back bacon story is on that casting call back bacon?
Traditionally, men have danced the part of comedic or not-pretty female characters such as the ugly stepsisters in Cinderella or a witch like Baba Yaga. In the case of Miss Piggy, it looked to me like that costume weighed a ton and it took a man's strength to be able to dance in it.
By Storm_Trouper
On Sun Apr 28, 2013 06:54 PM
toroandbruin wrote:

Storm_Trouper wrote:

Traditionally, men have danced the part of comedic or not-pretty female characters such as the ugly stepsisters in Cinderella or a witch like Baba Yaga. In the case of Miss Piggy, it looked to me like that costume weighed a ton and it took a man's strength to be able to dance in it.

Tres interesant!
By LeapBoy4Joy2
On Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 AM
Yes indeed I remembered the Muppet Show and use to watched it but I don't remember Rudolpf Nureyev being as a guess star so I'll check out in youtube as you mentioned!!
By OneGiantLeap
On Thu May 23, 2013 06:34 AM
Suzanne Farrell also made an appearance: www.youtube.com . . . (there's more clips on Youtube)

They got some really great guests over the years on that show! I used to watch the re-runs as a kid and that went totally over my head. I much preferred the puppets to the humans back then.
By LeapBoy4Joy2
On Thu May 23, 2013 11:30 AM
Yes the late 1970s are the times of this show OneGiantLeap and i just saw the Ruodlf performance with Miss Piggy, what a humerous skect and good performance, and thanks for sharing the video of Suzanne Farrell thought the performance was small but awsome!!
By OneGiantLeap
On Thu May 23, 2013 06:49 PM
Silly me! Suzanne Farrell appeared on Sesame Street, not The Muppet Show. Well, I used to think it was all the same... : /

It's nice to see "ballet gods" like Nureyev just being fun and human.
By LeapBoy4Joy2
On Fri May 24, 2013 12:05 AM
Well the Muppets and Sesame Street characters are created by the same creator Jim Henson so thats why it Kermit the Frog is there, lol!!

ReplySendWatch